Significant changes to MDE app in regards to Resort

I wonder if all bookings with a particular TA get categorized as unable to qualify for the program, even if they aren’t the special rate offers?
As an AP I never book anything but direct myself. I am a control freak when it comes to Disney.

I used Dreams. I know it’s not a convention rate. Who knows. I don’t like dealing with Disney when discounts drop. I’d rather have a TA deal with it.

I used Dreams. I know it’s not a convention rate. Who knows. I don’t like dealing with Disney when discounts drop. I’d rather have a TA deal with it.
Yeah but all reservations done by a TA are coded a certain way. I don’t know if any reservation with a TA code is automatically excluded

Is the 30.00 credit per night that you decline housekeeping? My trip is not until June so I haven't bothered with online chekin yet.

Is the 30.00 credit per night that you decline housekeeping? My trip is not until June so I haven't bothered with online chekin yet.
Per night, minus 1.
They have to clean the day you check out so you can't opt out of it for that day.
So if you have a 6 night stay, you get 5 * $10

Last edited:
I’ve declined housekeeping at Pop on a TA booking before.
Had another theory here.
In the past you did it at the desk. When you book with a TA, the TA owns the reservation until you arrive, right? You can't call Disney for any changes, you have to have your TA do it.
It may be that if you booked with a TA, they can't offer the option to decline until the reservation is turned back over to Disney (to simplify things). Plus, they can tell then if you booked with a special convention rate or with a regular promo just through a TA.
Anyway, no clue, just tossing ideas out there.

Had another theory here.
In the past you did it at the desk. When you book with a TA, the TA owns the reservation until you arrive, right? You can't call Disney for any changes, you have to have your TA do it.
It may be that if you booked with a TA, they can't offer the option to decline until the reservation is turned back over to Disney (to simplify things). Plus, they can tell then if you booked with a special convention rate or with a regular promo just through a TA.
Anyway, no clue, just tossing ideas out there.

Quite possible. I've seen quite a few people on Facebook with the same issue. With so many people using TAs I am surprised it's like this.

This is great news and saves a lot of people from having to check in at the front desk. Now if they would give us the option on MDE to not have keep a credit card on file to do online check in,(for a package) it would be great.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter