Sister Trip

GrammyGin

Earning My Ears
As a side trip to a conference I am attending at Disney Coronado Springs Resort, my sis and I will have 1 and one half days to visit 1 or 2 of the parks. We want to see Epcot for sure and maybe Magic Kingdom. Which one would be best for our shorter day? What about Fast Passes? Not sure we will ride that many rides, but ya never know:-). Any other suggestions? Should we study the park maps close to make sure we are not wasting precious time? Any savings suggestions if we want to eat a meal inside the park? Neither of us have ever been there, so we are "winging" it.

The single most important thing I’ve learned about WDW, is a little planning makes ALL the difference. The first time I stepped foot inside MK, I knew absolutely nothing about what I wanted to do, the layout of the park, where I might eat, etc...it was a nightmare! I swore I would never go back. My advice, pick up one of the many planning books available and have some idea of how you would like to spend your time (and as importantly, how NOT to spend your time). Without a plan, chances are, by the time you figure out what you want to do, you may be out of time to do it.

My advice, have a plan and have a blast! :thumbsup2

The single most important thing I’ve learned about WDW, is a little planning makes ALL the difference. The first time I stepped foot inside MK, I knew absolutely nothing about what I wanted to do, the layout of the park, where I might eat, etc...it was a nightmare! I swore I would never go back. My advice, pick up one of the many planning books available and have some idea of how you would like to spend your time (and as importantly, how NOT to spend your time). Without a plan, chances are, by the time you figure out what you want to do, you may be out of time to do it.

My advice, have a plan and have a blast! :thumbsup2
Thanks! We are going to do our best!

I would spend a whole day at MK and your other at EPCOT. Know you wont see everything. And you will enjoy the rides.

My first trip to WDW I used allears.net to plan my trip. Figure out where you want to eat, what you want to see and make plans. You will enjoy yourself

what time of year is your conference? If there is a festival going on in Epcot, it may impact where you eat. I love just wandering through World Showcase and eating at different booths during Flower and Garden or Food and Wine. You will also want to use Fastpasses. Think about what kind of rides you like (thrill rides or less thrilling, or getting good seating for fireworks or a show). There are lots of sites to help you plan. Have fun.

My sis and I would do a full day at MK and half at Epcot but we love classic Disney. We like eating at Epcot more than anything. I'd suggest Columbia Harbor House for a meal at MK if you are looking to stay on budget. That is one of the best counter serve restaurants in WDW with lots of options. For Epcot the festivals have good food booths but it is not at a savings ($$) - Seasons is a good cheaper option there and there are some good counter options around the World Showcase as well that aren't too pricey depending on your taste.

To echo though - do some planning! These parks are large and those that show up with no plan (and no previous experience) don't have as much fun. Planning can help you circumvent some long lines and let you make basic food decisions in advance. You don't have to do a full minute by minute plan - but know the basics. YouTube is your friend - there are videos on using the FP app that are helpful and just watching people walk around gives you an idea what is where.

My sister and I were just at Disney World this past January! If my 13 yo son had not been with us we would have spent our Epcot day strictly at the World Showcase. It's even better when you have evening EMH at Epcot. Our MK day was basically riding the three mountains, the Festival of Fantasy parade, HEA fireworks, Once Upon a Time and The Kiss Goodnight.

When will you be going? If it's during Food and Wine I would plan a whole day at Epcot. The park is very spread out and there are some classic rides in FW you'll want to ride ( Spaceship Earth, Soarin' and Test Track stand out ). Lots of good shopping and food in WS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter