Sister Wives

I'm curious if it's going to come back for another season. We go to a trade show every January in Las Vegas and I swear my husband is a Kody Brown magnet. He manages to find him every time we are there. Last year he found him trying to sell product in one of the booths. We'll see if he shows up next year.

Oh I get that. I just can't imagine anybody wanting to move into the middle of all of that crazy. But then I wouldn't want to spend that kind of money to live on a cul-de-sac where one family owned so many of the other homes around me. Throw in reality TV cameras and I'm definitely out.
if its true , then maybe maddie or the other daughter who got married would move in-lol!

Not sure if theres another post about sister wies just found this one. I'm watching shows back to back catching up. OMG Tony and Mekelti have no clue about money. Who is paying for their wedding because I know they aren't. I can't believe they want to invite 400 people to their wedding. I bet if they were having to pay for it themselves they wouldn't invite that many people and would have a more simple event. I just think they both are immature.

Not sure if theres another post about sister wies just found this one. I'm watching shows back to back catching up. OMG Tony and Mekelti have no clue about money. Who is paying for their wedding because I know they aren't. I can't believe they want to invite 400 people to their wedding. I bet if they were having to pay for it themselves they wouldn't invite that many people and would have a more simple event. I just think they both are immature.
Yes, both immature, ungrateful and honestly come across as spoiled brats. I'm just going to come out and bluntly say I don't like Tony...I really dislike him and I'm just trying to figure out if Christine really doesn't dislike him or if she just feels the need to fake it because she thinks she's supposed to. I really just can't stand him, I didn't like him last year and tonight was no different. He seems like a rude, entitled, kind of controlling, def. doesn't know or respect his place in situations jerk.

and beat the piñatas of themselves?!?! Do they work? His parent seems very quiet and opposite of him so got me thinking is he doing this to be on camera. He seems to like attention

Ugh...Tony. There's something definitely off about him. Then he made the joke about the tampons. It's like really, how old are you? I don't get why the "adults" laugh at everything he says. Maybe they think they have to? I get the impression, too, that Christine may not be so sold on him.

Yes, both immature, ungrateful and honestly come across as spoiled brats. I'm just going to come out and bluntly say I don't like Tony...I really dislike him and I'm just trying to figure out if Christine really doesn't dislike him or if she just feels the need to fake it because she thinks she's supposed to. I really just can't stand him, I didn't like him last year and tonight was no different. He seems like a rude, entitled, kind of controlling, def. doesn't know or respect his place in situations jerk.
i agree. It was a very awkward episode to watch. Christine was already upset about her less than thrilled response to their engagement. Now she’s doing damage control. I think behind the scenes they have very different things to say.

I think those segments about the wedding venue and the wedding planner were so over the top with how long they went on and their praise for the wedding planner, that it felt like one long advertisement. I’m guessing the venue is giving them a big break on the cost.

And how the heck does anyone bring uninvited guests to a wedding? How do you plan for unplanned guests? I bet a lot of people want to go to a wedding that’s going to be on TV.

Tony is repulsive with no social skills at all and Mykelti is a moron. Last night we all thought she was on something during her interviews, too. There was something even more "off" about her than usual. It seems like Kody isn't even trying to pretend that he likes Meri anymore. He was snarky, and looked like a psycho, when the other wives stood up for her.

Last edited:
Last night I caught myself wondering if Tony is just in this for the TV exposure. He came across like he just wanted camera time. I hope Mari moves on and runs her B & B - the previews for the next episode look like she is looking to mend things with Kody and he's just not interested in her anymore.

I'm sure TLC pays for the wedding so I'm going to guess money not an issue.
i disagree. They pay the participants for doing the show. I don’t think they’d foot the bill for an entire wedding (and the last one, and the next one, and the next...), although they may negotiate a deal with the venue..maybe even pay what the venue doesn’t cover for the free advertising. I’m sure we just need to agree to disagree! :thumbsup2

i disagree. They pay the participants for doing the show. I don’t think they’d foot the bill for an entire wedding (and the last one, and the next one, and the next...), although they may negotiate a deal with the venue..maybe even pay what the venue doesn’t cover for the free advertising. I’m sure we just need to agree to disagree! :thumbsup2
No need to agree or disagree
here the article I read that makes me think they get a lot of stuff paid for. Reality producer Terence Michael has estimatedthat reality families earn about 10 percent of a show’s per-episode budget. TLC is said to spend anywhere between $250,000 and $400,000 per episode on its shows, which means the Browns take in $25,000 to $40,000. The show has run 127 episodes over its seven seasons, which would’ve made them, at minimum, a little more than $3 million. That’s not even factoring in earnings from side projects, like the wives’ online jewelry and clothing boutique, My Sister Wife’s Closet. that 250,00-400,000 per show that goes for trip or anything that the family does right.

Nov 11, 2017 11:00 am
By Samantha Lear
kody-brown-sister-wives.jpg

This photo seems pretty current is Robin pregnant again

Mine is on my DVR. Will watch sometime this week.

I do hope Mary leaves Kody already. I honestly believe she is the only one of the 4 that truly loved/loves him. Maybe Christine too. But I think Christine is more in love with the polygamist lifestyle than she is with Kody himself. Janelle isn't in love. She's just going through the motions. And Robin strikes me as someone with low self esteem that was just happy to have a man after her previously bad relationship.

Such a train wreck but I can't stop watching!

Mine is on my DVR. Will watch sometime this week.

I do hope Mary leaves Kody already. I honestly believe she is the only one of the 4 that truly loved/loves him. Maybe Christine too. But I think Christine is more in love with the polygamist lifestyle than she is with Kody himself. Janelle isn't in love. She's just going through the motions. And Robin strikes me as someone with low self esteem that was just happy to have a man after her previously bad relationship.

Such a train wreck but I can't stop watching!
I agree.

No need to agree or disagree
here the article I read that makes me think they get a lot of stuff paid for. Reality producer Terence Michael has estimatedthat reality families earn about 10 percent of a show’s per-episode budget. TLC is said to spend anywhere between $250,000 and $400,000 per episode on its shows, which means the Browns take in $25,000 to $40,000. The show has run 127 episodes over its seven seasons, which would’ve made them, at minimum, a little more than $3 million. That’s not even factoring in earnings from side projects, like the wives’ online jewelry and clothing boutique, My Sister Wife’s Closet. that 250,00-400,000 per show that goes for trip or anything that the family does right.

I would think that would have to cover salaries for the film crew, probably travel expenses and per diem for them as well, equipment costs, any fees or licensing requirements for filming in various locations if there are any, etc. I bet that eats up a big chunk of the budget.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter