Soarin v test track

Kkb0517

Mouseketeer
what builds lines faster in the morning after rope drop - test track or soarin?

Test track without a doubt.

It builds a line much faster, has longer lines throughout the day, and is much harder to get as an extra FP vs Soarin

All this. Given the tier 1 attractions at Epcot, I think TT is the best choice for FP. Because it goes down so often (especially in bad weather), it's really easy for a RD plan to fail. Soarin has better ride capacity, and is easier to get as a same-day FP after you use your first three.

Another vote for Test Track. It also goes down more often than Soarin'.
We usually do Soarin' at RD, but only because we have a FP for TT. If this goes down, you get an anytime FP.
We have been able to get afternoon FP for Soarin several times. While the line does get longer later in the morning, it loads faster and seems to be less crowded in the afternoon.

I'll say Soarin' just so I can be a contrarian, but the truth is Test Track builds much faster. :D

With the addition of the extra screen, Soarin's lines are not what they used to be. Its much more manageable, and as mentioned, easier to get as a 4th FP.

wow - I would have said Soarin' but it seems that isn't the case anymore. Interesting. I've only done the new version once. As far as TT, I don't even care if I ever do it again. It's so generic now without the story and the ride scenes are so dumbed down now. Like a warehouse of lashing neon lights ... I miss the original pre-show and do not enjoy the new design your car concept. Cop out.

Test track. And be at the front of the Rd crowd or else it’ll still be a long line.

It's so generic now without the story

To each their own, but I would argue there's still a story within it. You're not a crash test dummy anymore, but you're designing a vehicle and testing it against the conditions to see how it performs against other designers' cars. The commentary throughout the ride follows this concept all the way through.

what builds lines faster in the morning after rope drop - test track or soarin?
test track since it tends to break down a lot, sorin with 3 theater really does not get long lines for the first 30-45 minutes that the park is opened

What about the single rider line for TT? I am reading it can really vary, 10-60 minutes? I assume on the low end within the first hour of park opening?

What about the single rider line for TT? I am reading it can really vary, 10-60 minutes? I assume on the low end within the first hour of park opening?

We rope dropped Soarin and walked over to TT to do single rider. We got to TT at around 9:25 am and there were only 5 people in the single rider line. I would say the wait was probably less than 3-4 minutes. Single rider is not an issue for TT for the first hour.

As far as TT, I don't even care if I ever do it again.

I'm the same way. TT has much longer lines, but I'd rather rope drop Soarin' AND get a Soarin' FP than bother with Test Track. If it's a must-do for your family though, TT is the best FP option. If it's down during your FP time, you can get an anytime FP which sometimes works out better for people, depending on their schedule.

We have really good luck luck doing Soarin' at rope drop, hitting up that side of the park for Figment and Nemo. Then we do a TT 10-11 FP, usually getting there closer to 11. When we are off we do Mission Space FP (11-12). We then cross back over to eat at Sunshine Seasons before heading out and hitting Spaceship Earth with a 12-1ish FP. We have done that order many times with small stops in between for Innoventions (the kids loved the Colortopia experience), Club Cool, etc. Usually a really stress free morning and my step count is much lower those days since we are much more efficient with touring. We usually park hop in the evening then, so I will just grab a FP for there. We usually do World Showcase on our nights after an AK morning.

To each their own, but I would argue there's still a story within it. You're not a crash test dummy anymore, but you're designing a vehicle and testing it against the conditions to see how it performs against other designers' cars. The commentary throughout the ride follows this concept all the way through.
I agree. There's still a story there. I dont feel that it has been dumbed down. Personally I dont care for the part in the beginning where you design your own vehicle...but that goes along with the whole story.

Having said that. I always use the single rider line for TT and get a FP for Soarin.

I also vote that TT builds quicker and also add that we found the addition of the Disney Play Parks app at Soarin to be a very nice diversion. The kids had a fun time answering the trivia questions and tracking their progress and kept them entertained pretty well. I think it is a much more pleasant line than TT.

We like to get in the standby line for Test Track 5 minutes before the park closes. Between weather and mechanical downtime, we find getting a FP for it is a recipe to mess up our plans for later in the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter