So Who’s Canceling/Keeping Their Reservations????

We have rented DVC points for August. It is a family trip with kids and grandkids. We had a family meeting before Disney announced their plans and the kids were thinking of canceling. We decided to revisit the trip in 3 weeks. However, the new regulations basically decided it for us. We will be canceling. Thankfully we bought points protection. I am disappointed because I wanted to see the grandkids at Disney but next year or the year after they will be that much older and can enjoy more rides. DH and I have reservations for mid November so I will just have to watch how it goes at Disney. This is our rescheduled trip from May. If it is still the same we will be canceling this trip too. Then we have a trip planned for May 2021. I am hoping this trip can happen.

We’re out—was gonna be first trip to Disney with two boys, 7 and 4. I just can’t imagine a first trip with no character meets, fireworks, masks all day (including on the kids?), etc. I knew it was coming but I’m sad. This was a rescheduled surprise April trip and I’m at a loss re: when we’ll be able to go. 1 week stay at Poly first week of September. Am i making the right choice! Also coming from NYC so would have to fly...
Hope you can rebook if you choose once again. Maybe April 2021 will be the answer, that's when we're going. Grandkids can't wait to return since last visit in 2018.

7/25-8/1 WL: Still Debating but leaning more towards keeping.

Waiting for official answers on:
- Guarantee we can get in the park(s) every day of our stay. (We are okay with not park hopping, just want reassurance we will get in a park each day.)
- Guaranteed re-admittance to park(s) later in the day if we leave for a rest mid-day.
- List of closed attractions.
- Ride queuing. (How will it work? If virtual, how does that work?)
- Resort pools are open.
- How transportation is going to operate. (What will be running and at what capacities)
- How theme park and resort TS restaurants will be working reservations. (Can I walk in? can I make more reservations?)
- Continuation of allowing off site grocery/item order delivery. (Amazon Prime Now etc.)

We have APs and visit close to quarterly, so we are fairly relaxed on how we vacation at WDW. If we get on every ride we wanted to see, great! If not, it's no big deal. Since this whole thing started, we have gotten so many things caught up and done around the house that we're finally to the point that we can relax in the evenings and weekends. I swear that we have accomplished more in the past 2.5 months than we have in the past 5 years. Like most, life has been a big shift for us from busy all the time and never home to being home all the time. I think a trip, no matter how modified it might be to others would feel like a great vacation to us.

Last weekend it got fairly hot around my neck of the woods so we all decided to put masks on and do some yard work and other things outdoors to see if we could manage it. I figured if we can't stand it for a few hours during upper 80 deg weather, theres no chance we're going to make it in Florida at the end of July. We faired pretty well for the initial test. We decided that the fishing buffs, or neck gaiters are a little better fit for us than some of the heavier cotton masks my wife made. We might have a few more testing days between now an then and see how that goes before making our 100% commitment.

Ours were already cancelled by me yesterday, but would have been cancelled by Disney anyway 7/1-7/6...I always had a bad feeling with the whole “just because we are taking reservations doesn’t mean we are opening” thing. But it doesn’t make it sting any less because we had already said we were going no matter the restrictions but now we don’t even get the chance. This trip was supposed to be my DH, DD, DS (adult) and his GF. We just bought DVC (talk about timing, right?!) so DH, DD, and myself have other trips scheduled over this year and we will probably go even with restrictions, but this trip was in the planning for the past year (pre DVC purchase) and we don’t often get to go with my son. I’m sad for this particular special trip that we don’t get to take and probably would have given up any or all of the other ones for it 😕. Plus the planning for anything that comes after just doesn’t seem like fun anymore.

Last edited:
Ugh. We rented DVC points (without trip insurance) so guess we are still going. Was figuring we would just go with whatever restrictions there were but so far not liking that they cancelled my ADRs and got rid of FP. Hope I can rebook the ADRs and hoping we don't spend all our time in line without FP, Not even going into my thoughts on masks....trying to remind myself that restrictions will also change in the next 6 months.

So there will be no masks for the pool.... but what about buffet areas?

if they have an actual buffet where you choose your own foods, I would guess that the utensils will be switched out between guests and you can wear a mask while you’re getting your food, but can take it off while you’re eating. I would guess it’s more likely though that the concierge staff will serve the food rather than having people choose their own.

Poly, mid-August. Keeping it for now unless the tri-state quarantine is still in effect (we are coming from CT). If it’s still in effect, we will cancel.

for me, if they don't offer a discount in place of the free dining they're now taking away and refuse to refund the park hopper portion of our tickets, I'm going to cancel. But if they offer a room discount and refund our park hopper portion of the tickets I'll keep our reservation and make the most out of the experiences that will be available to us.

I go back and forth on cancelling and keeping. We have a mid-late August trip at RIV & CCV for 8 nights. We also have MNSSHP tickets, but not even sure if they are going to cancel that or not. Without parades, fireworks, stage shows, and meet and greets, I can't even see that as being worth it.
We also had plans to do water parks and H2O Glow. Looks like that is out now.
Now with all of our ADR's about to be gone and the fact that we have to wear masks in the August heat....I think it's just too much.
I'll give it another week to see what other restrictions and rules they put in place before making a final decision.

We have a Sept package with free dining and park hoppers. Now we have to pay full price without the dining and the hoppers removed? How is that not a rip off? At least offer RAC rates if nothing else.

Probably will take a 35% reduced rate next year, but what a mess.

We have a Sept package with free dining and park hoppers. Now we have to pay full price without the dining and the hoppers removed? How is that not a rip off? At least offer RAC rates if nothing else.

Probably will take a 35% reduced rate next year, but what a mess.
I personally think they are trying to forcefully, in the “nicest” way they can, make people reschedule for next year to get occupancy down. They only offer free dining to fill rooms, and that’s obviously not what they want right now, and I don’t think we’ll see any discounts for the rest of the year. Chapek isn’t making any friends.

DH fell asleep before I heard about ADRs being cancelled, we just had a bummer of an evening having a house we were about to make an offer on get pulled out from under us, so this made for the perfect night cap. Just booked ADRs on Monday for our rescheduled early July trip, it was perfect, now we have to start all over at the 60 day mark. I’m not canceling yet, but they keep taking blows and not allowing us to defend ourselves, and I can only get hit so many times before I tap out.

My original reservation was for April. It was cancelled by Disney.

Then yet offered the rebooking offer which gave everyone Free Dining to get people to keep their reservation. I booked this offer and rescheduled my trip for September.

If they take away this FREE OFFER I will cancel.

My original reservation was for April. It was cancelled by Disney.

Then yet offered the rebooking offer which gave everyone Free Dining to get people to keep their reservation. I booked this offer and rescheduled my trip for September.

If they take away this FREE OFFER I will cancel.

It is my understanding that they took that away this evening. I hope I'm wrong

Coronado 8/11 and Pop 8/12 to 8/21.

With an extremely heavy heart I’ll be canceling. The short hours, loss of water parks, park hopping, and now our ADRs gone I just can’t justify it. I have a nonrefundable VGT room on the Fantasy 8/22-8/25, and I pray they will cancel it.

I bought Disneyland tickets tonight good through Jan 2022. I hope to go in late October, and if not, then Christmastime.

Hoping to try a WDW redo early Aug 2021 and I’ve booked a 7 night on the Fantasy for right after that.

fingers crossed!

7/25-8/1 WL: Still Debating but leaning more towards keeping.

Waiting for official answers on:
- Guarantee we can get in the park(s) every day of our stay. (We are okay with not park hopping, just want reassurance we will get in a park each day.)
- Guaranteed re-admittance to park(s) later in the day if we leave for a rest mid-day.
- List of closed attractions.
- Ride queuing. (How will it work? If virtual, how does that work?)
- Resort pools are open.
- How transportation is going to operate. (What will be running and at what capacities)
- How theme park and resort TS restaurants will be working reservations. (Can I walk in? can I make more reservations?)
- Continuation of allowing off site grocery/item order delivery. (Amazon Prime Now etc.)

This!! We desperately need a vacation and I’m intrigued by low crowds, not bothered too much by mask wearing and have a very little one so wouldn’t be staying late at the parks anyway. But if the pools are closed and we couldn’t get into a park each day that would be a no-go. Transportation and TS bookings also are important.

I also want to research rules about out of state travel and quarantining at home too. I initially planned this trip (my backup to the backup at this point!) as late in the summer we could possibly go because I am a teacher, but if there’s a 14 day quarantine when I return, that cuts it too close to the start of the school year. Unless we are still distance learning which we still have no idea!

I already broke it to DH that we might have to scrap it all entirely for this year and maybe spring for a deluxe hotel next April since we’ll be able to save more money and I’m racking up the Disney Visa points with all this online shopping!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter