Silly Polynesian Question

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
Hi all! We are Disney Commandos! HOWEVER! The next trip we PROMISED ourselves more rest and relaxation! We are seriously considering the Polynesian Resort for 3 or 4 nights at the end of our vacation (and 3 or 4 nights at another WDW resort prior to the Poly).

I will be buying 7 day hoppers but only using 4 park days and saving 3 park days for the next trip ~ a part of the rest and relaxation plan. Here is my silly question; If I have to look at Cinderella's Castle all day and night while staying at the Poly, I know I'll be drawn to it ~ like a moth to a flame! How the heck am I going to control the urge to hop the monorail over to MK and Epcot every single moment? I figure of the estimated 7 nights at WDW, we will do 2 park days while staying at our first resort and 2 park days while staying at the Poly. (might get Sea World in there somewhere if time).

So how do I do it? How do I keep my butt at the Resort and not in the parks? S

I have the same problem. I am hoping for control notice i say hoping. We are supposed to do only 5 days at Disney 2 at universal and 2 rest days. But to cover myself I did get passes for the entire time we are there. If I discover I can't stand it I will be able to go and get my fix . Sorry I can't help you!:Pinkbounc

I used the opposite logic last year. We had 1 day/night in WDW before our cruise and we werent doing any of the parks. Originally we were booked at Pop Century but when that fell through, I figured it was worth the extra money to stay at the Poly, so I could see the castle, Space MT, etc.... to get my park fix.
It worked! We spent the day on the beach, sipping tropical drinks, and taking in the breathtaking view.
I think if you are already going to the parks other days, you should be ok to spend a couple days at the Poly.
Also remember you can still take the monorail over to MK. We did to catch a bus to the BW, and just riding on it helped with that Disney fix too.

You plan to rest and relax, and spend 3 days away from the parks at the Poly, right? You're worried that the castle in the distance will make you go? And you want to save 3 of your park hopper days.

I'd stay away from the castle side on those days. Or, buy annual passes, so you won't have to worry about it. If, of course, they are in your budget.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter