So bummed! Anniversary trip and no brunch at California Grill

tinkerbellybutton

DIS Veteran
I am so bummed. DH and I are planning our very first ever anniversary trip without our kids for our 20th Anniversary in September. Other than food and wine festival the thing we were looking forward to the most was brunch at California Grill. I got on first thing yesterday morning when my dining window opened up and there was no availability for brunch. I checked again today and still nothing.

Is there any hope that they just haven’t released all the times yet? Or is it really probably completely booked already? This is something we’ve wanted to try for a while but wanted to do so without the kids. Between this and the unexpected early opening of GE I am seriously considering cancelling the trip. My hubby is a life long Star Wars fan, but we were hoping to avoid all the opening chaos. Any suggestions???

It is possible that the ADR are not available yet. Are the dates available to be selected on MDE? I believe the brunch is on Sundays only.

Yes, it’s only on Sunday. The Sunday I am trying for says no times available. I called Disney Dining, but the CM I spoke with was utterly clueless. Lol. I may try calling again, but the wait time was like 30 minutes to get through to someone.

I'm also having really bad luck with California Grill brunch for August 18. We have Homecomin' booked as a back-up.

Smart move!
Our back up is Jaleo or Morimoto's

Oooh, I've always wanted to try Morimoto! If I didn't have two extremely picky members of our party, I'd book there for a later lunch that day instead.

I’m trying for 8/25 brunch reservation. We’re hoping for a cancellation. I check multiple times a day, but no luck so far. I hope you find one!

I had no idea this was such a hot reservation as I made it several days after my window opened up once I read more about it for Sept. 15th. I guess I lucked out so if anything changes I'll post in the appropriate thread.

I had no idea this was such a hot reservation as I made it several days after my window opened up once I read more about it for Sept. 15th. I guess I lucked out so if anything changes I'll post in the appropriate thread.

Are you saying you were able to get a reservation for brunch at California Grill on Sunday, September 15th?

After trying to secure a ressie here starting around the middle of January it came in today about a week and a half before arrival day. Time to cancel the Jaleo reservation and make it for another night.

Pig out dreams do come true;).

Are you saying you were able to get a reservation for brunch at California Grill on Sunday, September 15th?

Hi ! Yes I was and it was several days after my day window opened up because i didn't know about it somehow ! If i have to cancel ill be sure to post because i didnt know it was a hard one to get.

Hi ! Yes I was and it was several days after my day window opened up because i didn't know about it somehow ! If i have to cancel ill be sure to post because i didnt know it was a hard one to get.

Wow! You got lucky!!! I’ve been trying everyday since my window opened and nothing.

Don’t give up! On our trip last October I tried everyday, signed up with touring plans etc, but nothing opened. By Saturday I figured it was a lost cause. About 1pm on Sat got alerts there were multiple openings. Had our choice of times; ended up going at 11:30 and had a fabulous experience.

What Thmacs1 said. Last year on Easter I tried to get a reservation for a last minute trip with no luck. A couple of days before, however, I was able to snag a good time for the 5 of us (thanks TouringPlans!). After that ridiculously delicious meal was finished, while still at the table I tried to make another reservation for our yearly trip to Fl. in August but couldn't find anything. I mentioned to the waitress what I tried to do and she asked for my info and told me not to worry, that she'd make it happen. She did - and again in August we rolled out of there stuffed and happy. That brunch is no joke... but neither is the price tag! :laughing: We decided to skip it this year to buy MNSSHP tickets instead. It's about the same price for us! :scared1:

ETA: I'd be surprised if you didn't have luck with TouringPlans. I've been pretty successful with it. Just in case this is news to you: One great tip I received here in the forums is to set a unique text sound for the reservation finder texts when they come in on your phone. This way you know to look right away (or violently tear through the house looking for your phone like I do when I hear the 'Choo Choo' sound blaring from it :laughing:) You've got to book it fast, or someone else will beat you to it.

Last edited:
Yeah I've had no luck for 9/15 too! Bummer!!!

I'm hoping that they haven't released all of the reservations for that date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!