So when can I book AKL 2 BR Savannah?

roadtripper

DIS Veteran
Sorry, folks-- I've read a LOT of the AKL threads, did a search, etc, but I can't seem to find clear answers. What will be available to actually book for early 2008--say, February? Just the renovated rooms in the existing AKL? Will these include 2BR savannah view rooms? Will any of them allow 9 people (legally)? Will VAKL owners get a head start on ressies, or will it be a free-for-all if booking for early 2008? If a tree falls on the savannah, and no giraffes are there to hear it, will it get eaten?

Sorry, folks-- I've read a LOT of the AKL threads, did a search, etc, but I can't seem to find clear answers. What will be available to actually book for early 2008--say, February? Just the renovated rooms in the existing AKL?
Yes at that time only the AKV villas in the Lodge building will be open.

Will these include 2BR savannah view rooms? Will any of them allow 9 people (legally)?
We're still waiting for official info from DVC on what types of villas will be available in the Lodge. I think it's a good bet there will be 2BR savannah view villas. I think some will sleep 9 people. But again, there has been no official word yet on floor plans for the villas in the Lodge building.

Will VAKL owners get a head start on ressies, or will it be a free-for-all if booking for early 2008?
AKV owners can start making reservations on May 16th using AKV points. Any owner can make a reservation at AKV on June 6th using any points (subject to the 7-month window).

If a tree falls on the savannah, and no giraffes are there to hear it, will it get eaten?
Well those giraffes are pretty determined when it comes to eating the leaves off the trees on the savannah so I think they will find it sooner or later! Good thing there are no elephants on the savannahs or there would be trees falling all the time. Though I did see a post recently where someone mentioned watching the elephants on the savannah. I wanted to ask if they had been drinking on the balcony that evening but I restrained myself! :drinking1

Thank you all! We want to take my sis and family, but I want to be sure we can get the accommodations we need. Looks like I'll be on the phone June 6th with quite a few other people.:eek:

Yes I expect that will be a very busy day for MS!

I should have mentioned that the earliest dates of stay at AKV are Sept 1st assuming they open on schedule. You mentioned your trip is in early 2008, so that isn't a concern for you but I wanted to add that info for others who may be looking to book trips in the fall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter