So, I really messed up.......

gracelrm

<font color=teal>Wow - you learn something new eve
DH and I haven't been to WDW around Christmas in quite a while. We decided we wanted to go the first week of December 2024 and stay at BRV (our home resort). I didn't set a calendar reminder (won't make that mistake again) and when I remembered to make reservations - it was too late. The first week of December is really the only time we can go. I put in a waitlist for Dec 1-7 for a studio but feel like it is unlikely since most all resorts have zero studio options for that time already. Would it be smarter to just stalk that time period at BRV and pick up whatever days pop up and hope to eventually get 6 nights or just trust the waitlist without obsessively looking for a day here and there?

I think the biggest thing that would boost your odds would be anything you can do to not need 6 consecutive nights. Are you willing to go for fewer nights and / or are you willing to split stay? I realize this would make airfare more tricky to book if you're flying.

A 6 night waitlist is going to be difficult to come through. I'd place a 3 (the max?) waitlists for 1-2 nights at BRV home and also stalk individual nights, all the while updating the waitlist so I'm always requesting the max.

Things get more interesting at 7 months when you can start waitlisting and booking other resorts. I'll leave it to those more knowledgable than I on which resorts are most likely to pull through on a waitlist.

DH and I haven't been to WDW around Christmas in quite a while. We decided we wanted to go the first week of December 2024 and stay at BRV (our home resort). I didn't set a calendar reminder (won't make that mistake again) and when I remembered to make reservations - it was too late. The first week of December is really the only time we can go. I put in a waitlist for Dec 1-7 for a studio but feel like it is unlikely since most all resorts have zero studio options for that time already. Would it be smarter to just stalk that time period at BRV and pick up whatever days pop up and hope to eventually get 6 nights or just trust the waitlist without obsessively looking for a day here and there?
Back when I tried waitlisting for a Dec. stay I had no luck, but I did stitch a split stay together by stalking a lot. So in addition to the split wait list, I’d stalk every day several times a day & grab any day that opens up hoping to stitch together 6 nights. I don’t suppose you want to spend the extra points for a 1 br., looks like they have more availability.

As others said your only hope is piecing it together. I would stalk and waitlist ONE night at a time. You will have to spend a lot of time on that account. I might rethink my plans.

That is going to be a tough one. I will say that stalking beats the waitlist more often than not for us. At least if you stalk the way I do which is logging in every time you have a minute to sit down and just hit update over and over grabbing whatever I can a day or two at a time. I've pulled together a couple of last minute trips that way recently. You'd be surprised what pops up and then goes away in minutes.

Still - I wasn't looking for a WL resort in Dec which is a tough get. Good luck!

The good news is you’re near the top of the waitlist heap. Right now you’re only competing with other owners and way ahead of the game than joining a waitlist after 7 month trading begins.

I’d keep looking. Try to find a few days together available. Good scenario: You find nights 4, 5 and 6. Book them! Put in a waitlist for nights 1, 2 and 3. Put a second waitlist on all nights 1-6 that will replace your existing ‘nights 4,5 and 6’ reservation. That gives you 2 chances to match. It also doesn’t need extra points beyond what the trip needs.

Keep stalking. If you find one of the other nights, grab it and change the short waitlist.

Keep track of waitlist details, is it separate or replacing a reservation (system does not make this clear after the fact).

Yeah split your waitlist into 2 smaller stays of 2 or 3 nights, then stalk and see if you can pick up any days yourself and then update your waitlists to 1 or 2 day to have the best chances
And if you succeed, contact member services to merge your stay into one reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter