Skyline with social distancing rules in place

That's how Lysol spray works. You spray it & let dry & kills 99.9'% of germs. So maybe something like that. I think it would work. I was thinking that's what they would possibly do for rides & things. There is no way they could wipe it down each time.

And if anyone can get a bead on massive amounts of lysol spray while the store shelves are still bare, it's DISNEY lol. But I imagine they would be using some kind of wet spray that they could just shower the inside of a ride car/skyliner/bus with and let it dry in between passengers. Way more efficient than hand wiping everything, as long as it still kills bugs effectively.

At a time when average citizens still can't predictably purchase Lysol or other disinfecting products, it seems foolhardy to me for someone like Disney to acquire massive amounts of it to allow them to open a theme park. If Disney has the clout, maybe they could just get it and distribute it to the public.

At a time when average citizens still can't predictably purchase Lysol or other disinfecting products, it seems foolhardy to me for someone like Disney to acquire massive amounts of it to allow them to open a theme park. If Disney has the clout, maybe they could just get it and distribute it to the public.

And by the same token, all the restaurants that just reopened shouldn't be allowed to purchase meat when meat supplies around the country are still unreliable. Maybe they could just get it and distribute it to their communities instead of opening their dining rooms.

That's how Lysol spray works. You spray it & let dry & kills 99.9'% of germs. So maybe something like that. I think it would work. I was thinking that's what they would possibly do for rides & things. There is no way they could wipe it down each time.
there are people allergic to spray Lysol and cant be near when sprayed

And by the same token, all the restaurants that just reopened shouldn't be allowed to purchase meat when meat supplies around the country are still unreliable. Maybe they could just get it and distribute it to their communities instead of opening their dining rooms.
I just don't see the two as equal. People have to eat, whether it's in a restaurant or at home. If they eat at a restaurant, they don't need to eat at home for that meal.

But Disney shooting each Skyliner cabin, each monorail car, each ride car, each bus cycle after cycle after cycle does seem excessive to me.

I don't know what the right answer is though. Just expressing some reservations.

I think they will indeed limit skyliner cars to one car per family group. I don't think it's feasible to wipe down each car after use. It would take forever and the ride would be stop, start, stop...

I was using Lysol as an example. Bleach/water mixture will do the same thing. Restaurants, daycares, use chemicals like this all of the time. That's why over time if not washed intermittently the surface gets that build up. Yes, I am not fond of Lysol just sprayed either, it's gross. I don't like any of the spray stuff, but if it will kill the germ or make inactive, have at it. They are definitely going to have to do something. Short of having a cast member riding on it & wiping it down constantly when someone gets off or stopping rides when unload to sanitize. ?

They are distributing to their communities by saleing them meals. Plus putting their employees back to work so the employees can pay their bills.

I imagine the skyliner would open if the appropriate hotels are open and at least either EPCOT and/or the Studios are open.

I can't help but wonder, how will they clean any of the buses/boats/skyliners? If they intend to clean rides between guests (which is a rumor) how would they deal with their modes of transportation?

We have a trip scheduled for late September/early October, and plan on having a rental car. We can give the car a once over with wipes, and be comfortable.

Most of the big transit systems are experimenting with using UV light to kill the virus. It can be set up to run automatically, and you don't have to mop up after it. I'm pretty sure that WDW will install it on the buses, but I don't know how possible it is to fit these onto gondola cars (although it is being used on elevators in Chinese hospitals). If it is viable and a "clean cycle" has to be run, I think they could set it up to load something like every other car at every other station, so that there is always a freshly zapped car coming in for loading within 2-3 minutes. (The vehicle has to be empty to run it, which complicates the issue; there is some talk in China of putting up shields for drivers so that buses/trains can be zapped any time there are no passengers aboard.)

I need COVID-19 to be done and over with - vaccine at least

It takes some time (45 seconds?) to zap the interior of the gondola with UV light. There would have to be some holding area big enough to hold several gondolas so a new gondola can join the end of the holding line and a freshly zapped gondola can emerge every 12 seconds or so while each gondola gets the 45 or whatever seconds of UV while in the holding area.

UV lights that don't injure eyesight in seconds will take even longer to zap germs.

UV light will not go through residues such as even faint peanut butter or jelly handprints.

There would have to be some failsafe way of ensuring no person got into or remained in a gondola when the UV lights came on.

If Lysol or similar spray is wiped off too quickly the germs don't get killed.

Last edited:
It takes some time (45 seconds?) to zap the interior of the gondola with UV light. There would have to be some holding area big enough to hold several gondolas so a new gondola can join the end of the holding line and a freshly zapped gondola can emerge every 12 seconds or so.

UV lights that don't injure eyesight in seconds will take even longer to zap germs.

There would have to be some failsafe way of ensuring no person got into or remained in a gondola when the UV lights came on.

If Lysol or similar spray is wiped off too quickly the germs don't get killed. Forty five seconds needed for this too?

Not sure whether, as people walk on carpet, coronovirus from dried breath droplets requiring another 3 hours to become non-infective, along with asbestos fibers and pollen and other fine particulate matter get puffed up into the air with each step they take (?)

Delta has been using fogging machines to sanitize cabins between long haul flights. I would assume Disney would look into similar technology.

It takes some time (45 seconds?) to zap the interior of the gondola with UV light. There would have to be some holding area big enough to hold several gondolas so a new gondola can join the end of the holding line and a freshly zapped gondola can emerge every 12 seconds or so.

If Lysol or similar spray is wiped off too quickly the germs don't get killed. Forty five seconds needed for this too?

Not sure whether, as people walk on carpet, coronovirus from dried breath droplets requiring another 3 hours to become non-infective, along with asbestos fibers and pollen and other fine particulate matter get puffed up into the air with each step they take (?)
There is a spray that cruise lines employ when norovirus is detected. During turnaround they spray the cabins affected with it. It works on cloth surfaces thus its use

It is effective with corvid-19. It would be simpler to use this instead of UV light.

The intensity of UV used to disinfect medical instruments would be deadly if your skin etc is exposed to it.

I need COVID-19 to be done and over with - vaccine at least

A Vaccination is not the end all be all. CDC shows that seasonal flu only reduces risk 40-60%. So basically a 50/50 chance even with the vaccine you’d still have chance to get it. I wouldn’t think any different when Covid vaccine comes to market. We need to just live our lives, stay healthy and boost your immune system.

I saw a news report on some antimicrobial treatment that they can spray rides or whatever with that lasts 30 days. The news was making it sound like it would work for virus. I'm not sold but something to look into. IF there is such a thing they could put it on now before things open up and then reapply at night as needed.

I also hope that they'll leave every other car or every couple of cars empty leaving CB on the Epcot line so the people getting on at Riviera don't have to wait for hours for an empty cabin for their group.

They absolutely can be.
  • Tetanus: 51 cases a year worldwide, 10 deaths.
  • Polio: as of 2015, just 500 cases and in only three countries.
  • Smallpox: the !ast case of smallpox was in 1977 - almost 50 years ago.
  • Measles: was pretty much eradicated - until the amti-vax movement.
https://www.newsmax.com/fastfeatures/vaccines-history-successful/2015/06/27/id/652543/

Very true, but none of those pathogens is a coronavirus. There have been efforts to create a coronavirus vaccine since at least 2008, but none has ever been successfully tested in humans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter