Single riders line

Snowwark

DIS Veteran
I'm not sure that's what it's called, or if all the rides have them, but I'm wondering how they work.

I'm tavelling solo for DisCon, and if I'm on my own, and want to go on HM or BLSRS, I don't have to share my doombuggy or spaceship do I?
How about SE at Epcot, or does it all depend on how busy they are?

I don't mean for this to sound like I'm unfriendly, or never learned to share! :)

Some rides, like Fast Track, have a specific Singles Line. In the case of FT, you will skip the regular line and will go right to the pre-ride video. Then, those in the singles line will fill in empty seats in cars. As you first approach FT, if you don't see the Singles Line tell the CM you're solo.

On rides like the HM or SE you'll get your own Doombuggy or row in the vehicle. If it's really slow, you'll get your own vehicle on rides like SE. Watch out on ToT. When I called out "one" I got placed in the jump seat by the evil CM. :D

Use FastPass too while there. You'll fly through the lines.

The other tip is to listen to the CM that is loading the ride. Often they will look back up the line for a single rider. They will usually call out asking if anyone is by themselves. If you are paying attention you can often skip ahead of a number of people in line.

Test Track is the only ride that I know of that has an official singles line.

TT is the only ride I know of in WDW that has an official singles line. I don't know if other singles have noticed it, but I have seen more and more non-singles going into this line (no rule against this, nor should there be), thereby slightly reducing the effectiveness of the line. I have never had any difficulty getting my own row in the ride vehicles. On multi-row ride vehicles, I will often end up with people in the row ahead of/behind me, but it doesn't diminish my experience at all.

BTW, IOA has singles lines for almost all of the rollercoasters, as well as Spider Man and Dr. Doom. They are not always clearly marked, so ask.

The only thing "single" about the Test Track line is that you will not ride with other members of your party. Although you may wind up in the same car just not next to each other. I still find it much quicker than the stand by line and the fast pass is always SO FAR away!

Thank you for the info everyone! :)

I guess I'll just have to see how it goes. If I feel nervous or scared on a ride, I might impulsively clutch on to a stranger, which probably wouldn't be appreciated!! lol

Universal Orlando also has single rider lines and they work beautifully. I've been able to ride Men in Black over and over and over again, whizzing through the single riders line each time!

In answer to the original question...... At Buzz Lightyear, just tell the CM loading. Several years ago I was the third person in a group. There was a 60+ lady behind us in line. I assumed we would be put together. But she told the CM she was trying to beat her last score and he put us in separate cars....................And this was in the busy summer

They rarely put a single person in a seat with another party. On rides that hold 3 people per car, they will put a party of 2, and then a single person in the next rom if he is alone.

Not so!! I went on Rock n Rollercoaster as a party of 3. They put 2 together in the front seats, and then me and a single rider in the row behind them. Probably just to fill up space. Didn't bother me...that ride rocks!!! :) Test Track is great! Also went as a party of 3. Our fastpasses weren't active for another hour, so the 3 of us breezed into the single riders line. 2 got in the same car, I got into the car behind them. Great ride! :) :) :)

Here's some single rider lines at other theme parks:

Islands of Adventure:
Spider-Man
Hulk Coaster
Dr. Doom's Fearfall
Jurassic Park River Adventure

Universal Studios:
Men in Black
E.T.

Busch Gardens Tampa:
Rhino Rally

Single rider lines tend to open when the regular queue is around 30 minutes. Men in Black's single rider line generally stays open all the time until the ride is almost a walk-on.

Also, if you are going single and riding the coasters, try this. After you get off, look for three people loading into a four seat row. When you see the open seat and no one else is going for it, head to the empty seat and sit down! It works best on Montu at Busch Gardens and Kraken at Sea World. It doesn't work well on Kumba at Busch Gardens and the Hulk Coaster. You have to climb over some feet to get to the empty seat!

I'm talking doombuggies and BLSRS spaceships Barry, definitely NOT rollercoasters, LOL! If, and it's a HUGE if, I can force myself to ride RnRcoaster, I don't think I'd want to do it with complete strangers. :eek:

Kim

I usually ride RnR single, I usually get paired up. The last time the CM walked me up to the front car! First time in the front seat, it was cool! It's in the dark and fast, so you don't feel like you're riding with a stranger.

When I went solo, I got the front and back seats of Pirates to myself. I've gotten my own doombuggy in the Haunted Mansion and my own row in Spaceship Earth. You usually arent' paired with other people.

In other rides, I've gotten my own car in TTA and Buzz Lightyear. I've gotten my own row in Splash Mountain (depending on how busy they are).

Kim, with sooooooo many other solo travelers at DIS-Con you're going to have to run and/or hide to ever truely be ALONE.....LOL I doubt we're going to let anyone be too alone for too long. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter