snakes/scorpions

REEREEG

Mouseketeer
This sounds like a silly question but has anyone seen snakes or scorpions on their Italy trip or elsewhere?

I had my heart set on one of the Italy trips but read that people encounter snakes in the water & scorpions in bed and I panicked.

I have a little phobia...

I have never heard of anyone we have traveled with in the past to Italy of seeing or even hearing about snakes or scorpions.

Just got back from Italy with ABD and never saw a snake or a scorpion.

No snakes or scorpions, but we did have a small lizard in our room in Venice.

My mother was born in Italy and I have been to Italy probably 30 times over the years (all parts of the country except Sardinia). I have never seen a snake, but have seen a scorpion on two occasions. Both times where no where near a house or my bed. I honestly would not worry about this at all. Especially on an ABD, you are not going to stay anywhere near anything that "wild."

Last edited:
My mother was born in Italy and I been to Italy probably 30 times over the years (all parts of the country except Sardinia). I have never seen a snake, but have seen a scorpion on two occasions. Both times where no where near a house or my bed. I honestly would not worry about this at all. Especially on an ABD, you are not going to stay anywhere near anything that "wild."

Wasn't St. Patrick originally from Italy? Maybe St. Patrick drove all the snakes out of Italy before he left for Ireland. lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter