So.... That Latest Dining Video...

Yes! A friend of mine pronounces it Reesey Cups and it drives me batty. We live 20 minutes from Hershey, so there’s no excuse.
Totally unrelated to the main topic, but yes, it’s always driven me crazy when someone says Reese’s like that.

It’s the same annoyance I feel when someone pronounces a Jaguar (the car) as a “jag-wire” or when someone adds a “‘s” to names of companies that don’t really have one: Nordstrom’s, Kroger’s, Belk’s, etc...

Yes! A friend of mine pronounces it Reesey Cups and it drives me batty. We live 20 minutes from Hershey, so there’s no excuse.
It is the way we PA Boomers all pronounce it. I cannot say Reeses, it doesn't feel right.

Watched the video of the 4 people each commenting on their different entrees. I thought the video was fine but haven't seen any of their other ones, no idea if they are related or just friends, but don't really care. I would imagine most who do these videos try to be funny or entertaining as a way to attract more viewers. Social media nowadays tends to be a forum where there is needless drama or someone always has to take exception to something.............who has time for that nonsense?

Watched the video of the 4 people each commenting on their different entrees. I thought the video was fine but haven't seen any of their other ones, no idea if they are related or just friends, but don't really care. I would imagine most who do these videos try to be funny or entertaining as a way to attract more viewers. Social media nowadays tends to be a forum where there is needless drama or someone always has to take exception to something.............who has time for that nonsense?

I’m genuinely curious how you wound up in this subforum if you don’t know who they are.

A Christmas picture definitely in ugly sweaters with a storm trooper in the middle holding a bowl of sgetti. It would be a great way to have some fun sell the pics and make it part of the fundraiser for Give Kids the World.

It's spelled "sketti"....according to a guy that calls himself "Fiasco". Make sure you get the spelling right when posting real food names! :thanks:🤣

To get this thread back on topic:

I am a big fan of the podcast and of Pete. As a matter of fact, I generally skip the episodes where Pete (or John) aren't hosting.

But Pete with the Stormtrooper was a low moment for Pete, for sure. I mean, you are in a public area of a theme park. When the Stormtrooper began its interaction with Pete and the group, I assume Pete felt that the stormtrooper was intruding on his vlog and ruining it. But this is the entirely wrong attitude to take about it. The parks are not your personal vlogging studio. The Stormtroopers are there to interact with guests. The expectation is that cast members are going to interact with you. The CM probably thought that they were making the video/vlog better/special/unique. They were adding a little Disney magic...entertaining the crowd. The CMs should be applauded for this and the Disney World Resort should be as well. I think Pete needs to reexamine his expectations for what may happen while filming in the parks and to rethink his reaction to the situation captured on this particular video.

Stormtrooper interaction: It seemed Pete was being lighthearted in his attempts to usher the Stormtrooper along. I didn’t feel he was legitimately rude.

It was the other stuff made me think to myself: “Dude, … really?”
The rolling of the eyes at the child. Pete, you’re at Disney World and you’re in the middle of the newest addition to the entire resort.
The “mocking” of Steve. Being a guy, I know how we are with our friends; messing with and cutting up with them. But I thought this was the wrong time. Even more so because Steve couldn’t see him doing it. Had I been Steve watching this back I would have been, at the very least, annoyed. If you're going to devalue a Team member's input by taking the attention off them then next time skip their review. While I'm sure it wasn't intentional, the mocking Pete did in the video came off less like “messing around” and more like “hey, everybody, look at me”. That attention grab seemed, quite honestly, childish.

Pete certainly isn’t deserving of the extreme comments others have left but he should be held accountable for behaving in a way that he himself would rail against if anyone else but him had done it. Given the above, I thought to myself, how… why did you not edit those things out? And the answer is likely: no one saw an issue with it at the time. Which implies there's a bigger problem. And then you see some of the comments on the YouTube page regarding how this kind of stuff could be impacting the “high turnover” at The DIS and you can’t help but want to agree.

I do wish Pete and his team the best. I think in all sincerity none of this was ill-willed. But it was just unnecessary. I hope hindsight will yield less antics like this. Or at least some better editing.

After reading some of the posts I was expecting something pretty bad when I watched the video. After watching the video, I don't see what all the outrage was about. My biggest take away was Pete is sort of a hypocrite when it comes to roaming entertainment in the park. Big deal, he wasn't a Richard to the guy by any means and the Steve stuff I thought was more playing around than anything else.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but I'm just not seeing it. Maybe because I've become accustomed to Pete and the way he interacts with staff and other people over the years since listening/watching? Who knows. I'm sure he was a little frustrated but he's laughing at his own "misfortune" so what's wrong with that ..I do the same thing at work! The thing with Steve is something that has been going on since Day 1 -I can absolutely see where people would read that as insensitive(or whatever), but I think Pete loves the kid a great deal and it's just the way Pete plays off of him a little. It seems like I'm in the minority on this one, but I was wayyy underwhelmed when I watched the video after reading this post . Call me next time when you have some real good dirt!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts