Sit Downs...Most Bang For Your Buck??

Emme

DIS Veteran
What sit down restaurants in WDW do you think give you the most for your dollar (and don't tell me to check Deb's site,I want your opinion :))?

I am thinking Trails End buffet as a great one, cozy atmosphere, all you can eat of really yummy food and a great price!

What is your pick? It can be at a park or resort!

Thanks!

Emmy

I've only eaten breakfast at Trails End. It was great, just about all the selections available at buffets costing nearly three times as much.

I wouldn't travel there just to save a few dollars, but if I am there, its great.

Basically, you are looking for the lowest priced buffets. I think the Oktoberfest in Germany at WS is very good and one of the less expensive buffets. Ohanas was also very good with an un-ending supply of food.

Sorry, but I have to confess that I am not very budget conscious, I pretty much eat where I feel like without any regard to the price, so I am not sure if Ohanas is low priced.

Bomas at AKL gives an incredibely huge selection, I think it is my favorite, just wish I didn't have to go all the way to AKL to get there.

Well our must do's are:

Hoop Dee Doo Revue
Whispering canyon for breakfast
Spoodles for breakfast
Cape May for dinner
Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner

But the most bang has to be burgers at Pecos Bills!

Least bang, were talking not a snack crackle or pop: San Angel Inn.

We thought Whispering Canyon was good. My sis and I ate there a few weeks ago and shared the Ribs for dinner. We couldn't finish them even with sharing! I think the price was about $18. The bottom-less milkshake is also a great bargain if you have some who can drink that much. On top of the large portions, those with kids will find the restaurant very entertaining.

Isn't Trail's End still a buffet?

Kona is a great value for scrumptious food at dinner I think. Food on a par with the most expensive resort restaurants but perhaps $10 less per entree.

Two resturaunts come to mind-both Epcot WS, both lunches. Teppenyaki and Biergarten. With two college aged DS's, we looked for reasonable prices.

I suggest Olivia's at OKW Resort. Its one of WDW's best kept secrets. The prices are low, food/service/atmosphere is fantastic!

I like Whispering Canyon, Cape May Cafe & 'Ohana for buffets or all you can eat; Cape May has the best variety, 'Ohana the best view and Whispering Canyon the best entertainment! I felt I got a lot of bang for my buck at all 3 restaurants.

I was very pleased to eat at Kona Cafe this last trip, not once but twice! It was so good the first night we went back the last night. Both times for dinner- first time I had Prime Rib and it was lip smackin good and it came with smashed potatoes & these great julienned veggies. The second time I had the veggie spring rolls which I have been CRAVING since I came back from WDW! They are two HUGE spring rolls, cut in half, and it comes with a salad....you also get this great sesame foccacia style bread with your dinner. Wasn't too expensive either- prime rib was $20 and spring rolls were $14. I thought both were great dinners at a great price. And the service was FAST and friendly both times.

I think the lunch buffets at Akershus and Biergarten in Epcot offer very good value for the money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter