So, are you able to be guaranteed internally connected studios at Poly?

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
I never saw that you could, but others had. I do not own at Poly, and would only book a girls stay with friends if the rooms were connected. Should I even consider that?

Not guaranteed. They added it to the system and took it back out.

People get them and it is unusual to request it and not get it.

Since almost a studios are connected to another one, getting two connected shouldn't be an issue.

:earsboy: Bill

Thank you...gals trip is in April, we’ll see if it’s an option, plus see if friends want to give up Beach Club. Some like to get new experiences! With the Monorail, it’s pretty easy to get to Epcot for F&G from monorail at Transportation center.

Last edited:

There are 360 studios. 358 of them connect. It shouldn’t be difficult for the room assigner to align checkout dates for connecting studios.

We have never read of any complain from someone who requested connected studios and didn't get them. Since I think they would be (rightly so) really upset and vocal about it, my guess is that it never happened.
But the perfect storm could always happen: maybe the studios were assigned as connected but then one of them has to be taken off for maintenance because of a last minute problem and when you check in the whole resort is already full.
I think a 99,9999% chance to get the connecting studios is good enough. And I bet the resort will try to move the guests the next day if possible without other fees.

Like others said, should be easier than anywhere else since they almost all connect to another room. We had connecting lake view rooms in April. I knew that would be a little more difficult- yet they pulled that one off too. So I’d say chances are very good.

Connecting, you mean side by side, right? Not as in door on the inside between the 2.... Or am I missing something here?

Connecting, you mean side by side, right? Not as in door on the inside between the 2.... Or am I missing something here?
Connecting = a door inside that connects them
Adjoining = next to each other but without a door

wow, cool. this is good to know for the future. I only thought they were for lockoffs between 1brs & 2 brs

We have never read of any complain from someone who requested connected studios and didn't get them. Since I think they would be (rightly so) really upset and vocal about it, my guess is that it never happened.
But the perfect storm could always happen: maybe the studios were assigned as connected but then one of them has to be taken off for maintenance because of a last minute problem and when you check in the whole resort is already full.
I think a 99,9999% chance to get the connecting studios is good enough. And I bet the resort will try to move the guests the next day if possible without other fees.

There have been a couple of complaints of not getting connecting studios when requested. Still, it's probably the most likely of any DVC request to be met.

There have been a couple of complaints of not getting connecting studios when requested. Still, it's probably the most likely of any DVC request to be met.
I’ve seen one and it was “no big deal.” I imagine if it is a “big deal,” the folks at the front desk will be able to love things around. Have you seen anything more substantial?

I’ve seen one and it was “no big deal.” I imagine if it is a “big deal,” the folks at the front desk will be able to love things around. Have you seen anything more substantial?

https://www.disboards.com/threads/poll-for-those-who-have-requested-connected-rooms-at-pvb.3635165/

2 people stated they didn't receive but "no big deal". ie, I'd assume they didn't make a stink. But I'd also assume if it were requested and available then it should have been granted without creating a stink about it.

I asked this question before I checked point costs. I am totally shocked that two studios at Poly is more than the two bedroom I have booked at BCV during the time frame I am going with friends!

I asked this question before I checked point costs. I am totally shocked that two studios at Poly is more than the two bedroom I have booked at BCV during the time frame I am going with friends!

You are paying a premium for monorail resorts.

Just pulled random dates:

Dream Season, BCV 2 bedroom = 313 weekly
Dream Season, BLT 2 bedroom = 356 weekly (lake view)
Dream Season, VGF 2 bedroom = 412 weekly (standard)

You are paying a premium for monorail resorts.

Just pulled random dates:

Dream Season, BCV 2 bedroom = 313 weekly
Dream Season, BLT 2 bedroom = 356 weekly (lake view)
Dream Season, VGF 2 bedroom = 412 weekly (standard)
I was interested in 2 studios at Poly. Without the kitchen, the point cost for the 2 studios surprised me. I may still ask my friends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!