Signed Pins

Eeyore's Pal

Trading pins since before there were rubber backs
Does anyone know of any way to preserve the signature on the back of signed pins?

Even without handling the pins, I guess rubbing against the soft pin bag pages is slowly rubbing away the signatures.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Well, I can tell you a little wearing will make the signature diappear. My Epcot PTP was a signed one. I wore it one day at DL. Remaining were a few black marks in the design indents. I figured it was pretty much gone anyway and sprayed hair spray over it. Didn't help a bit, if not made it worse. But it was so bad anyway I figured I had nothing to lose.
Someone suggested cutting a piece of plastic (even plastic wrap) and placing that behind the pin while wearing it. (Too late for me to do any good. :rolleyes: Another live and learn experience of a newbie.)

Does anyone think a coat of clear nail polish might work? I dont have any nail polish in my house, otherwise I would try it on one of my extra pins. If anyone has a Sharpie marker and nailpolish, would you be willing to conduct this experiment for us?

Craft stores sell a spray glaze, very safe to use on metallic surfaces, for a few bucks. I think eventually nail enamel would peel or crack.

Maybe our artist Dom has better suggestions.

Wanda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter