Simple ADR Question

SDSorority

Traumatized by Magic Journeys and Haunted Mansion
Can I do this?

At the 180 day mark, make a 7pm ressie for Kouzzina for the 1st day of our trip, make a 7pm ressie for Sanaa for the 2nd day of our trip, and make a 7pm ressie for Le Cellier for the 3rd day of our trip. Then call back a few days later when the park hours finally come out (UGH :headache:) and just flip flop the days around (keep the same times, but flip flop the Kouzzina and Le Cellier ressies, for example).

Does this make sense? Since I wouldn't be changing time slots, just restaurants, would I have to cancel the reservation totally, and then risk someone else getting my table while the CM is doing it for me? Am I thinking too hard about this?

Can I do this?

At the 180 day mark, make a 7pm ressie for Kouzzina for the 1st day of our trip, make a 7pm ressie for Sanaa for the 2nd day of our trip, and make a 7pm ressie for Le Cellier for the 3rd day of our trip. Then call back a few days later when the park hours finally come out (UGH :headache:) and just flip flop the days around (keep the same times, but flip flop the Kouzzina and Le Cellier ressies, for example).

Does this make sense? Since I wouldn't be changing time slots, just restaurants, would I have to cancel the reservation totally, and then risk someone else getting my table while the CM is doing it for me? Am I thinking too hard about this?

Well, you can't "flip flop" they won't take a slot for one restaurant and simply move it to another...if you started with Le Cellier on day one a and then decided you'd like to do that restaurant on day 3 and do the day 3 rest. on day one, you would call the second you made that decision and see if you can get the times you want..if you can, you go ahead and make your new ressies...however you want them. Once you have what you want secured, you go ahead and cancel the old ones.

Well, you can't "flip flop" they won't take a slot for one restaurant and simply move it to another...if you started with Le Cellier on day one a and then decided you'd like to do that restaurant on day 3 and do the day 3 rest. on day one, you would call the second you made that decision and see if you can get the times you want..if you can, you go ahead and make your new ressies...however you want them. Once you have what you want secured, you go ahead and cancel the old ones.

Shoot, that's what I was afraid of. I hope October park hours come out soon!!! AAHHH!!!! :headache:

Shoot, that's what I was afraid of. I hope October park hours come out soon!!! AAHHH!!!! :headache:

My problem with making ADRs is knowing which parks have the extended extra magic hours on what nights. I generally look at September's schedule and just assume that October is going to have the EMH on the same nights. Even when the parks are open late, we seldom have dinner much later than 6:30-7:00 anyway. It just nice to have the extra time in the park after dinner, rather than running off to another park.

Yes, you would have to cancel the reservation to change it. They cannot simply shift the same reservation to a different restaurant, time or party size.

Always make sure that there is availability for the restaurant you want to change to and book that first before you cancel the one you already have.

My problem with making ADRs is knowing which parks have the extended extra magic hours on what nights. I generally look at September's schedule and just assume that October is going to have the EMH on the same nights. Even when the parks are open late, we seldom have dinner much later than 6:30-7:00 anyway. It just nice to have the extra time in the park after dinner, rather than running off to another park.

Is that how it generally works? That would help a lot! At least a little bit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter