So you bought DVC what are you gonna do next?? A September birthday PTR *Updated 8/24

How fun is that?!? My girls would love a movie theme night!

We had a blast all day! Since Elora is still home with me her day was action packed AND she got psyched on the movie. Generally she’s a su chef, but she really enjoyed putting the kebabs together. All the crafts I got off Pinterest.

I HIGHLY suggest this activity. It was seriously the best!

They look great!

Awesome! You will have so much fun with each movie theme!

I hope Disney is reading this ;)

Not sure what we're gonna do next month, possibly Toy Story since they announced the opening date of ToyStoryLAnd!
Def do Toy Story, she will love it. Toy Story was a favorite here.

They look great!

Meh! I think I over melted the chocolate and then I was impatient and din't let it reform long enough; they should stand on their sides. I might try this again with Chocolate frosting instead of melted chocolate...

Awesome! You will have so much fun with each movie theme!

I'm so excited! I need to come up with 6 more!

I hope Disney is reading this ;)

Me too! I can't wait to see what drinks they serve up in Star Wars Land. Sis and I are loosely planning a grown up girls booze trip in 2019 :drinking1

Def do Toy Story, she will love it. Toy Story was a favorite here.

She likes the first movie and all the shorts, never seen the others though. I figured you can't go wrong with personal pizza for dinner, right? What activities did you guys do for Toy Story?

Found my way over here from your last TR. Looks like it's going to be a fun trip!!!! We just did Trattoria for the first time a week ago and loved it!!! I think I booked it after reading about your experience.

Found my way over here from your last TR. Looks like it's going to be a fun trip!!!! We just did Trattoria for the first time a week ago and loved it!!! I think I booked it after reading about your experience.

Hello and :welcome:

I'm so glad you enjoyed it! We loved it so, so much. and I'm battling between skipping it for new stuff or going again...???

She likes the first movie and all the shorts, never seen the others though. I figured you can't go wrong with personal pizza for dinner, right? What activities did you guys do for Toy Story?
It was so long ago I can't even remember!

Def made Pizza.. I think we had did guess the 3 of barrel of monkeys. And I think we did some sort of Claw "game"

It was so long ago I can't even remember!

Def made Pizza.. I think we had did guess the 3 of barrel of monkeys. And I think we did some sort of Claw "game"

We're definitely doing pizza, and maybe some alien inspired desserts. Dh wants to be home for this one so we're looking for crafts/activities together; made a pinterest board! I saw a cute photo booth prop set, might do that. Gonna look up the claw game, for sure!

Let's do an Update!

It's been a minute since I updated, and not much has changed as far as basic plans. Our ADR day is next Sunday, I didn't want to do too many, but we do have a few, and some extra special things we wanna see/do.

Here's the spreadsheet:

upload_2018-3-4_15-34-42.png

As you can see there are plenty of ?? on there. For touring purposes I'm planning most of our MK days on party days, with some night time trips there after other parks. Skipper's Canteen on Sunday says 6:30, but it's looking like MK will now close at 6 PM on party days, so I'm hoping to snag a 5:30 ADR. Wednesday is also a ?? day. mom isn't sure how much fun DD will have in Epcot, especially since the plan is really to go in the evening, after a resort day, and only hit WSC for F&W booths. We will meet A&E of course, since we missed it last year, and I thought we could try and see Snow White, Belle and any other princess around the showcase.

I have to do Sci-Fi, like I said before, I really fear for it's existence and I'd be sad if DD didn't get to go in there at least once; shes my tiny sci-fi/horror fan so it is something shed like, for sure.
AND I have 2 Fireworks Dessert parties on here. The Frozen one makes sense cause you get to ride the attraction after park closing, that in itself is worth the cost to me. BUT I read a rumor that the new fireworks show at Epcot is being fast tracked, so I'm crossing my fingers we get to experience that in Epcot as well.

I have multiple days and nights planned at HS cause I want to do TSL, but I don't know if FP will be available, and if it is I'm not sure how it'll work with the tiered system. Luckily our FP day comes after the area opens, so hopefully I'll learn from others' experiences. I added the Star Wars party on, cause I thought it'd work well to get our trip. We were talking about the Fantasmic! one but DH didn't like the offerings as they were described, so we figured we'll FP Fantasmic! and do the dessert party, but that's still a maybe; budget.

We decided against the dining plan again, just doesn't work for what we wanna eat. And it's looking like we'll be buying 6 day hoppers, and I'm gonna upgrade mine to an AP so I can go back in January for the Arts Festival in Epcot with some girlfriends of mine, while DD stays with my in laws for a few days.

That's it from me, I'll let y'all know how ADR day goes!

Be well my friends!

Joining in! We will be there September 7-15! Love your monthly movie night! We did weekly ones last time, closer to our trip. I think I may start with monthly ones until we get closer, just to ramp up the excitement!

We're definitely doing pizza, and maybe some alien inspired desserts. Dh wants to be home for this one so we're looking for crafts/activities together; made a pinterest board! I saw a cute photo booth prop set, might do that. Gonna look up the claw game, for sure!
Def let us know what you end up doing!

mom isn't sure how much fun DD will have in Epcot, especially since the plan is really to go in the evening, after a resort day, and only hit WSC for F&W booths. We will meet A&E of course, since we missed it last year, and I thought we could try and see Snow White, Belle and any other princess around the showcase.
You would be surprised. My girls live EPCOT. I mean they don't want to do EPCOT every day but still. I made a scavenger Hunt for the girls to do the one year. Not sure if E would be old enough for it, but it had pictures on it. I could send you the Power Point Files if you wanted. We did Hats around the world this trip, and tried to take a pic in each county. I have seen people that give there kids like a dollar (or whatever) for each country and have them find something to buy in each country with that specific amount of money. I was thinking of doing, having the girls find a candy from each candy to try later. We actually haven't done the passport, but i know they would love that as well.

I have to do Sci-Fi, like I said before, I really fear for it's existence and I'd be sad if DD didn't get to go in there at least once; shes my tiny sci-fi/horror fan so it is something shed like, for sure.
Sounds like E will def love it! Def do that one!

I'm not sure how it'll work with the tiered system. Luckily our FP day comes after the area opens,
I would think they will do something similar to Animal Kingdom? But how popular will the Alien Spin thing be? But still probably a good idea.

Aw, I really hope they don't get rid of it, we're also planning to go back in Sep. It looks like we'll be arriving in USO the day you leave :sad2:

I have multiple days and nights planned at HS cause I want to do TSL, but I don't know if FP will be available, and if it is I'm not sure how it'll work with the tiered system. Luckily our FP day comes after the area opens, so hopefully I'll learn from others' experiences.

I'm in the same boat. (Well minus multiple nights). Can't wait to see how the new rides FPs work, but our FP day for that trip is in July. I do know one thing: we are riding that slinky dog coaster!

added the Star Wars party on, cause I thought it'd work well to get our trip. We were talking about the Fantasmic! one but DH didn't like the offerings as they were described, so we figured we'll FP Fantasmic! and do the dessert party, but that's still a maybe; budget.

The Star Wars one is a lot of fun! I think the food sounds better than what's offered at the Fantasmic one.

Just joining in. I wasn’t sure if you knew about the DVC complimentary Hollywood Studios nights. They are Sept. 19, Sept. 26 and Oct. 3. I know you will be there a week earlier, but it might be worth looking into. I checked the DVC site and a 2 bedroom at Copper Creek is still open a week later than when you have planned. We are hoping to attend the event on the 26th.

Your plans look great for now! I am loving Ohana and Crystal Palace breakfast! And the SW Dessert Party!

I think you are smart to leave a few nights open for TSL, too. We are going in October for a short trip (MNSSHP and then probably one more park day). DH and I discussed it this weekend and he threw out AK, which I said was fine bc of Pandora (we didn't get to fully experience it and DH loved FoP plus I still need to try it out) but I mentioned DHS bc of TSL and he said, let's go with that. So I will plan for that but it is all going to be iffy until we get closer. I really feel like I can't fully plan for October until after our June trip, but ADR day is April 6th.

Oh and so fun on a girls' trip! I am hoping I can have a Dis girls' trip one of these days, once I get my AP in June 2019!

Joining in! We will be there September 7-15! Love your monthly movie night! We did weekly ones last time, closer to our trip. I think I may start with monthly ones until we get closer, just to ramp up the excitement!

:welcome: Thanks for joining the party! I popped over to your PTR; you've got a big clan coming! The movie nights are great fun; we're doing Toy Story next Sunday! Hope if you do them again you'll post some pics!

Def let us know what you end up doing!

:thumbsup2

You would be surprised. My girls live EPCOT. I mean they don't want to do EPCOT every day but still. I made a scavenger Hunt for the girls to do the one year. Not sure if E would be old enough for it, but it had pictures on it. I could send you the Power Point Files if you wanted. We did Hats around the world this trip, and tried to take a pic in each county. I have seen people that give there kids like a dollar (or whatever) for each country and have them find something to buy in each country with that specific amount of money. I was thinking of doing, having the girls find a candy from each candy to try later. We actually haven't done the passport, but i know they would love that as well.

Do they still have the passports? Would you send me the files for the scavenger hunt please?? I'll DM you my email address. My mom suggested the shopping thing too, but I feel like E would have a hard time with that. We're still learning numbers, and value and such (she's 3, so duh) and she has a hard time now understanding that if she has x amount of money once it's gone it's gone. Could be a pain point.

Sounds like E will def love it! Def do that one!

It's on the ADR list for Sunday!

I would think they will do something similar to Animal Kingdom? But how popular will the Alien Spin thing be? But still probably a good idea.

My hope is that we will be able to FP one, rope drop the other, and wait the line for the Alien Spin. If Pandora is any example of what's to come I agree that the Alien Spin won't have a terrible wait the way the Slinky Dog Coaster will. I'm also hoping the Midway will be less of a wait now that it's three lanes and there are two new attractions in the area. We shall see what July brings!

Aw, I really hope they don't get rid of it, we're also planning to go back in Sep. It looks like we'll be arriving in USO the day you leave :sad2:

I hope so too, but I see a dining overhaul coming to HS. I just don't know how they'd fit the restaurants into the new theme, but I hope I'm wrong. Some day, we'll be in Orlando at the same time, lol!

I'm in the same boat. (Well minus multiple nights). Can't wait to see how the new rides FPs work, but our FP day for that trip is in July. I do know one thing: we are riding that slinky dog coaster!

Same! I'm glad we'll get to see what comes out after the area opens. It will make planning much easier.

The Star Wars one is a lot of fun! I think the food sounds better than what's offered at the Fantasmic one.

I've read great things about the Star Wars one, just not sure now. DH is now only coming for part of the trip, which is good cause he agreed he wouldn't work while he's there, but it has thrown a wrench into some of my plans...

Just joining in. I wasn’t sure if you knew about the DVC complimentary Hollywood Studios nights. They are Sept. 19, Sept. 26 and Oct. 3. I know you will be there a week earlier, but it might be worth looking into. I checked the DVC site and a 2 bedroom at Copper Creek is still open a week later than when you have planned. We are hoping to attend the event on the 26th.

:welcome: I saw that too! Unfortunately part of why we chose our dates is DH and Mom's work schedules. Everyone in DH's company takes time off in September, not sure why, but we are locked into our dates now. I'm hoping to take advantage of some of the DVC perks, like I read there's a lounge in Epcot, but I'm still learning and reading about it all! I hope y'all enjoy the event! It's gonna be such fun, I'm sure!

Your plans look great for now! I am loving Ohana and Crystal Palace breakfast! And the SW Dessert Party!

I REALLY wanna do the SW Party, not sure it's gonna pan out for us now though, trying to re-work some stuff and get it in there.

I think you are smart to leave a few nights open for TSL, too. We are going in October for a short trip (MNSSHP and then probably one more park day). DH and I discussed it this weekend and he threw out AK, which I said was fine bc of Pandora (we didn't get to fully experience it and DH loved FoP plus I still need to try it out) but I mentioned DHS bc of TSL and he said, let's go with that. So I will plan for that but it is all going to be iffy until we get closer. I really feel like I can't fully plan for October until after our June trip, but ADR day is April 6th.

Nice! I'm glad you guys are going so often; getting the most out of that DVC! I agree, planning will be much easier once the area actually opens, and the boys will LOVE it, I'm sure! Speaking of DVC, can I ask, do y'all have an owner's locker? I'm thinking of using it to store soaps and stuff, but I'm not sure how it all works...???

Oh and so fun on a girls' trip! I am hoping I can have a Dis girls' trip one of these days, once I get my AP in June 2019!

That would be amazing! I'm thinking I'm gonna get an AP upgrade in September, but we don't plan on heading back, as a family in 2019. Plan, as of now is to bank 2019 points, and use them with our 2020 points for a stay then. Hoping the Star Wars Hotel will be open, but who knows! The DVC ownership combined with the TA gig has really given me the travel bug!

Let's Throw a Wrench In, Shall We?!

So, in an unsurprising turn of events, DH isn't able to come with us the entire trip. I kinda saw this coming. DH works three jobs; he runs an identity branding business, he's a co-owner of a co-op bookstore here in town, and he works for a startup company that does estate sale, liquidations and auctions here in Detroit. He likes to work, being productive makes him feel good, sane as he says, so I sorta knew he'd be coming late or leaving early. When he told me this week he wasn't sure when he'd be coming we set some boundaries for the trip, which I'm glad for, and a few things got changed. So, DD and I wll fly in Saturday the 8th, meeting mom and sis in WL. DH won't fly down until Tuesday the 11th and he will likely not joins us in a park until Wednesday the 12th; travelling takes it out of him, and since he will likely work that Tuesday, he wants to just chill in the room. I said that was fine, BUT that means NO WORK for the trip. Like none. Maybe an email, but as I told him, I don't want it to be like last year where he spends all his "free" time on the damn computer (I'll throw that thing off the balcony, I swear).

He begrudgingly agreed; the man is a workaholic! He did, however, request time in AK, so we are gonna drop a HS night and make it an AK night. And now I'm considering a switch and doing AK-MK on Thursday then MK-AK on Friday. I'm trying to figure in when would be best for DD to go to Pirate's League, and I was considering early Thursday morning, but if I switch our plans, that won't work. So, for now this is what we're looking at:

upload_2018-3-9_9-34-47.png

Mom wanted TS, so I thought we could use that to catch ROL and not use a FP for it. I'm planning for Friday night to be spent in Pandora, exclusively, so I'm hoping I can wing it that day at MK.

Here's my biggest question, and I think I know the answer:

If I book FP+ in AK can I change one FP, day of, to a MK pass?

Pretty sure the answer is no, so I'm hoping MK is slow that day and we can hit some of Elora's favorite rides there without long wait times. I'm super nervous about this actually, and might possibly drop the MK-AK thing all together and just do MK on Thursday then AK on Friday. We would miss ROL, but that wouldn't break my heart; was not a huge fan. And we'd get a second shot at HEA, which I love! The more I think about it, the more I'm liking this plan...

Thoughts, suggestions, warnings, are all welcome!

Sunday is ADR day! and I'm very excited. Once that's done, I need to chill on the planning front. Wanting to do so much is making me a little nuts. I also love to change plans, which can be tough with DH as he likes to know what's going on. Thankfully he has not seen any of this, lol!

That's all for now friends, hope all is well in your worlds!

Last edited:
I also recently became a DVC member and am taking my first trip home in September!!! The Epcot scavenger hunt sounds like such a great idea!!

Not if you have other FPs in AK.

Yeah, I sorta knew that...

I also recently became a DVC member and am taking my first trip home in September!!! The Epcot scavenger hunt sounds like such a great idea!!

Well hey neighbor! What’s your home resort? The scavenger hunt does sound fun and I’m thinking, for us, DD and her Baba would have fun doing it!

Well hey neighbor! What’s your home resort? The scavenger hunt does sound fun and I’m thinking, for us, DD and her Baba would have fun doing it!

Boardwalk and Wilderness Lodge (CCV) so we are neighbors!!! Wilderness Lodge is such a relaxing resort, close to MK but away from the craziness!

We are hoping to attend the event on the 26th.

We’re also hoping to go to the 26th HS Moonlight event! It will be a really cool way to celebrate our first trip as DVC members :-)

Last edited:
Boardwalk and Wilderness Lodge (CCV) so we are neighbors!!! Wilderness Lodge is such a relaxing resort, close to MK but away from the craziness!

We agree!

We’re also hoping to go to the 26th HS Moonlight event! It will be a really cool way to celebrate our first trip as DVC members :-)

That's awesome! I hope you guys enjoy it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!