Smuggler's Run FP+ & Change to FP+ tiers

You don’t miss the actual pre show for falcon in the fp line. The pre show is at the merge. And you can see into a good chunk of the regular queue from the fp queue. It’s theming that you miss in the fp line not the actual pre show.

What about for Rise of Resistance? Will probably be much much much longer for that to get Fastpass (if it ever does). I've got to assume the fastpass line they built into that skips a lot since so much of the line for that ride is pre-show.

What about for Rise of Resistance? Will probably be much much much longer for that to get Fastpass (if it ever does). I've got to assume the fastpass line they built into that skips a lot since so much of the line for that ride is pre-show.
Doesn’t skip any pre shows but you bypass the entire queue which has some stuff to look at as well as the play app game. But when talking queues, the FoP queue is way better in my opinion than ROTR’s standby queue.

I have always thought it was a bit ridiculous to allow the 60 day window guests to book ALL of the FPs for an attraction. It's one thing to give them first bite, but the only bite? They should hold back some availability until the 30 day window, even like 25%. I do realize of course the need to cater to onsite guests - the biggest problem is simply too much demand and not enough bandwidth.
This .. SDD was already next to impossible to get unless you have a 5-6 day resort stay. For someone who goes to WDW often, but for shorter stays (3-4 park days, 4-5 nights) trying to get the high demand FPs is next to impossible even when logging in at the first minute of your 60-day window. I just shortened my onsite stay for June trip to 4 nights to save some money by staying offsite (via a timeshare presentation perk) .. and I feel my chances of getting any of the high demand FPs will be next to impossible - FOD, MFSR, SDD, etc.

I do like the fact that maybe you can get Alien Swirling and TSMM FPs on the same day now.

They won't do FP for RotR until its running consistently for a while. We should see it move on from Boarding Groups though with a period of standby only.

This .. SDD was already next to impossible to get unless you have a 5-6 day resort stay. For someone who goes to WDW often, but for shorter stays (4-5 nights) trying to get the high demand FPs is next to impossible even when logging in at the first minute of your 60-day window.

I do like the fact that maybe you can get Alien Swirling and TSMM FPs on the same day now.

Oh, I know. I do shorter stays, and it is ridiculous that I couldn't get those, even jumping on right at the moment you can book. The demand is actually kind of outrageous. They need to overhaul the system entirely - see Disneyland for how to do it right.

I am not surprised they are adding FP for Falcon. The line moves really well and its been incredibly efficient for a while now.
It moves really well because aside from ride malfunctions there's no stoppage really on the line itself. With FP there will be stoppage now. That said I'll attempt to be optimistic that the SB line doesn't slow down too much after FP is added; it's a wait and see over time kind of thing anyways :)

Oh, I know. I do shorter stays, and it is ridiculous that I couldn't get those, even jumping on right at the moment you can book. The demand is actually kind of outrageous. They need to overhaul the system entirely - see Disneyland for how to do it right.
Right .. I am regretting now shortening my onsite stay in June (from 5 nights to 4 nights). It is getting so bad it may be worth it to just get a throwaway campsite on the front end of the trip to help get those high demand FPs.

SR Fastpass . interesting.
I wonder why they felt the need to add it . .AND to add it in under 60 days? Why not switch it to FP in like 61 days or something?

Makes me sad .. having it without FP seemed nice .. low general waits will now be inflated to what? 90+ minutes now? Any guesses?

What happens when you simply cannot get a Tier1 Fastpass? Just get 3 Tier 2 ones? It is conveivable that both SDD and MFSR wont be available even at the 60 day mark for shorter stays?

3 tier 2s happens at AK sometimes.

I imagine at 60 days for shorter stays MFSR will be okay (maybe dicier for people who cannot use 60 days), and I speculate that it won’t be too long before MMRR joins the two of them in tier 1.

FP+ inflated the standby waits at many attractions when it was initially added. I remember graphs showing how it raised wait times at mid tier rides, spreading crowds more evenly. I’m not surprised MFSR has it now, truthfully most attractions would see shorter stand by waits without it, many falling into a much more reasonable spot than they are now. It wouldn’t make sense to keep an attraction off the system long term with no other reason (like ROTR has).

It moves really well because aside from ride malfunctions there's no stoppage really on the line itself. With FP there will be stoppage now. That said I'll attempt to be optimistic that the SB line doesn't slow down too much after FP is added; it's a wait and see over time kind of thing anyways :)
Of course but at the same time nobody should be surprised by this move. Standby waits will increase a bit but it still has a single rider too. Either way it is still where it needs to be operating and should do well with FP unlike some other attractions on property that weren't built with FP in mine.

SR Fastpass . interesting.
I wonder why they felt the need to add it . .AND to add it in under 60 days? Why not switch it to FP in like 61 days or something?

Makes me sad .. having it without FP seemed nice .. low general waits will now be inflated to what? 90+ minutes now? Any guesses?

What happens when you simply cannot get a Tier1 Fastpass? Just get 3 Tier 2 ones? It is conveivable that both SDD and MFSR wont be available even at the 60 day mark for shorter stays?
I'll be surprised if in a month there are still only two rides under Tier 1 in HS.

Well I did say opportunity, not guarantee.

...and that brings up what another poster said about staying onsite for a week. Those people will have the better chance.
A person had the opportunity regardless they just chose not to.

Now their chances are even less likely because they've placed a 30min time limit (per your comments) AND they have to fight like tooth and nails to get that FP that will now be quite coveted. Your chance of riding the ride was likely greater prior to FP being added if you were more on the time sensitive side.

Of course but at the same time nobody should be surprised by this move. Standby waits will increase a bit but it still has a single rider too. Either way it is still where it needs to be operating and should do well with FP unlike some other attractions on property that weren't built with FP in mine.
True but I didn't say I was surprised :)

I was responding to your the line runs smoothly..it runs smoothly because there's no hold point yet with SB, there will be a hold point now with FP both for the FP side and for the SB side. What will be the catch is the length of time they hold each side every time they stop the line because it will add up for those remaining in the line. Who knows maybe they will be really good at stopping the line where it won't compound much--that would be awesome really!

People only have the “opportunity” to prebook a Smuggler Run fp if they live far enough that they need a hotel, and they are rich enough to be able to afford the long on-site stay required to book one before they are gone. I suspect long-term it’ll be like SDD: frequently gone around 70 days, and never there at 60 days so locals who splurge for one night still don’t have a chance.
I meant they had the opportunity to ride prior to FP being introduced but they chose not to because the wait was at a time amount they didn't personally want to wait for.

But your point about how many days out it's available yeah I could totally see that. I haven't been to WDW since Sep 2017 but I went through that with FOP as I had easy pickins' when I booked for the last of our WDW park days which I felt was probably far enough out that the availability was good. I saw the posts on how difficult it was for FOP at that time with shorter stays. I didn't follow much with SDD but I believe ya on that.

I think this can work. It will actually help SDD availability because a segment of 60+ folks will choose SR instead. It will make the SR standby line longer though.

AK has just 2 Tier 1's as well, and they both don't run out immediately.

MMRR might be a virtual queue too, with guests needing to choose between RoR and MMRR. We'll know soon!

I think this can work. It will actually help SDD availability because a segment of 60+ folks will choose SR instead. It will make the SR standby line longer though.

AK has just 2 Tier 1's as well, and they both don't run out immediately.

MMRR might be a virtual queue too, with guests needing to choose between RoR and MMRR. We'll know soon!
Exactly. I don't think we'll ever choose SDD again.

Exactly. I don't think we'll ever choose SDD again.
I think people will choose their priority and possibly do the other ride park open/close, or do 2 days at HS and pick one of each.

That's what makes me wonder about MMRR/RoR. If they decide you have to choose a VQ and there's no standby, that basically locks out anybody from doing both in 1 day. I could see that making many guests unhappy.

But when talking queues, the FoP queue is way better in my opinion than ROTR’s standby queue.

I'd say this depends on what you consider part of the queue. Technically all the preshow is still queue, as you're still waiting to get on the ride, and if the preshow didn't exist, it would just be a longer queue line. The elements before the preshow, Avatar is better. Though I do hate how long it seems you wait in the final hallway ala Soarin'. When you compare the total package, an hour total experience time for RotR is much more enjoyable than an hour total experience time (which is still extremely rare to find a wait that short) for FoP IMO.

I'd say this depends on what you consider part of the queue. Technically all the preshow is still queue, as you're still waiting to get on the ride, and if the preshow didn't exist, it would just be a longer queue line. The elements before the preshow, Avatar is better. Though I do hate how long it seems you wait in the final hallway ala Soarin'. When you compare the total package, an hour total experience time for RotR is much more enjoyable than an hour total experience time (which is still extremely rare to find a wait that short) for FoP IMO.
I don’t count once you hit merge at ROTR as queue anymore. That’s where the ride experience starts in my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!