Snow White and Aladdin shows???

jgmklmhem

DIS Veteran
I am trying to budget my video tape time...well at least make sure I have enough tapes to cover everything I want. First off can you video tape these shows?? My daughter still loves watching our tapes of the shows at WDW so I wanted to tape these as well. Second about how long does each show last....just an estimate will do! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

I have not seen the Snow white show but I think it is 20-25 minutes. I have seen Aladdin a couple of times and it is about 40 minutes long. I usually have taped most everything but for some reaon I have not done Aladdin. I do not remember if they ask you not to tape.

I am 99% sure you cannot videotape Aladdin. It is so dark in there it probably wouldn't turn out anyway, it is a true theatre. We have taped Snow White and I think it is maybe around 35-40 minutes. The shows at Disneyland are much longer than the ones at WDW. They tell much more of the story and have a lot more details. I always think for instance that if you hadn't seen the movie Little Mermaid you would find that show at MGM Studios confusing. Snow White and Aladdin however basically tell the complete story. I love them both!

Amy&Dan said:
I am 99% sure you cannot videotape Aladdin. It is so dark in there it probably wouldn't turn out anyway, it is a true theatre. We have taped Snow White and I think it is maybe around 35-40 minutes. The shows at Disneyland are much longer than the ones at WDW. They tell much more of the story and have a lot more details. I always think for instance that if you hadn't seen the movie Little Mermaid you would find that show at MGM Studios confusing. Snow White and Aladdin however basically tell the complete story. I love them both!

what days are these shows playing ??
sure hope either Thurs or Fri .

If you go to Disneyland.com and put in your dates under the calendar it will give you the times for the shows.

I taped Snow White and from memory it was about half an hour. As it's in an outdoor theatre (though undercover) the light is great and the film turned out pretty good.

BUT - make sure you get there early or you sit so far back you have to zoom in all the time and the film looks a little unsteady - half an hour before should give you a good seat.

Sorry - didn't make Aladdin but my experience is anything filmed inside is basically not worth it - it just comes out all dark, fuzzy and shaky.

Is the Snow White show scary? My kids won't watch the movie because of the queen/witch. I'm assuming she is in it. What about Alladin? Would it be the tamer of the two?

there are some parts of Snow White that could be scary Aladdin should be fine though

During Aladdin you are sitting in a darkened theatre. So if you have a child that doens't like that sort of setting be aware. There is a part at the end where this big snake like thing rises up that could be a little scary. As far as Snow White you are in an outdoor theatre so it isn't dark. The Queen is a little intimidating and then when she turns into a witch that might be scary. I have seen that show numerous times and can't remember a time when I heard a kid crying or saw one that had to be taken out. During Snow White it would be a piece of cake to get up and leave if you needed to to.

Marley if your kids are to scared to watch the movie they will be too scared to watch the live show. Loud noises and of course the scary queen/witch. You can always try just get an seat near the edge of your row so you can leave if you have too. There were a few that left during the show we watched during the scarier parts.

Are these two shows (Aladdin & Snow White) relatively new? Or did I just not pay attention when we were there in 1/02?
Anyway, where do the shows take place? DL in Fantasyland? How "must see" are they for DS4 and DD8? We have 3 day passes...shouldn't be any trouble to fit it in one of the days. Both kids have seen and liked both movies.
Thanks for any info! :earsboy:

Snow White began in February of 2004. Not sure about Aladdin. To me they are a "must do". Snow White is in Fantasyland in an outdoor theater near Its a Small World and Aladdin is in DCA in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot. Very near Tower of Terror (which I know was not open in 02). The Aladdin show is in an indoor theater and is thought by many to be the best show at any Disney park. If your kids like the movies they will love the shows! For time allotment I would figure it will take around 1 1/2 - 2 hours to see each show when you figure the wait to get into the theater etc. If you are going off season it probably won't take that long. We like to do these after lunch to let our food settle and get out of the heat if its hot. Have fun!

Anyone know if they happen to sell copies of these shows on DVD. Would save DH from having to tape them and me from having to edit the tapes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter