Small event ideas for the 2019 DIS podcast week?

dkrauss

Goofy Fan from Jersey
Hi folks,

Hope I'm not out of line here but my wife and I are so excited about the August podcast event that I've been thinking of smaller events I'd like to see for the week. Here's a couple thoughts:

Magic Kingdom Snacks with Michaela, Steve, Kylie, and Craig: a short walking tour of the teams favorite snack locations. Add a discussion on which is better......the Citrus Swirl, Peter Pan Float, or the...."Dole Whip"

Shopping Tour @ Disney Springs with Teresa and Kevin: Teresa and Kevin take a group on a tour of their choices for the best shopping in Disney Springs.

Photography tour at WDW with Kathy Werling and/or Pete: Tour selected parks with Kathy and/or Pete and get there ideas on taking photos at WDW.

WDW for families with Julie and Jackie: a walk and talk tour where Julie and Jackie talk about the challenges and joys of family touring at WDW.

DIS events: reminiscing with Pete & John: A discussion, touching on the events that have been sponsored by the DIS and the issues and favorite memories of each.

The best beer/wine/alcohol at the Baseline Tap House with Ryno, Craig, and Corey: A sampling/discussion of the teams favorite beers at this location. (May modify it to include wine lovers)

Some of these may not be that great but their just ideas. I also apologize if I left and DIS folks out. My personal favorite is the Baseline Tap House idea....the thought of having a drink with Ryno, Craig, and Corey sounds like a great time to me :D

So let me know what you think? What ideas do you have?

Doug :goofy:

Last edited:
In the past they have done smaller events surrounding the big one. They will announce those much closer to the event. Last time we also had smaller unofficial events throughout WDW.

having a drink with Ryno, Craig, and Corey sounds like a great time to me
I'm quite sure there will be at least one event that involves drinking with some of the team. Last time, there was a drink around the world in Epcot with Corey and Julie and another in Disney Springs.

For the DIS 20th, some of the Disneyland members and friends hung out at Jellyrolls one evening. We also had an unofficial meet up outside of One Man's Dream. Then Michael was almost arrested by the Storm Troopers.

I’m travelling solo, so I’m looking forward to all the mini events As I want to meet as many Dissers as possible, before the big party.

The team all have such a wealth of knowledge about the parks, so some sort of walking tour would be fab.

Also definitely want to do a drinking thing.

I was hoping for another drinking round the world as that looked fun on the Vlogs they did .

Although 11 drinks in August in Florida, might not be the best idea - but hey you never know until you try lol :crazy:

Although 11 drinks in August in Florida, might not be the best idea - but hey you never know until you try lol :crazy:
Last time we did it, I don't think anybody actually had a drink in all 11 countries. In fact, we pretty much skipped a couple of the countries where I think Corey wasn't a fan of anything special there.

I’m travelling solo, so I’m looking forward to all the mini events As I want to meet as many Dissers as possible, before the big party.

The team all have such a wealth of knowledge about the parks, so some sort of walking tour would be fab.

Also definitely want to do a drinking thing.

I was hoping for another drinking round the world as that looked fun on the Vlogs they did .

I know in the past Micheal and Craig did a Connecting with Walt meet-up on Main Street and did a walking tour - I would suspect they may do something similar again (I know they are doing a meet up this November for D23)

I am sure there will be something involving drinking - being it in World Showcase or Disney Springs or elsewhere

Looking like we will be going sans kids so definitely looking forward to more of the "night time" activities than we were able to do for the 10th event when we had the kids with us

Looking like we will be going sans kids so definitely looking forward to more of the "night time" activities than we were able to do for the 10th event when we had the kids with us
Our "kid" is now an adult so if she does join us, she'll be able to fully participate. Last time, we did the Drink Around the World and it was just over a month before she turned 21. She still had fun but didn't get to partake in any of the alcohol, not that she's much of a drinker anyway but it was kind of a bummer that she couldn't even taste anything.

Our "kid" is now an adult so if she does join us, she'll be able to fully participate. Last time, we did the Drink Around the World and it was just over a month before she turned 21. She still had fun but didn't get to partake in any of the alcohol, not that she's much of a drinker anyway but it was kind of a bummer that she couldn't even taste anything.

Definitely want to be careful with that - we went to Disney (well, Pleasure Island) on spring break once and one of the guys in our group let a girl that was with us have some of his drink (he was 21, she wasn't) and got caught and was kicked out

On the plus side we got to rag on him afterwards about being kicked out of Disney World, which was fun

Definitely want to be careful with that - we went to Disney (well, Pleasure Island) on spring break once and one of the guys in our group let a girl that was with us have some of his drink (he was 21, she wasn't) and got caught and was kicked out

On the plus side we got to rag on him afterwards about being kicked out of Disney World, which was fun
We absolutely wouldn't have allowed her to have anything, and she wouldn't have taken it. We're all really strict that way.

I miss Pleasure Island (and the Fun Meister). And I don't even drink anymore. But just to absorb the vibe, while still feeling safe, shoot pool at the Rock 'n Roll Beach Club, of course a short (for me) stint at the AC, listen to some tunes at 8 Trax, watch people controt their bodies to the music at Manniquins, maybe a short stint at BET (if no rap playing!), and DEFINITELY a LONG time at the Jazz Club, especially if CitiHeat or Toxic Audio were performing. And of course several shows at the Comedy Club. All capped off by something "not good for me" to eat at the Fireworks Factory. :) Sigh.

Last edited:
Last time we did it, I don't think anybody actually had a drink in all 11 countries. In fact, we pretty much skipped a couple of the countries where I think Corey wasn't a fan of anything special there

Totally shocked :eek: I trusted them
and their vlog, :sad::sad::sad: that’s it magic ruined!!! :p

Totally shocked :eek: I trusted them
and their vlog, :sad::sad::sad: that’s it magic ruined!!! :p

Well, pretty sure in the vlog they did years ago (just the team - I think it was Corey and Shaun, not from an event) they did take a drink at each stop - so it has been done!

I miss Pleasure Island (and the Fun Meister). And I don't even drink anymore. But just to absorb the vibe, while still feeling safe, shoot pool at the Rock 'n Roll Beach Club, of course a short (for me) stint at the AC, listen to some tunes at 8 Trax, watch people controt their bodies to the music at Manniquins, maybe a short stint at BET (if no rap playing!), and DEFINITELY a LONG time at the Jazz Club, especially if CitiHeat or Toxic Audio were performing. And of course several shows at the Comedy Club. All capped off by something "not good for me" to eat at the Fireworks Factory. :) Sigh.

Oh the memories! You’ve got me laughing thinking about those times. Then 8-Trax turned into the Cage ...remember that? Strange place. You left out the Neon Armadillo ...had a friend bang down a dozen Jell-O shots then they asked us to leave. Probably a good decision on their part.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter