~*~ Dream ~*~ Believe ~*~ Achieve ~*~ (Comments Welcome)

I have nothing to add on the brands that you mentioned, but I am glad to see you ruled out Proform. That is what I have and I hate it with a passion. The belt will not stay centered no matter what I do. I will add to make sure you pay for delivery and setup, it is so worth the extra cost! I thought I was going to break my toes or that the treadmill was going to fall down the stairs and kill me when my husband and I installed and set up ours. :duck:

Yikes! I can’t believe the amount of almost new treadmills available via Facebook, offerup, etc. my DH and I briefly considered it until we realized we would have to get it into the back of his truck, out of the truck, into the house and up the stairs. We quickly realized we would hurt ourselves or cause significant damage to something.

Yikes! I can’t believe the amount of almost new treadmills available via Facebook, offerup, etc. my DH and I briefly considered it until we realized we would have to get it into the back of his truck, out of the truck, into the house and up the stairs. We quickly realized we would hurt ourselves or cause significant damage to something.

LOL! The whole time we were moving it I kept thinking "well, this is going to be how I go."

05/14/18 - 05/20/18
It has been raining and raining and raining and raining. So this photo from May 2013 popped up on my Facebook memory thingy.

IMG_3238.JPG

I'm on the left and my friend Bonnie is in the middle. She convinced Cintia & me to run this 5K with her. At this time in my life I hadn't run in a very long time. I trained exactly ONCE for this race. I wanted to die. I remember trudging up the hill in mile 3 remembering why I gave up running, how damn slow I was and how can people do this to themselves for an entire 26 miles??? I hated life. I wanted to strangle my friend for convincing me to get up early on a Saturday and sweat this much. My finish time was 32:28. Little did I know that crossing that finish line would change my life. If you tried to tell me back then that I would be running half marathons and training for Dopey I would think you were delusional!!!
So here is how the week went!!!

Monday - Rest Day. It rained all afternoon.

Tuesday - Not much to report other than the huge bug that flew into my eye. It rained again.
  • 4 mi @ EB 11:47 + Strides
  • Splits: 11:31, 12:09, 11:28, 10:14
Wednesday - This run sucked. I knew lacing up my shoes on the front porch that this was a bad idea. Feeling like you are going to suffocate and are sweating after walking to the end of the driveway should be a huge red flag to turn around and go back inside. Of course I didn't do that. I'm a warrior. I'm a running machine. I quit the run after the warm up and first set of repeats. My clothes were soaked. My visor was so wet it couldn't stop the sweat from running down my face any longer. I had to take off my Oakleys because they stayed fogged up. My swanky wrist sweatbands were wet. Sweat was running down my legs into my socks and shoes. It was the most disgusting run ever. It rained for the rest of the day. Not a nice cooling rain either. It was the kind of rain that made it seem even hotter and more humid.

What I was supposed to run: 2 mi WU + 4x(150m @ 8:36 w/ 150m RI) + 2x(1mi @ 9:46 + 1min RI) + 4x(150m @ 8:36 w/ 150m RI) + 1 mi CD

Round #1 - I walked between intervals.
  • 2 mi WU + 4x(150m @ 8:36 w/ 150m RI)
  • Splits: 13:05, 13:10 + (8:35, 14:08, 9:14, 17:01, 8:30, 17:30, 8:42, 19:13)
Round #2 - 1 mi WU + 2mi @ 9:46 on treadmill
  • I thought I took a photo so I could have the treadmill data, but I don't know what happened to it.
  • Garmin: 3.02 @ 10:21
Round #3 - Coach said not to do intervals on the treadmill, but I still had some pep in my step and improvised a speed workout running fast for .10 then slow for .10 with a half mile cool down.
  • I don't know what happened to my photo, but I know I went 1mi on the treadmill.
  • Garmin: .96 @ 11:19
Garmin has a setting called Calibrate & Save after completing a treadmill run that I forgot to use as well. I did use it for the rest of the week though.

Thursday - Weather was the same as the day before so I didn't even attempt an outdoor run. My treadmill shut down on me while I was fixing my ponytail. There are huge windows in front of the treadmills so I had a beautiful view of RAIN.

Total Workout planned 4 mi @ EA 12:36

Round #1
  • Treadmill: 2.21 @ 12:25 w/ 1% incline
Round #2
  • Treadmill: 1.8 @ 12:44 w/ 1% incline
Friday - Rest Day. It rained.

Saturday - So I decided to be smart and adjust my pace today after doing a weather check and stepping outside to see how it felt. Temperature + Dew Point was 142. I have a handy dandy chart that tells me I'm supposed to adjust my pace 3-4.5% for T+D 140-149. Well, it was supposed to be an easy run so I chose 4% which gave me a new pace of 12:15. I usually do 5 strides in the last mile, but when I checked my heart rate after #4 it was 177!!! Got done just in time because it started pouring out.
  • 5 mi @ EB 11:47 + Strides
  • Splits: 12:17, 12:11, 12:14, 12:15, 11:03
Sunday - Rain. Rain. Rain. Lightning. Treadmill.
  • 5 mi @ LR 11:24
  • 5 mi @ 11:35 w/ 1% incline

Meal Plan for the Week
Books Read: 2

From a painful 5k to getting ready for Dopey ... its incredible to see how far you've come. You're a rock star!

I finally aligned my training plan with our 3 week road trip plans :drive:

The biggest challenge will be the first two days of the trip. I’m scheduled to run 7.5 miles after getting up at 2am and driving 12-14 hours to Washington DC then 9 miles the following day :scared: That’s in addition to all the walking we will be doing Sunday & Monday. I may have some tired legs!

After looking over everything I’ll be running in DC, Maine, Quebec City (Canada), Massachusetts & Virginia!

I feel like this makes it all worth it!!

I'm really excited to run in DC & Quebec!!! I grew up where I'm running in MA & the ME portion of our trip is to visit family and I've run there numerous times. Maine will mostly be on hard packed gravel roads cuz we are that far in the middle of nowhere. There is one 5 mile paved road nearby, but it's a beast. When I mapped out the elevation it's a gain of 1100 feet.

05/21/18 - 05/28/18
I set a goal at the beginning of the year to run 1000 miles in 2019. This week I reached 500 miles! I'm halfway there! I didn't need a treadmill at all this week. I'm slowly learning what works best for me to deal with the humidity. I've been sticking to the neighborhood and running 2-3 mile loops. I carry a cooling towel with me and after each loop I refresh it with cold water from the hose and chug some electrolytes. Not much excitement going on this week. I finally picked out lighting for my kitchen and installed over the weekend with DH. Still need to put in our tile backsplash, but I keep changing my mind on tile!!! DH also found out he has to go to India for work stuff next week. We got excited and thought that I would to tag along and extend the trip before & after until we got online to explore Bangalore and the surrounding area. Bangalore is the tech center of India and there is literally nothing to see or do there so I'm skipping this one. The Taj Mahal would have been cool to see, but it's in Northern India and it's a 24 hour drive there from Southern India. Plane tickets were $2K a piece for a 19 hour coach flight and adding on additional flights within India to go see and do stuff was making it way too expensive.

Monday - Rest Day!

Tuesday - I adjusted my paces by 4% since T+D was 142.

• 2mi WU + 4x[(150m @ 8:57 + 150m RI) + (150m @ 8:57 + 150m RI) + (300m @ 8:57 + 300m RI)] + 1mi CD
  • Splits: (8:42, 8:41, 8:45) + (8:39, 8:51, 8:52) + (8:35, 8:48, 8:47) + (8:33, 8:29, 8:38)
Wednesday -
  • 4 mi @ EA 12:36
  • Splits: 12:37, 12:28, 12:41, 12:36
Thursday -
  • 2 mi WU + 2x(1 mi @ 9:46 w/ 1 min RI) + 6x(150m @ 8:36 w/ 150 RI) + 1 mi CD
  • (9:49, 9:56) + (8:22, 8:24, 8:24, 8:29, 8:27, 8:29)
Friday - Rest Day

Saturday - Went to our town's BBQ festival and it was a waste of time. They moved the location, there was no music and there were just a handful of vendors. I liked it better last year.

• 6 mi @ EB 11:47 + Strides
  • Splits: 11:34, 11:33, 11:39, 11:36, 11:39, 10:30
Sunday - Pace was too fast. Trying to get my run in between rain storms.
  • 6 mi @ LR 11:24
  • Splits: 11:09, 10:52, 10:56, 10:51, 10:42, 10:35

Meal Plan for the Week - Lots of eating out due to a lot of time being spent at Disney & Universal.

• Monday - Indian Takeout after Animal Kingdom
  • Tuesday - Somewhere in Magic Kingdom
  • Wednesday - Tacos for the kids. I'll probably have eggs and some veggies.
  • Thursday - The Edison @ Disney Springs
  • Friday - Somewhere at Universal
  • Saturday - Spiced Pork Tenderloin with Apples, rice pilaf & a veggie
  • Sunday - Grilled Rib Eye Steaks, oven baked fries & salad
Books Read: 1

A 24 HOUR DRIVE?!?! Good gosh!

Great week! I'm so jealous that you are so close to Disney and can go anytime. I'll be back June 22nd though!

A 24 HOUR DRIVE?!?! Good gosh!

Great week! I'm so jealous that you are so close to Disney and can go anytime. I'll be back June 22nd though!

It’s good and bad being so close! We live about 45 minutes east of WDW. Thursday’s trip to Disney Springs is for a concert at House of Blues. My daughter is a huge Logan Paul & Team 10 fan so we bought tickets to go see them. She is meeting up with a friend at Universal on Friday. I haven’t met this girl yet and I don’t know the mom so I’m going too.

It’s good and bad being so close! We live about 45 minutes east of WDW. Thursday’s trip to Disney Springs is for a concert at House of Blues. My daughter is a huge Logan Paul & Team 10 fan so we bought tickets to go see them. She is meeting up with a friend at Universal on Friday. I haven’t met this girl yet and I don’t know the mom so I’m going too.

I haven't been to Universal in years. Maybe you'll be at Disney during one of my upcoming trips and we can meet live and in person! LOL.

OMG. Life. Craziness. I haven’t had much time for the DIS in the last week. I am so behind with everyone’s training journals and all the threads on the main board.

05/28/18 - 06/03/18
This week was insanely busy. Also dealing with some stress with our pool builder and had to let them know I consulted with an attorney over the situation. Repairs finally started over the weekend. We've been in our new house almost a year and I finally picked out new lighting for the kitchen. I did 90% of the installation myself!!! DH wanted to connect the wires so I let him. Next up is the pot filler over the stove, tile backsplash (if I can ever decide on a tile!) & crown moulding.

GqSzer8DTlirwxMknuVCvw.jpg

DH was supposed to go to India on Friday for work. Did you know you needed a visa to go there? Well, DH didn't check into it. I feel bad that I didn't mention it to him, but it would have been nice for the company his employer uses to book travel to let him know. Poor DH showed up for his flight on Friday and was denied his ticket because he had no visa. He wasn't terribly upset since where he was going was not very nice. The office in India is only a 1/2 mile from the hotel, but it's too dangerous to walk there. His co-worker told him he needed to hire a car service for his own safety. Um, yeah. I'm all sorts of happy he didn't go!​

Monday - Memorial Day! DH and I went to Animal Kingdom all by ourselves! We grabbed a Starbucks, walked the animal trails & rode the safari. The highlight of the day was the two gorilla brothers. One had a plastic bin and kept throwing it at the other one. It was comical how much they acted like my own kids....hehehehehe. We picked up Indian takeout on the way home.

O%i%4XyTR36oFU9Cy2dqRA.jpg

Tuesday - There are three ponds inside our neighborhood and two canals just outside of it. We get alligators all the time. For the most part they stay away, but there is one here now that has obviously been fed by humans. If it sees you it will swim right up to the shore and wait. It's against the law in FL to feed gators. This guy was out this morning. Brought DD to Magic Kingdom for the evening.

hTqYGbr3T8WV9OIxieJZYg.jpg

• 4 mi @ EB 11:47 + Strides
  • Splits: 11:47, 11:37, 11:33, 10:41
Wednesday - Woke up to heavy rain. I was supposed to do 150m & 300m repeats, but that was not happening today. I switched Wed & Thu workouts and used the treadmill at the gym.
  • 4 mi @ EA 12:36
  • Average pace: 12:31
Thursday - My DD loves Jake Paul & Team 10. So I bought her tickets to their concert at the House of Blues in Disney Springs. We had dinner at The Edison. I don't think we will be back. The restaurant is incredibly themed and I loved it, but the food was just awful. I ordered the strip steak cooked medium. It came out raw. There weren't even grill marks on the outside. I sent it back and they cooked it correctly that time, but it was so bland. It was literally a chunk of unseasoned meat on a plate. There wasn't even salt & pepper on it. HOB is standing room only with a few reserved seats on the 2nd floor. This momma was not going to be in a mosh pit of teenagers so I paid for seats. It was also a good thing we did that because people had started lining up at noon! It also started pouring around 6pm so all those people in line got soaked. Since we had loge seats we got to use a different entrance and had shelter from the rain. The concert itself honestly wasn't that bad and my DD had the time of her life. She got to give Jake Paul a high five after the show when he came out to sign a few autographs.

ZYTyEqq1ReSOw8o3Yndjzw.jpg

• 2 mi @ WU + (4x150m @ 8:36 w/ 150m RI) + (4x300m @ 8:36 w/300m RI) + (4x150m @ 8:36 w/ 150m RI) + 1 mi @ CD
  • (8:38, 8:53, 7:52, 8:51) + (8:40, 8:38, 8:39, 8:40) + (8:23, 8:34, 8:26, 8:24)
Friday - Gator was out sunning and I was able to get a pic of this bird before it flew away.

65XF1teTTdqFG1WtbYASQg.jpgfullsizeoutput_f5a.jpeg

Saturday - I've been sticking to the streets of my neighborhood, but really wanted to run around town today for a change of scenery. We have wild chickens that roam the streets of our town. I love them.

fullsizeoutput_f5f.jpeg fullsizeoutput_f62.jpeg
  • 7.5 mi @ EB 11:47 + Strides
  • Splits: 11:53, 11:36, 11:41, 11:43, 11:45, 11:47, 11:07, 11:36
Sunday - Woke up at 6am & checked the weather. The temp & dew point was already in the mid 150's and the humidity was something like 95%. I rolled over and went back to sleep. I went to the gym and used the treadmill. I figured out that the max time you can set it for is 90 minutes. Good to know in case I need to use it longer than that later on. I forgot to start my watch at the beginning of the run and then realized in the car on the way home I forgot to shut it off LOL!!!
  • 2 miles 11:24 + 1 miles 9:46 + 2 miles 11:24 + 1 miles 9:46 + 2 miles 11:24
  • Average pace: 11:02

Meal Plan for the Week -
  • Monday - Clean out the fridge night
  • Tuesday - Japanese curry & rice
  • Wednesday - Corned beef & cabbage
  • Thursday - burgers, corn on the cob & cucumbers
  • Friday - Breakfast - eggs, bacon, sausage & pancakes
  • Saturday - Dinner out somewhere
  • Sunday - Spaghetti & salad
Books Read: 5

I have been loving all of your animal pictures this week on Strava! The only things I ever see are bunnies and lizards and they are both too fast for me to get a good picture of usually.

I have been loving all of your animal pictures this week on Strava! The only things I ever see are bunnies and lizards and they are both too fast for me to get a good picture of usually.

One of my last runs in Florida, I saw a gator down by the lake. I thought it was a log or something, but then I got closer and saw it and #Noped the Hell right back where I came from.

Nature scares me. :rotfl2:

We have huge turtles that sun themselves, but they are FAST and get themselves right into the water before I can even get close. We have deer, turkeys and peacocks (yes, wild peacocks), but I've never seen them while out running except for that one deer that almost ran me over. I take pics of the alligators between the bars of a fence LOL!!!

I see more wildlife here than I ever did in the 37 years that I lived in Massachusetts. I'm only 30 minutes from downtown Orlando, but it's so rural where I am. I love all the wildlife, but I hate the bugs. Love bugs are grossest things ever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter