• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shula's Review...Including dress code

Peter Pirate 2

<font color=red>I may be a Disney curmudgeon but I
<<<< Sorry for the confusion. >>>

The fam ate at Shula's this Saturday evening. My wife and youngest daughter shared the 32 oz Prime Rib. They ate it all and said it was very good but I got the impression that it was very good like almost all Prime Rib is. Oldest daughter had the 12 oz Filet Mignon. Again, very good but not as good as her favorite (the NY Strip at Flying Fish) or a recent Filet she had at Del Frisco's in NY. I had the 24 oz bone in Rib Eye and it too was very good bur not as good as my the Strip I had recently at Ruths' Chris.

For sides we had ceasar salads and stuffed potatos. Both were excellent.

For desert the girls had the lemon Creme Brulee. It was excellent as well but not as good as the CB in France at the Food and Wine festival according DD#2 and not as good as the CB at Jiko according to #1 DD.

The meal was $240.00 with a bottle of wine. I never gripe about good food costs and this isn't really a gripe. It was very good although not as good as Shula's in Miami or NY or any Ruths' Chris I've been to so while I'm not sad we went I'm wondering (for future reference) whether my money may have been better spent elsewhere.

Dress code. I don't know about this. We had a family come in and the father (probably 35) was dressed in a (I'm not kidding) bright Hawaiian print shorts and plain white tee. No problems, they were seated right away. :confused3

Peter, this is certainly an unusual review. ;)

Don't know where you first placed it but it was probably moved here since it was a dining review and this is the dining review sub board. So will you repost your review? We've still never tried the Shula's at WDW.

Peter Pirate 2 said:
Why was this moved?

I answered your other post asking why this was moved. It was moved to the dining review board since it was a review.

If you would like to edit your original post to post your review agian, please feel free to do so. It seems more people want to read it. :)

It was moved because it was a hybrid post that STARTED with a "review" of the steaks, salad, stuffed potato, and the creme brulee at Shula's.
That made it appropriate for the review sub-board. Since it also had dress code info, a "redirect" was left so that ANYONE seeing it on the main board can easily locate it here.

I understand. Doesn't seem as user friendly, but that's just me. It's (the review) up again.
pirate:

I haven't eaten at a Ruths' Cris (for which I should be held in violation of Man Law, I know), but we've eaten at Shula's multiple times and always found the quality to be excellent. I've had the NY and the bone-in ribeye, and they were both excellent. I actually joined the 48oz club on our last visit.

I've sampled the prime rib, and it was very good also. The only one I've had that I can say was definitely better was the House of Prime Rib in San Francisco.

The bacon-wrappped BBQ shimp appetizer was also very tasty.

But it is very expensive, and its a fine line between great and very good, so I can understand somebody not seeing things in quite the same light.

As for the dress code, I don't think I've seen as blatant a "violation" as you describe, but I have seen people in regular t-shirts on every visit. Doesn't bother me, of course.

You are right Matt, it's a fine line between very good and great. I found Shula's in NY GREAT. I've been at Shula's at WDW three times and have never been "wowed" even though everything this last trip was very good. Therefore the money I spent didn't feel as value packed as the slightly less sum I always spend at Flying Fish, for example.

BTW, I find Ruths' Chris just unbeatable (batting .1000 in my book) you've got to go back.

Lastly, the 48oz'er? Matt, I feel like a piker!
pirate:

Thanks for the review! Have you eaten at the Yachtsman? I'd love to know what you think about it. As we thought it beat out Ruth's Chris by a landslide!!

Thanks for the review. We haven't eaten there in about a year and a half. Planning on January for a return dinner and looking forward to it. We've always had fantastic meals, right up there with Ruth Chris and Mortons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter