Smuggler's Cove

heynowirv

DIS Veteran
We're going in April 19-22 to be exact. My Daughter's boyfriend has never been and is very excited about everything Star War's.Any hints on how to get into Sc an Rise Of The Resistance in the same day?,, Silly question maybe but any help would be appreciated.

Do you mean Smuggler's Run? You can get a FP+ for MFSR and join a boarding group for ROTR (if they are still doing boarding groups then). It's possible they will have FP+ or ROTR too by then.

If you can't get FP+, you can either rope drop or get in line right before the park closes. The latter is the best way to avoid a super long wait. For example, we got in line for FOP (in AK) five minutes before park closing and waiting less than an hour.

Yes Smuggler's Run.Our first day is a 8 AM rope drop with 8-9 EMH .I'm hoping since we can't check in till later in the day at OKW we can still use our MB for parking and spending the morning @ DHS ,checking in a little after lunch and heading back to DHS afterwards.

I got a FP for Smugglers Run, and expect to get to DHS at opening that day to try to get a boarding number for ROR. I don’t know what more we can do! pixiedust:

Yes Smuggler's Run.Our first day is a 8 AM rope drop with 8-9 EMH .I'm hoping since we can't check in till later in the day at OKW we can still use our MB for parking and spending the morning @ DHS ,checking in a little after lunch and heading back to DHS afterwards.

My husband and boys rope-dropped twice at HS this week and they walked right onto Smuggler’s Run (after securing their BG for ROTR)... the masses all raced to Slinky Dog (since that’s harder to get on later in the day than Smugglers is). Things could change by April, but I’m guessing Slinky will continue to outperform Smugglers... but I digress. 😉

Like the previous poster mentioned, you can now reserve FP for Smugglers 👍🏻

Does anyone know if we'll have a problem with free parking since we won't be "officially" checked in till later that day?

I got a FP for Smugglers Run, and expect to get to DHS at opening that day to try to get a boarding number for ROR. I don’t know what more we can do! pixiedust:
Sounds like you have everything covered Bobbie.Do you have any clue if we'll have a problem with curtesy parking since we can't "officially" check in till later that day?

Opening time will probably be anticipared to 7am at least a few days before. Until now it has always happened. This means you'll have to be at the studios by 6:30 to be able to go through security be in the park before 7am. At 7am sharp everyone should open the Disney app and try and join a boarding group. That's the only way to ride Rise of the Resistance.
If you arrive later you may get only a backup group or no group at all (often they finish boarding groups distribution within an hour from park opening).

Smugglers run is not an issue. Just may have to wait.
RoR is the trick - there is NO stand by queue. If you do not get a boarding group, and most blogs have those as being all gone within minutes of the park opening - you arent riding that day
Try to make a FP for Smuggler's Run, if not, just wait.
Have a "ring leader" ready with their phone in the MDE app who has everyone in their friends and family list. Everyone must be TAPPED INTO the park (magic bands scanned). Once the park opens, its off the the races with MDE.

My question here is, should everyone in the group be trying at that time? I would think so, and it will just say you are already in a boarding group if someone else is successful.

I would be at the entrance AT LEAST 30 minutes prior to park opening. If you are not in HS at it's official opening time, you are cooked.

I would also try to do this on day 1 of your trip. That way, if you do not get into a boarding group, you can try on day 2.

Once you get into a boarding group you will get a push notification when your group is called, at which point you have 1 Hour (it was 2, but I think they changed it) to get to RoR. You do not have to be in the park for that. Just be able to get there in an hour. You can keep an eye on the current boarding group, and if they are calling up to group 17 and you are in 20, you can start heading back to HS if you are worried about making it in an hour.

You literally only have to be in HS for 10 minutes to try to get into a boarding group. Thats why I say try it day 1. If it doesnt work, try on day 2. You will be able to leave the park such that it wont ruin your plans, worst case you get called mid day and have to skip a FP at another park to get to RoR.

NOTE: this is advice based on my experience and how the process has changed. I was there 12/6 and 12/7. They let people into the park early, and you did not have to wait for official park opening to join a boarding group, once you were in the park you could join. I was in the park before 6:30 both days.

Sounds like you have everything covered Bobbie.Do you have any clue if we'll have a problem with curtesy parking since we can't "officially" check in till later that day?
I do not think there will be any problem.

Smugglers run is not an issue. Just may have to wait.
RoR is the trick - there is NO stand by queue. If you do not get a boarding group, and most blogs have those as being all gone within minutes of the park opening - you arent riding that day
Try to make a FP for Smuggler's Run, if not, just wait.
Have a "ring leader" ready with their phone in the MDE app who has everyone in their friends and family list. Everyone must be TAPPED INTO the park (magic bands scanned). Once the park opens, its off the the races with MDE.

My question here is, should everyone in the group be trying at that time? I would think so, and it will just say you are already in a boarding group if someone else is successful.

I would be at the entrance AT LEAST 30 minutes prior to park opening. If you are not in HS at it's official opening time, you are cooked.

I would also try to do this on day 1 of your trip. That way, if you do not get into a boarding group, you can try on day 2.

Once you get into a boarding group you will get a push notification when your group is called, at which point you have 1 Hour (it was 2, but I think they changed it) to get to RoR. You do not have to be in the park for that. Just be able to get there in an hour. You can keep an eye on the current boarding group, and if they are calling up to group 17 and you are in 20, you can start heading back to HS if you are worried about making it in an hour.

You literally only have to be in HS for 10 minutes to try to get into a boarding group. Thats why I say try it day 1. If it doesnt work, try on day 2. You will be able to leave the park such that it wont ruin your plans, worst case you get called mid day and have to skip a FP at another park to get to RoR.

NOTE: this is advice based on my experience and how the process has changed. I was there 12/6 and 12/7. They let people into the park early, and you did not have to wait for official park opening to join a boarding group, once you were in the park you could join. I was in the park before 6:30 both days.
Plus this only works if you have AP or hopper tickets.

We rode ROR during the week of New Years...busy, busy, busy. Made sure we were there early enough to get through bag check and tapped into the park with our magic bands. Once the official open time hit, no one was running to Star Wars Land but rather on their phones trying to secure a boarding pass. We were able to get one and rode by 0930 with a 0600 park opening. Have the App opened and ready to go a few minutes before official park opening. Hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!