So What's Up With Mousekeeping?

One thing that I have always been impressed with at Disney is the mousekeeping. I have had nothing but stellar service over the years and always received well cleaned and maintained rooms.

In 2009, my son accidentally spilled a bottle of Sprite all over his bed at Pop Century. It happened late at night so he squeezed in with us to sleep. It was dry by morning, but the sheets felt sticky and icky. I stopped by the front desk and asked for the sheets to be changed.

A little later on back at the room, three people from housekeeping, including a manager and a supervisor, knocked on the door and came in to talk to us and see what we needed. They were so nice and professional. It was impressive that they showed so much concern. :)

Last edited:
3) The only place Housekeeping doesn't visit every single day is DVC accommodations staying on points. Every where else SHOULD be getting a daily service, even guests who are staying in DVC resorts paying cash.

5) Or people could just do the job they're supposed to do to start with, right? Saying it is a guest's fault that a room wasn't cleaned properly? Uh, no.

Every trip we've had adequate housekeeping, nothing more.

I don't understand why those who've had no issues somehow assume those who did are either:
A. lying
or
B. at fault for not cleaning after themselves (if the guest is whipping out bleach and a mop why do we even need housekeepers?)

And God forbid if you don't complain right away (as if not complaining about the incompetence automatically makes the incompetence okay).

If you're a guest who had a poor housekeeping experience you shouldn't have your comments brushed aside as exaggerations.

And if you're a guest who had a great experience, and the only dust you've seen in your room is littered with pixie, you shouldn't act like you have the final say on what happened in a room you weren't even staying in.

I am pretty easy-going about room conditions and cleanliness in general but I have to say that a room smelling of vomit would have me requesting a room change. I'm so sorry you had this issue and that it wasn't promptly resolved.

Seriously, I think I'd rather find a used condom is the bed sheets (previous DIS thread).

Ha. These two things would send my husband and I through the roof.... I cannot deal with vomit, and finding a used condom in the bed sheets would send my husband's OCD sky high. I seriously think we'd just go home!

We've been lucky with housekeeping, one time our room at the GF must have just undergone a deep clean or something, because you could still smell the cleaner. I'm sure there would be people out there who would complain about that, but not us. I love the smell of deep clean in the morning.

We check into the Polynesian in August, so fingers crossed. Lots of recent complaints about Poly housekeeping lately. We'll see!

Just stayed 11 nights at Caribbean Beach. I called on day 8 to ask them to change the sheets. I could tell they weren't being changed because the hole in the bottom sheet present at check in was still there. Also the bathroom floor was dirty/hairy day 1 and the same dirt was still there Day 12. We only got trash bags once (the day we called to request the linen change).

Our mousekeeping was fabulous during our March trip at the Poly. No towel animals but they did a great job arranging the blanket and stuffed animals my DD brought daily!

Never had a problem in my trips over the years to Disney with the room not being cleaned. Only problem we had was our Mousekeeper forgot to leave towels one day. Easy fix though. Nothing to ruin our experience or cause a fuss about.

And honestly, it would have to be something really, really bad for me to complain about. But I have found a simple phone call or polite discussion, when something isn't quite right, with the front desk gets the job done.

What I tell myself is everyone can have an "off" day at their job, regardless of what it is. no one is perfect and mistakes are made. I honestly do not understand it when people go off the deep end over every little thing that isn't right. I have seen so many situations between guests and CM's that, frankly, embarrass me. And it is usually over something that would I would have never thought to complain about in the way they go about it.

One thing that I have always been impressed with at Disney is the mousekeeping. I have had nothing but stellar service over the years and always received well cleaned and maintained rooms.

In 2009, my son accidentally spilled a bottle of Sprite all over his bed at Pop Century. It happened late at night so he squeezed in with us to sleep. It was dry by morning, but the sheets felt sticky and icky. I stopped by the front desk and asked for the sheets to be changed.

A little later on back at the room, three people from housekeeping, including a manager and a supervisor, knocked on the door and came in to talk to us and see what we needed. They were so nice and professional. It was impressive that they showed so much concern. :)

Same here! We had a toilet that did some horrible unspeakable things and we had 2 Mousekeepers, 2 sanitary engineers (;)) and the manager all trying to sort it out, apologizing endlessly (and needlessly. They didn't mess up the toilet!) and offering us way too many options, room wise, to accommodate the situation.

On our most recent trip, we returned back to our Poly room at about 3:30 pm looking forward to showering and resting up before heading out to dinner. Well, mousekeeping hadn't been to our room all day, and after I called, it took them about 40 min to get us bath towels and much needed toilet paper. Not impressed given we had left the room before 9am that morning.

On our most recent trip, we returned back to our Poly room at about 3:30 pm looking forward to showering and resting up before heading out to dinner. Well, mousekeeping hadn't been to our room all day, and after I called, it took them about 40 min to get us bath towels and much needed toilet paper. Not impressed given we had left the room before 9am that morning.

They can't clean the whole resort in 6 hours. I would also think priority goes to those rooms that are turning over. I'd rather my room be done by early afternoon too, but it isn't always possible. Someone has to have their rooms done later.

I don't understand why those who've had no issues somehow assume those who did are either:
A. lying
or
B. at fault for not cleaning after themselves (if the guest is whipping out bleach and a mop why do we even need housekeepers?)

And God forbid if you don't complain right away (as if not complaining about the incompetence automatically makes the incompetence okay).

If you're a guest who had a poor housekeeping experience you shouldn't have your comments brushed aside as exaggerations.

And if you're a guest who had a great experience, and the only dust you've seen in your room is littered with pixie, you shouldn't act like you have the final say on what happened in a room you weren't even staying in.

I have had only good experiences, but I do believe others have bad ones. But I also think if you don't complain about it while on your trip, then it really isn't that bad. Solving the problem then and there is much better than living with something not acceptable, and complaining once you are home. Now if you complain and it still isn't taken care of? That is another story.

They can't clean the whole resort in 6 hours. I would also think priority goes to those rooms that are turning over. I'd rather my room be done by early afternoon too, but it isn't always possible. Someone has to have their rooms done later.

In our experiences, sometimes Mousekeeping is knocking on our door at 10am, sometimes they're not there till early evening around 4pm or so. Mostly though, the room is cleaned while we're gone.
The point is, they get to them when they can get to them, but they always get to them. And they have always been super friendly and accommodating. One time I asked for extra shampoo, and they handed me like 5 bottles!

They were great at POR on our last trip. We got towel animals and they set my daughter's dolls up in various little scenes each time. They decorated our room with our Christmas bulb necklaces. I was impressed! It was one of the better things we experienced at that resort.

They were great at POR on our last trip. We got towel animals and they set my daughter's dolls up in various little scenes each time. They decorated our room with our Christmas bulb necklaces. I was impressed! It was one of the better things we experienced at that resort.
That's pretty amazing because I thought the housekeepers were told not to waste time with towel animals anymore. It's a nice thought, but it also means someone else's room cleaning was probably delayed.

I always am so impressed with the CPs-they are very conscientious Cast Members.

Their youth adds so much "energy"-WDW would not be the same at all without the CPs!:)
When my son was in the CP/Internship, he had some pretty lazy people working with his team.

They absolutely can clean every room before 4 pm. It's called staffing appropriately.

I always laugh when we stay DVC (for cash through Disney). The whole week...you hardly see Housekeeping. I call, they pretend that that they think you are DVC. Maybe get them to bring some towels. Finally by the middle of the week we give up.

Check out day....8 AM, housekeeping is banging on the door three hours before checkout :rotfl:

One team of housekeepers doesn't clean the whole resort, as you well know. Staff their teams appropriately and doing their room blocks in a timely manner wouldn't be a problem.

One team of housekeepers doesn't clean the whole resort, as you well know. Staff their teams appropriately and doing their room blocks in a timely manner wouldn't be a problem.

Right. Hire more housekeepers (raise the rates even more) so they can all be done by what, noon? Should they all start at 9 am too, so they have only 3 hours to turn the whole resort? Just because a room is not done by early afternoon, that doesn't mean they are not doing them in a timely manner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter