Single father/6yo daughter

Mkripke

Mouseketeer
I am thinking about taking my daughter to Disney. I am just not sure because of her age and she also is sometimes afraid of the characters. Do you think it is wise for me to take her, or should i look for something else?

Six is a perfect age to take your daughter to Disney.The characters are great at avoiding kids that might be afraid of them. I would recomand doing a charater meal early in your trip to let your DD have a chance to meet them at her own pace. Bet she would love the cinderella's breakfast if your can get lucky and get that one.Try to stay on site and let her help you plan. It will be great.

jordan's mom

DD has been going since she was 3, last visit she was a few weeks shy of her 6th birthday. She loves it. There is so much to do and characters, while plentiful, can also be avoided (which we had to do when she was 3 with the fully costumed characters). At 6 she should be tall enough to ride most all of the rides and enjoy the shows. And there's always the pool, one of the big highlights of DD's trips.

There is so much there that both of you should be well entertained throughout your stay. If you have any questions about the things we've done with DD, send me a PM.

Enjoy!

of course you should take her.. and no, don't wait for somone else to take her.. you will only be sorry that you missed it! I took my dd when she was 5,6 and now 7. 6 was the best! She will be tall enough for everything (most likely) and will really enjoy it! Try to stay on site with her so that you don't have the hassles of commuting... walk to hot car without air conditioning on yet etc. Take pool breaks etc.

Just be aware that she may find dark rides--such as Snow White in Fantasy Land--scary. My daughter did; her first trip was at age 5.

Also, don't be suprise if her favorite activity is swimming at the hotel pool. :) This was my experience with my daughter; and friends with children 5-8 have reported the same.

I'd also suggest being prepared to tour the parks at her speed and involving her in the planning.

take her, it will be awesome. Take a pen light for the dark rides, it makes them feel secure. if she loves a special character, look into where you can find them. Belle is my dd's favorite so she wears her costume and goes to the story telling every time. My 3 kids 4,6,8 have been going since 2,4,6. Have fun.

I vote "go for it" too. I took my granddaughter last year when she was six and we had a ball. It was just her and I. If she isn't used to being away from home, you can make it a short 3 or 4 night trip. We stayed at ASMu...my DGD loved it there. She liked MK, AK & MGM....didn't care much for Epcot, so we didn't spend alot of time there. Definately let her help you plan!

There is so much to do there that doesn't involve dark or scary things. I know because my DS was 3 1/2 on our first trip and got very spooked of the dark when our car broke down inside Spaceship Earth. We spent the next 3 days only doing outside or non-dark activities!:D On this past trip he was age 6 and likes the costumed characters but not "face" characters. Their conversations unhinge him! If you go just take your cues from your daughter and don't force her to do anything she is scared of.

My sister is a single parent and took her two DDs to WDW this past year. She was worried about handling them alone at such a big, busy place but they had a great time, no problems.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter