slo’s MONDAY 4/29 poll - Buying Clothes On Amazon 👚👖

Buying clothes on Amazon - Do you buy them & Who are they for? (m.c.)

• I buy clothes on Amazon often

Votes: 15 13.3%
  • I buy clothes on Amazon once in awhile

Votes: 38 33.6%
  • I buy clothes on Amazon rarely

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • I never buy clothes on Amazon

Votes: 26 23.0%
  • I buy women’s clothes

Votes: 52 46.0%
  • I buy men’s clothes

Votes: 34 30.1%
  • I buy children’s clothes

Votes: 15 13.3%
  • I buy for me

Votes: 56 49.6%
  • I buy for someone else

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 3 2.7%

• Total voters
It’s interesting reading different perspectives, I prefer to buy clothing online because it’s much easier to return items than go to a store and try items on, just print a label and drop it off locally. I also hate buying anything without reading reviews, lots of clothing can seem fine but doesn’t wash well. I also pay attention to fabric labels.

It’s interesting reading different perspectives, I prefer to buy clothing online because it’s much easier to return items than go to a store and try items on, just print a label and drop it off locally. I also hate buying anything without reading reviews, lots of clothing can seem fine but doesn’t wash well. I also pay attention to fabric labels.
It probably depends in part to how well someone can shop in stores. My husband while super tall has almost no issues purchasing pants online, it's the shirts he has an issue with because his arms are long, so is his torso (so he needs tall but not big).

With me I have to be super careful in store and often am trying on different sizes at the same time that buying online (especially Amazon with tens of thousands Asian made products not sized to U.S. as well) has a high rate of failure. I mean even at Costco I'm often buying 2 to 3 different sizes and then returning to the store. I would love to try on at Costco prior to purchasing to eliminate that issue but don't expect that from a warehouse place.

I recently went shopping for pants for our Europe trip. In store at JCP with 3 different brands I have pants that I bought that were XL (though I could have gotten away with a L but they didn't have that size), 2 other pants are a M. Pants bought at Walmart were M but a shirt I bought on the same trip at Walmart is a S when other shirts I have from Khol's are a L (tek gear brand) but then a Sonoma shirt I have from them is a M (and could have gotten away with a S but they didn't have that in the color I wanted).

It's a wasted effort to scour online for comments about fit, some items don't even have reviews (especially if not on Amazon), wait for shipping to come in, try it on and hope it fits or buy multiple sizes which is a hassle in itself so I just prefer vastly to instore shopping where it's just a fitting room then I'm done type thing.

I agree about some things not washing well but unless a ton of reviews online say "pilled after the first wash or so" or "fell apart at the first wash" you'd encounter the same potential issue in store. My fav pair of leggings are from Costco and they pilled the first time even after washing inside out like the directions said but after that first time it didn't and a mini fabric shaver took care of the issue largely.

I buy clothes on Amazon all the time. Returns are not a hassle. I shop at whole foods anyway and am there a couple of times a week. All I have to do is show my return code on my phone and hand over the item. Don't have to print anything, package anything, or make a trip anywhere I wasn't going already anyway. Plus it's free.

I’ve bought clothes for myself, late husband and my GrandGals - for mine and the girls - Amazon tends to run small unless it’s a national brand like Clark’s shoes or Hanes etc…I only bought national brands for my husband like Skechers and Levi.

I buy clothes from Amazon occasionally. I have had moderate luck -- but I don't have great luck in local stores either, so... And Amazon at least makes returns easy.

My 19-year old likes buying clothes from Amazon and has purchased quite a few things she's happy with.

I buy from them sometimes. It's always when I need something oddly specific like if I'm creating an outfit for work. For instance, I like to wear a black sweater vest over pants with a nice blouse underneath. I cannot find the type of vest I want in any store. But Amazon has it. Then I saw a red sweater combo with a white/black polka dot blouse underneath. I had the red sweater from the store, but couldn't find the specific blouse in the store. Amazon had it.

I only buy clothes online. The only thing I’ve bought in person in the last few years was the dress for my son’s wedding. I buy from Amazon, Kohl’s and Old Navy

I rarely buy clothes from Amazon. I think the only time I have were a pair of snow pants for my kids were younger and part of a costume. I did buy myself some Clark boots this year and luckily they fit.

I buy a lot of clothes on Amazon, mostly for myself but occasionally for other family members. I am currently shopping for dresses for a family wedding. I have 1 dress that I will wear to either the wedding or the rehearsal dinner. It came last week. I returned 7 others to Whole Foods on Thursday. I have 1 other that is a maybe. Two others arrived over the weekend that I did not like and I am waiting on 2 more. Hopefully one of these works. I also bought shoes that are perfect. I love Amazon. Next up are dresses for my daughters. They only need 1 dress each.

I find that for items like clothes or shoes you have to see them/try them on. Sizes seem all over the map and what fits from one company isn't the same size for another.

Timely post for me. I hardly ever order clothes on Amazon. I buy most from Marshall’s and TJ Maxx. However, I recently went to look for some sundresses on Amazon and happened to mention it to my daughter. She told me to look on SHEIN. I was shocked to find so many that were so cute and were like $10 and under each. The cheapest ones I saw on Amazon I liked were like $40. So I took a chance and ordered some. (Must measure carefully) They all fit and I think I got 4 dresses and two tops for under $40! I was so happy with them I ordered six more for another $35 and they also all fit.

My daughter just told me yesterday that she just read an article that American Eagle and Abercrombie use some of the same factories that SHEIN does so they are essentially the same clothes. Yes…I know….I don’t like the China labor issues either! That is a whole other issue. For the sake of this post I am sticking to the topic at hand about ordering from Amazon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter