Snow and Disney.....Reservations

Well, need to get the snowblower ready. Gas, check, Extension cord to start it, check. Snow shovel, check. They are currently predicting a blizzard for Tuesday. We will see, I much rather the warmer temps we had been having. If we get that much snow, maybe they will cancel work.
Need to plan meals for the Disney trip and decide what ADR's we want to book. Then it will be time to do some camping trips locally this summer with me having weekends off again.
We have put the 5th wheel purchase on an indefinite hold. Purchasing a house this year threw our budgeting out of whack. So need some time to get back ahead, then we will again look for a 5th wheel. Well out to the frozen outdoors and the garage to prep for the impending (according to the weatherman) snowmageddon !!

What Blizzard? Work still expects me to be in even though none of our customers will be in. Also the theory is the out of the area customers may call in and no one will be there to answer the phones.

You two enjoy the white stuff.

Well, need to get the snowblower ready. Gas, check, Extension cord to start it, check. Snow shovel, check.
St Louis typically gets 15-20 inches of snow a year. I bought a new snowblower last fall when our Sears Hardware was going out of business. I put oil in it, but still haven't started it. I think we officially have 1.4 inches this winter, but most of that melted when it came down.

What Blizzard? Work still expects me to be in even though none of our customers will be in.
I work in healthcare, so we have to be there too. But I'm in administration for the operating rooms and most of our same day surgery doesn't show up either, so we have way too many people working for the handful of in house cases.

j

What Blizzard? Work still expects me to be in even though none of our customers will be in. Also the theory is the out of the area customers may call in and no one will be there to answer the phones.

We will see, this is our first big storm after our move. Used to being up in the Pocono's where we would have more snow than everyone else, due to elevation. Now down here around Harrisburg, warmer and not nearly as much snow. So we will see, I will be coming home after the snow is supposed to start, then it will be mid day tuesday before I have to be back. So we will see how Penndot is doing with the roads. Work may close, as the tractor trailers may not be able to reach us, or leave. Everyone that is in the storm path, stay safe, be careful.

Heck we should have a gathering over at Knoebels one weekend. We try to go at least twice a year.
That sounds like an awesome Idea. We love Knoebels.... DW is a bit worried though. Our last TT was only 27' this one is about 10 feet longer (overall) then the other one. She is worried about how "Tight" things are there at Their campground. We only stayed at Knoebels campground once though. Other times we stayed at J&D's down the road. It's a nice campground (level) and has plenty of room. As I recall they also have some pull through spots (although we didn't have one). We haven't been to them either with the new TT so we will see what the season holds.

Even if we don't camp, Knoebels for us is a short drive (a little over an hour) so we can just make a day trip of it (and try to do that frequently).

Well out to the frozen outdoors and the garage to prep for the impending (according to the weatherman) snowmageddon !!
I hear you on this.... For me the Snow typically just means extra work (at home) in clearing it. I don't mind driving in the snow except I do get easily annoyed with people who are afraid to drive in it and still do so anyway. Those that do 5-10 MPH on a road when everyone else wants to do 35-40 (and the roads can handle it if you go that speed safely too.)

Thankfully I only work about 8 miles away from home. It just sucks when it takes me 30 minutes to go that distance. Worse yet, is I just started a new job (Well same place, just no longer a contractor for them, but an actual employee), so NO time off (other than sick time) for the first 90 days (Probation period).

They are calling from 8 to 20 inches through out the area hear (last I heard), but I don't believe ANY of them.... I believe it when I see it (and I am not even from Missouri - the "Show Me" State!) :)

From what I can tell, some of you are really in for it! 'The' storm of the winter! Feel your pain - sorta o_O - very thankful being a southern gal :D Stay warm and safe! :flower3:

Our "blanketing of snow" (according to the news people) amounted to about an inch in the grass. Road temps were way too warm for it to do much on the streets, but that didn't stop every TV channel trying to make something out of the traffic driving the speed limit. All the way to work (30 miles) the car said it was 33-35 degrees, so everything should be gone when I leave work.

Everybody out east that may actually get something, have fun and stay safe.

j

Well never figured I would be putting sandbags in the truck bed before a snow storm, in March. I had removed them after moving down here, get a quick inch to five down here, but doesn't stick around. This storm the remnants may stay around for a day or two or three....quick melt of a lot of snow then creates another problem, flooding. So it can melt slow. Well off to work i go, will update tomorrow from the middle of the snow storm ?? Maybe, we will see.

12 to 18 inches is what they are calling for here in NW VT. starting around noon Tuesday and ending Wednesday evening. Maybe I should have extended my stay while at the Fort, maybe an extra 2 - 3 months.

In the Bullseye. We are predicted 20-24 plus inches. Schools are closed in the area including NYC. I got the day off tomorrow so it will be snow blower time.

Well got home from work, none of the roads plowed. We have about 3 inches so far and still falling. See what the weather does over night. They insist they are not closing work, which is funny since none of our freight haulers (18 wheelers) can get thru this crap. But oh well. Guess it will be sun up and snowblower out.

Went into work this morning about an 1 hr. south of here and the roads where bare, no snow. At about 9 am the snow started. Got a text from the boss to get any equipment out of our trucks and into the garage. The drive back to the shop was a different story, icy and snow packed. Got equipment put away and headed home. Coming down at a good rate now. Will wait till later to snowblow.

Two hours of snowblowing, driveway clear off to work in a few. Here is my baby wishing she was at the Fort.

20170314_123242_resized.jpg

13 inches of snow. It has stopped. But for this area that is a pretty big snowfall. Up to the Northeast they are dealing with 20 plus inches.

Snowblowed the driveway once already, doesn't look it 'cause the wind is blowing so hard. 15 -20 mph. Still snowing.

We had the 3rd highest snowfall in history for our area, and well, employer said we are not closing. Had 5 out of 25 show for 3rd shift, 5 of 40 for 1st shift and 10 of 40 for 2nd shift. So not much got done anyway. Not sure it was really worth staying open. Roads are ok, today, some blowing snow in spots, where there are open farm fields. Were some slick spots last night after everything refroze. Today only 20 with windchill of 0, so nothing melting today. Getting closer to making ADR's.

Snow is just about done falling. Weather service reports that the town I live in got 19 inches, and Burlington VT got 24 inches. With the blowing snow it seems like a lot more.

057copy.jpg 058 copy.jpg 060 copy.jpg

Well we broke a record here in NEPA. Most Snowfall in a single day for the area. Old record was 18.7 inches. New record was just over 20 inches.
Grand total snowfall for many in this area was near 30 inches from this one storm. We had (at our homestead) by the end of it over 2 feet of snow. I made 4 trips out with the Snow blower and it jammed 3 times. When I finally put it up Wednesday Night, it was blowing Sparks (literally) out the chute. I suspect a piece of gravel is trapped behind the stage 2 impeller but haven't been able to get to it yet. What's worse is that we are still figuring out what to do with the piles of snow now, and we are expecting another storm tonight into tomorrow AM of upwards of 3 to 5 inches. :dogdance: (just kidding of course :duck:)

Time for :sunny: just not too much. If it melts to fast then we have to worry about flooding. Susquehanna River is already higher as it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!