Social distancing on planes?

If you bought the ickers as a single purchase, the airline knows you're traveling together ans specifically chose that middle seat. Now, ideally, they won't assign the aisle seat to anyone.
Well they allowed us to choose our seats; we made the flight purchase shortly before the covid nightmare, and they have allowed us so far to keep the seats we chose.
UPDATE: I stand corrected. Even though our return flight is not until Aug 19, they changed our seats so that DH would now sit in the next row behind me, in the aisle seat, *while leaving me in the middle seat where I had been*. I'm not sitting next to a stranger, so I changed my seat to the window one in the same row with him - even though we now have a seat between us, at least we are in the same row again. Everyone keep checking your booking because this is the second time they have not notified me of a seat change. (Last flight in Nov 2019 they did the same thing)

Last edited:
Just fyi - I'm not aware of any airline ever alerting a passenger of a seat change. Not even when there's an equipment change.

Just fyi - I'm not aware of any airline ever alerting a passenger of a seat change. Not even when there's an equipment change.

That’s good to know. As I said before, we are booked in row 2, window & middle on Jetblue. The aisle seat is showing unavailable but I don’t know if someone bought it or if JB blocked it. I have checked & our seat assignments haven’t changed. But I was thinking JB would notify us if they changed them. Good to know I should just keep an eye on them myself.

I am wondering if I call, can they tell me if that aisle seat in our row is booked or blocked? If someone is sitting next to me, I‘d rather know & move us to the next open row.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter