Snuck over for a day 3/15

dlavender

DIS Veteran
DW and I did a 3 day trip w/o the kiddos for the first time! (We brought them back for the next 2 days, so we aren't that awful, lol)

We spent the first two days over at WDW, taking in EPCOT. On our last day, we were sort of WDW'd out and thought, lets go to Uni, so we did.

We thought we'd dedicate a day solely to Uni, and not IOA for the first time in at least 10 years.

We really enjoyed ourselves, and how much more relaxed a day there feels compared to WDW.

One example was stopping into Finnegan's pub. Just the day before we spent an hour at the Rose and Crown in Epcot, which I would say is similar. However, Finnegan's blew us away! Much larger and easier to enjoy without feeling like you are a sardine. The corn beef slider was very tasty, so was the Guinness. We leisurely took in some rides. We did Mummy for the first time in a while, and had forgotten how fun that coaster is. Rip ride rocket (sp?) was down which was a little bit of a buzz kill. We spent most of the day discovering Diagon Alley. Knockturn Alley is really fun to explore. It was fun to just drink a butterbeer and take it all in. We met Lucious Malfoy (not sure if he worked there or was just someone dressed as him). It was such a fun day!

We are staying at Cabanna bay in a month and I really feel that we are just a few years away from making WDW our secondary vacation spot. I can't say enough about how relaxed and fun Universal has become to us.

I can't say enough about how relaxed and fun Universal has become to us.

Totally agree! While we love our Disney park visits, they have become secondary to our Universal visits. The relaxation we feel at UO is just what we need at this point (i.e. being old people over 50!).

Glad you had such a nice trip.....sounds like you had a blast!

Hope you enjoy your next trip too.......

You'll have even a grander time when you return next month.

Be sure to take advantage of the early entry for the parks next trip

A couple of my favorite things at Finnegans are the scotch eggs and the steak sandwich

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter