Snow and Disney.....Reservations

Time for :sunny: just not too much. If it melts to fast then we have to worry about flooding.

We had this problem before we headed down to the Fort in March. Lots of snow when we left, then a warm up and rain. Our basement flooded, I need to fix the walls as that is where all the water was coming in at, luckily one of my daughters and her husband where staying at our place to take care of the animals, so they got to deal with it. The only thing with fixing the walls is that it is a finished basement so I have to gut the entire thing, fix it and then put it back together. We have 3 bedrooms down in the basement plus the laundry room, not much area to put things until the car can come out of the garage so we can use that for storage. The weather here is warming up so hopefully it will be a slow melt and not flood again. We have everything up off the floor so nothing gets damaged.

Well 4 days and it will be time to start making ADR's. Have a couple places we would like to eat at during our trip. Have my spreadsheet made up listing parks, ADR's and Fast Passes. Most planning will be done and then it will be time to relax for awhile and get work done on the house. Hopefully get around to installing a RV outlet outside for the trailer and get the pad for the trailer down.

So the hunt for a 5th wheel is kinda back on. We will be going to look at one this weekend, maybe two. First on will be a Sandpiper 379 FLOK, the next would be the Chapparal with the Front Living room. We will see. Still need to get gravel down for pad either way, and priced out electrical wire for RV outlet.

First on will be a Sandpiper 379 FLOK, the next would be the Chapparal with the Front Living room.
Both great trailers. We strongly considered both, but went with the Chaparral due to price, colors and overall utility (how we would use it) in the mid-bunks.

Have fun.

j

Chris,

Have you and the misses thought about the auction place on 81? They seem to have a number of RVs on the lot when I drive pass for work and rec. If know the price you are willing to pay and can do the work, this might be a great way to get something for a better price than a dealer lot. If or when the wife and I think about upgrading, we would consider this route. Also toss a Grand Designs model on the list. I have been in their trailers. For the amount you pay for the a 5'er, they seem to be really well built. The price tag reflects it too. $$$$!!! However the last time the wife and I went to Hershey's RV show, many models of trailer didn't impress me as many felt too flimsy and looked somewhat gaudy in construction. Since there are only a handful of companies that manufacturer the trailers, many models all look the same (i.e. floor plans)

Chris,

Have you and the misses thought about the auction place on 81? They seem to have a number of RVs on the lot when I drive pass for work and rec. If know the price you are willing to pay and can do the work, this might be a great way to get something for a better price than a dealer lot. If or when the wife and I think about upgrading, we would consider this route. Also toss a Grand Designs model on the list. I have been in their trailers. For the amount you pay for the a 5'er, they seem to be really well built. The price tag reflects it too. $$$$!!! However the last time the wife and I went to Hershey's RV show, many models of trailer didn't impress me as many felt too flimsy and looked somewhat gaudy in construction. Since there are only a handful of companies that manufacturer the trailers, many models all look the same (i.e. floor plans)

We have considered the public auction, but of course there, you get what you get, not sure where they came from or why. It is only about 30 min from my place, so it has been a thought. We also looked at the Grand Designs at the Hershey show and the only one we like had the raised den with garage storage underneath, but not sure they are going to quite make the budget range.

So we have moved in the the 5er community, with the purchase today of ours. We now proudly own a Sandpiper 379Flok. Have to get a hitch ordered so we can pick it up. Can get one for less than the dealer wanted. Rails are installed in dually as is electrical hookup. So just need some advice on fifth wheel hitches, and soon we will pick up our baby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter