Snacks on dining plan

Rai's Mommy

Mouseketeer
I am interested in getting feedback on what people who have used the dining plan before think is the best use of their snack points. :banana: What snacks would you suggest that are covered by the dining plan? I read that they would have symbols next to snacks that were included on the carts, etc., but I can't wait until then for the info - it's driving me crazy! For example, have you been able to get soft serve ice-cream places or just the novelty ice-creams??

I was just about to post something along this line as well. I read in the CS money worth thread that there is a snack truck outside LMA in MGM that lets you use snack credits for chinese dumplings. My family loves dumplings and might enjoy this instead of the "usual" snacks you can get on the plan. It is nice to know things like this ahead of time to best utilize the plan.

At the parks I found that I could only use the credits for the items marked as part of the DDP, the novelty ice creams, popcorn, sodas or water. At the resort, I was able to get a rice krispy treat and cookies even though they're not technically part of the plan.

In the parks it can be tough with the snacks, we found ourselves using the snacks in the Pop food court. They make incredible chocolate cookies fresh each day............ mmmm.

Thanks! Anybody else??? Any luck with soft serve anywhere or will I need to cough up some cash for this?

Mostly I read that for ice cream novelties its if its wrapped (frozen banannas and that itzakaddodle popscicle thing, along with Mickey bars.. ) and of course popcorn and water and sodas - think around $2...

Now if you go during Food and Wine fest in Oct in Epcot many of the carts there the menus also include a little dp sign indicating snack credits can be used -

Seems to me I read something about the Mickey bakery accepting credits?

Good luck, no worries, just have fun!!

I'm also interested in this topic. I'll be in Disney next week and I've been making a list of the best CS places, but I haven't gotten too much info on snacks other than the standard.

One place that I read about was a cart outside of "Lights, Motor, Action" in MGM which sells steamed chicken and pork dumplings for a snack credit.

formernyer:
I'd really appreciate it if you would report back after your trip if the full scoop on snacks doesn't post before then :sunny: (especially about the dumplings - I love these :thumbsup2 ).

Have a fun trip! :cheer2:

We just got back and at the parks I didn't find that we could get anything but ice cream snacks from the cart vendors, cokes/water, and popcorn. Nowhere did they allow you to buy items like pretzels with the dining plan and items like root beer or pineapple floats (next to the Tikki Room) were allowed either. And on Main Street in the ice cream parlor, nothing appeared to be covered by the dining plan either.

So we limited our "snacks" to the occasional box of popcorn and for water/soft drinks. We only bought bottled drinks - more beverage for the buck. It's funny... on the dining plan you can have a $40-$50 meal, but if you want a soft drink in a cup - they limit you to the small size, i.e. the highest margin product in the parks (soft drinks from a tap) are the ones they limit you on.

In Feb., we were able to use the snack points at most snack carts for bags of chips, large bottle of water, box of popcorn, novelty ice cream bars, Dove ice cream bars, etc. They are clearly marked on the price board. The food court at Pop offered more options but were clear about what would be accepted and what would not. If unclear, ask the CM. I saw many people who thought items, such as nachos with cheese would be considered a snack and it was not so they had to pay cash. I saw many people using DDP for Mickey rice krispies treats and cookies with it but Chip n Dale pretzels were not included.

We just had our first experience with the DDP and found it mostly to be a good experience. We think we saved over $200 by using it. And it's very nice to have it paid up front and include gratuity. In most places it was easy to use. TS places were the easiest. CS was easy after the first day, and we felt most limited with the snacks in the parks. The kids really enjoyed it on of our last nights when we bought popcorn with it. The small popcorn boxes of course!!

Is there any place to use the snack credits in Downtown Disney, DisneyQuest, Winter-Summerland, or Typhoon Lagoon? How about the food court at All-Star Movies? Thanks.

Here's a listing of all the places to eat/snack:

I can't post URL's (strange rule for this board). So go to the Disney website and type "dining plan" into their search engine. There is a PDF file available that shows all the restaurants, counter services, snack places for the dining plan.

Again - very strange rule about not being able to post web addresses.

Hey neighbor- thanks for the link! Terrific info on the dining plan!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter