Significant changes to MDE app in regards to Resort

AngiTN

DIS Veteran
Did anyone else get the update (at least iOS)
They now have you decline housekeeping on the app. (Service Your Way)
Also says it will confirm if you get straight to room option, or not. Makes it sound like this is going to be much more consistent than it's been. They've taken away the "maybe" you can go straight to your room. It's very straight forward, you will get your room number, etc. Guess we'll see about that one

Some screen shots

67EFF152-5CA2-4C43-B888-B79A7732C7E0.png

BC217C46-12C1-4210-AC3C-5941D80E98F5.jpg
D847E958-6094-4AA9-BA9E-F68C00FA2F06.png

Last edited:
I don’t see that yet and I don’t have an update. This would be so helpful.
Edit: got the update now, but don’t see the housekeeping option. Weird.

Last edited:

Got the update too; maybe the housekeeping option appears once you start online check in.

About the option to decline housekeeping - as far as I know, that has not been available at deluxe resorts. I don't know about moderates. So if you are seeing it after the update (or not seeing it), what type of resort have you booked?

I noticed last night there were some changes on the website (also seeing no service your way listed). Just updated my Android and I'm seeing the same changes, thanks for the heads up!

About the option to decline housekeeping - as far as I know, that has not been available at deluxe resorts. I don't know about moderates. So if you are seeing it after the update (or not seeing it), what type of resort have you booked?

I can confirm this housekeeping option is available on the updated app for both value and moderate. We have a quick 2 nighter at ASMo as we pass through town next month and a later Coronado stay and can see it on both.

I’m staying at Pop and it’s not on my app. I am booked with a TA, but not with a group rate or anything, so that shouldn't be an issue. I'm wondering if I am too close to the check in date.

Last edited:
I’m staying at Pop and it’s not on my app.

Just had a thought, I wonder if the option shows up when your stay is within a certain window of time as your trip arrives? Is your trip still a few months off?

On a different note, I was surprised it let me do it for a 2-night stay? Was it always 2 nights to be eligible?

Just had a thought, I wonder if the option shows up when your stay is within a certain window of time as your trip arrives? Is your trip still a few months off?

On a different note, I was surprised it let me do it for a 2-night stay? Was it always 2 nights to be eligible?

I just edited my post to explain that LOL. I check in 7 days from now. I bet it's too close.

I can't remember if 2 nights is a new thing. I've done it for 4 nights before.

I noticed last night there were some changes on the website (also seeing no service your way listed). Just updated my Android and I'm seeing the same changes, thanks for the heads up!

I can confirm this housekeeping option is available on the updated app for both value and moderate. We have a quick 2 nighter at ASMo as we pass through town next month and a later Coronado stay and can see it on both.

Where do you see the housekeeping option? We are staying at Gran Destino. I don't want to decline, but I don't even see the option. Maybe because we don't go until May? :)

Yes, still only for Mod and Value. It even covers/confirms this in the info about the program. Check out the screen shot I have that shows "About the Program"
That particular stay is a Mod

2 nights has always been eligible. The only one not is a single night, since they always deduct 1 night from your total stay because they have to clean after your last night. So minimum is $30
Where do you see the housekeeping option? We are staying at Gran Destino. I don't want to decline, but I don't even see the option. Maybe because we don't go until May? :)
No idea, our stay is 6 weeks away. You don't see it until you go in to Online Checkin. I'd think it's there all the time. I have later stays booked but no other Mod's

2 nights has always been eligible. The only one not is a single night, since they always deduct 1 night from your total stay because they have to clean after your last night. So minimum is $30
Thanks so much, I never knew this

Has anyone had problems getting these options to load? I updated the app this morning on my iphone. Since I am already checked in for my trip I now see the option to "Update checkin." When I choose the option nothing happens. Disney support says its a compatibility issue between the app and the safari browser. Anyone else having this problem?

I haven’t been able to see any of my plans on the app since (this morning). Website is fine, though.

Last edited:
Has anyone had problems getting these options to load? I updated the app this morning on my iphone. Since I am already checked in for my trip I now see the option to "Update checkin." When I choose the option nothing happens. Disney support says its a compatibility issue between the app and the safari browser. Anyone else having this problem?

Everything is working good for me. Those are my screen shots above
I have 11 Pro Max running iOS 13.3, MDE app shows Version 5.6 Build: 20191028.1, if that helps compare things
I haven't use Safari to view MDE on my phone, only the app.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter