So what are you packing for your November trip??

grover

DIS Veteran
Our trip is booked for November 7-18, we have been to wdw in early October but never November. I really don't know what to pack for clothes!! It will myself DH and DS. From what I hear the weather can go either way right?? I don't want to take both my summer and winter wardrobe with me-I am a packaholic to start with so this is not going to be easy for me! I know I can do laundry if needed and probably will do so once but don't want to do it more than once. So please share with me what you are taking-number of outfits ect! DS will be 10 so only one change of clothes per day.
Thanks
Grover in Winnipeg
:D

Grover- Florida in November will probably feel like the middle of summer to you! I am a Georgia girl so I know that the weather down south is usually more warmer than colder. There is always the exception! My DH & I will be at POFQ beginning November 16! We will be there for a week. I will probably pack 2 or 3 pairs of jeans, and 3 pair of shorts. Three long sleeves, three short sleeves, and a jacket. I will wash about midweek. Maybe I'll see you at the laundry! We were at POR last December and ASMO this past January and only wore shorts. However, about 10-12 years ago, we almost froze to death in December. Have a good trip!

I think your best bet is to pack a few outfits for both weather extremes. A few pairs of shorts and short sleeve shirts as well as long sleeve shirts and jeans should be fine. It can go either way! Last year in early November it was 95 in the shade and miserable! I wished I had packed more hot weather stuff.

Pack for summer. Take one pair of jeans and wear long pants to MCO (assuming you'll fly in.) Take a sweatshirt. If you have to buy something warmer, you'll have another souvie to take home. We had unseasonable weather for the first part of December in '97. It was in the mid-60's during the day (shorts weather IMO) and into the 40s at night. We only had the jeans we wore on the flight. We were very happy to pack them after the 3rd day of wearing them. Then it was hot and we went swimming at BB.

We're going in October, and I'm planning/hoping for mid-80's weather. At least that's what I'm promising the kids.

We've been there @Thanksgiving when it was so hot we stripped down to the bare essentials and then one Thanksgiving it was so cold we were fighting over the last pair of gloves and scarf at a street cart outside MGM. That early in Nov. it should be very mild---warm during the day and a little cooler at night. I agree with the other posts that a pair or two of jeans will be welcome if it turns cool. As for your DS, I'd just make sure to have a light jacket if needed. You'll also probably be able to use the pool each day.

Think layers.

We celebrated the Millenium at WDW during the third week of November '99. The morning started cool. Midday was glorious - low '70s. Evening was comfortable with a sweatshirt. ( Please note we did see a CM with a winter jacket, gloves and earmuffs when exiting Epcot one evening. What is cold to you is relative to your home climate!)

Only my youngest wore jeans one night. It was shorts all the way for us. Remember too, we are New Englanders. 50 degrees can be mighty comfortable.

It is a lovely time of year to visit. Enjoy!!!

--penny

We have been there in early December many times..and this year going in early November. I am wearing a pair of jeans down on the flight and packing shorts I think. No need to bring a bunch of jeans if it is going to be warm, as I am a shorts girl. Bringing a sweatcoat to wear in the evening, that should be more than enough.

I was @ WDW three year ago in the middle of November... I looked at everyone in shorts at the airport and knew exactly where they were going! I think I was the only one on the plane with jeans on.....when I arrived at MCO @ 10 am - it was already in the 80's so off came my sweatshirt & jeans - on went the shorts.. We were swimming in the pool every night, of course like someone posted, 50's is very warm to us New Englanders. This year we're going at Thanksgiving, so, after reading other posts, I'm planning on bringing 2 pairs of long pants and the rest shorts.... always can do laundry (just like at home hmm, sounds familiar) I figure I can always buy another sweatshirt for my souvenier!

We're going over Thanksgiving this year, but I'm packing light and washing. We have a w/d in our timeshare, though. I'm going to check the weather reports in November then pack accordingly. I'll pack sweats for the kids so they can throw them on over shorts and t-shirts.

We usually go around late October to late November and the weather is usually great. Shorts will do most of the time, but a few pairs of long pants and a jacket are good since evenings can be cooler and you might hit one or two cool days.

Jackets, sweaters, and sweatshirts are in good supply at most of the WDW shops if you need extra.

We just carry a light jacket and one or two pairs of jeans in case the weather turns cooler than normal. As long as you have an item or two that you can layer, you'll be fine. Have a wonderful trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter