So excited!!

kelmac284

Lover of all things Disney since 1975
Well I just finished booking the remainder of the stuff for our 1 dayer next month.

It is certainly going to be a whirlwind that is for sure.

We are driving down on the 28th and I hope we get there before 5 cuz I need to pick up our tour tickets and I don't want to have to mess with it Friday morning esp since GS doesn't open till the park does.

Anyway we plan to be up bright and early on the 29th and in line well before opening and then do our normal routine. DH will run to splash and get fp's while the rest of us hit POC. Then we will probably do Indy and then he will run get FP's for Space Mountain.

Probably after that we will try to do Matterhorn since it has no fast pass and we only have till about 11:15 to do rides cuz we got a PS at Cafe Orleans at 11:30. Then after lunch we only have a short amount of time before checking in for the happiest birthday. After THAT we again only have a small amount of time and then we will do the Holiday tour. I just scored those tix today and got a 20% AP discount!! :cheer2:

After the tour/parade we MAY have time to hit some more rides and we plan to stay for the fireworks and then I may convince mom and dad to take the little ones back to the room and DH and I and SD may stay a bit longer and try and hit some more rides.

We were just there last month and mom and I are taking the girls back in Feb for 4 days so I am going to try and not worry about not doing too many rides.

It will be hard though being there and NOT going on a lot but I am hoping to really get into the holiday and just enjoy all the stuff like the tour etc.

Plus my daughter's 7th birthday is New Year's eve so we are celebrating it that day and I don't want to miss getting her a birthday button or letting her get the call from Goofy so hopefully if my dh is obsessed I can send him off to get FP's while we do that stuff.

1 month from today baby!!

who knows, fastpass for Matterhorn might be availble when it comes out of rehab :)

Oh my goodness, I'm tired after reading that! We just got back and I was picturing everything you said your going to do and I had a sympathy pain in my foot :rotfl: .

I hope your daughter enjoys wearing her birthday button because my daughter who we celebrated her 9th birthday last week there WOULD NOT wear it. She didn't want any special attention :rolleyes: I don't know where she came from :confused3 ! So now it just looks cute hanging on her picture board in her room.

Have a GREAT time!

Thanks!! I know it is exhausting going with DH cuz he is OBSESSED with getting as many fp's as possible LOL.

I wish I could just go to Disneyland one day and just walk around leisurly and look at stuff and do stuff I would NEVER do like look in the unusual stores or the gallery but alas I come from a family of commandos LOL! :)

:rotfl: That is exactly what this last trip was *supposed* to be for us...a laid back, let's enjoy the decorations and celebrate Megan's birthday trip. BUT we are commando's at heart too I guess and it wasn't until the last evening did we finally just chill and enjoy everything around us and not worry about any lines or rides. It was great. I wish I would've done it sooner because it is SO amazing this time of year and I know I missed out on some of the little details rushing around.

I hope we can somewhat do a stop and smell the roses type deal when we go to WDW in April, but we haven't been in 4 years so it's gonna be REALLY hard to not go commando! (well, you know what I mean :blush: ).

:lmao: Uh yeah that would chaffe a bit I think LOL. (ie the Commando reference ;) )

No I know what you mean. It seems like when we go to DW we are like you we only go once every 3 or 4 years and there is NEVER enough time in that place to kick back. Plus we usually go "off" season and the parks close so dang early compared to DL that it is truly hard to get it all done.

Last year we went and took 2 whole weeks and let me tell you that was SO worth it cuz we had a relax day like every 3 days. We also got caught in Hurricane Wilma so we were FORCED to have one day off LOL.

But we went to Islands of Adventure, Cape Canaveral and toured the resorts one day.

It was SO nice to just relax and not be so rushed.

Even though we were just there last month it is so hard to go and feel like we could "skip" stuff. I think if this trip were longer we wouldn't worry about it but we are such HUGE addicts that it is hard to say let's go to DL for only one day and NOT try to do it all. LOL.

I think February will be that kick back for me though.

In fact mom and I are talking about making reservations at either the Vineyard room or Napa Rose for a special grown ups only night!! YUM!! :thumbsup2

Albort said:
who knows, fastpass for Matterhorn might be availble when it comes out of rehab :)
Do you know something we don't know????? :goodvibes

kelmac284 said:
:lmao: Uh yeah that would chaffe a bit I think LOL. (ie the Commando reference ;) )

No I know what you mean. It seems like when we go to DW we are like you we only go once every 3 or 4 years and there is NEVER enough time in that place to kick back. Plus we usually go "off" season and the parks close so dang early compared to DL that it is truly hard to get it all done.

Last year we went and took 2 whole weeks and let me tell you that was SO worth it cuz we had a relax day like every 3 days. We also got caught in Hurricane Wilma so we were FORCED to have one day off LOL.

But we went to Islands of Adventure, Cape Canaveral and toured the resorts one day.

It was SO nice to just relax and not be so rushed.

Even though we were just there last month it is so hard to go and feel like we could "skip" stuff. I think if this trip were longer we wouldn't worry about it but we are such HUGE addicts that it is hard to say let's go to DL for only one day and NOT try to do it all. LOL.

I think February will be that kick back for me though.

In fact mom and I are talking about making reservations at either the Vineyard room or Napa Rose for a special grown ups only night!! YUM!! :thumbsup2

Oh how I wish we could go for 2 weeks! We did that the first time we went in 2000 and it was great, but we were so new to WDW that we didn't even know what we were missing (and I hadn't found DIS yet) so that trip was kind of different. Now when we went back in 2002 we were out of control crazed lunatics that tried to do everything. I was SO exhausted when we got home it was crazy. Now this time I know better, but it will be SO hard to try and see a lot AND relax a bit. We'll see if I come home chaffed. :rotfl2:

You should just go for the adult dinner, you will enjoy it so much! When DH and I went back in April for our anniversary (no kiddies) it was SO nice! I did have moments where I felt SO guilty (hence the Nov. family trip for DD b-day ;) ) but having alone time with no kiddies and just enjoying the adult company there was really nice (even if you only have one dinner...cause I know my kids wouldn't have liked anything nor would I want to pay for them to eat nothing at those prices LOL!).

Yeah when we go back in 08 we can only go for a week this time. That 2 weeks was great but tough on everyone to miss that much work and school and my oldest is in high school so more than a week is not possible. I just hope she can handle even a week!

The only good thing is when we go in 08 it will be our 3rd time so now I know what I can "miss". There are some things that I have seen "enough" of etc that I don't care about or that they have here at DL that I don't need to waste time on if I am short on time.

We went in May the first time and endured the awful heat and then went in october for the MNSSHP last year and the weather was SO much better. The heat alone can exhaust you!

Next time we are going in November to see the Osborne lights and to MVMCP so I am hoping that we have a good trip and the weather is good. WE are also taking another day at IoA cuz that place is awesome!

I am jealous you guys are going so soon. But once every 3 or 4 years is about all we can manage. But that is why we take LOTS of trips to DL in between! :)

Oh and DH and I have already decided we are going to do a grownup trip next dec and try to get a CP package!! We usually stay in the discount places with the whole family but for just us we are going to stay at a Disney hotel and have some GOOD eats while we are there!! Only 360 something days to go ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter