Soft Openings for New Rides

DaisyNY

DIS Veteran
Wondering if soft openings are usually offered to DVC members...We're traveling end of April and thinking fingers crossed we may be able to experience Mickey's Runaway Railway or Ratuotille ride? How are you typically notified?

Unfortunately, there probably will not be soft openings for the rides. I believe the last time Disney did any type of soft opening was for Pandora (correct me if I’m wrong) for annual pass holders. They may end up doing it for one or the other (or both!) but I wouldn’t count on it. If there is any type of soft opening/preview you would probably be notified by email but the emails can be glitchy and I’ve heard that some people don’t get the emails until after the event is full. As much as that would be awesome, I personally don’t think they will do it :(

As AP members, we were invited to preview Haunted Mansion when it was updated, which we did, and then I think as DVC and AP holders we previewed Pandora. My guess is we were invited via emails.

The DVC Pandora invitation was via email (we would up going the AP days though), and you needed to RSVP to attend. A Platinum or Premier AP was required for the Star Wars preview.

And they didn't do any previews for Toy Story Land. Believe they held an evening pass holder event in the fall, several months after it opened.

And they didn't do any previews for Toy Story Land. Believe they held an evening pass holder event in the fall, several months after it opened.
They also had some extra early AM AP holder events last September; we went to one of them (squeezed a long weekend out of it) that was well worth it. But then we looked and looked for the SW:GE email and did not get one at all - which makes me wonder whether they keep track of who's registered in the past, etc. and try to spread the wealth.

I remember being in MK in early November just before New Fantasyland opened, and they had short little soft openings. We got to do Enchanted Takes with Belle and may have done the Little Mermaid ride.

I doubt you will see any soft openings for RoTR for any level.
The Mickey/Minnie ride might have for DVC/AP as I don't think it would have the draw as they expected SWGE to have.
My wife and daughter were there for the DVC/AP soft opening for Pandora and loved it!

I don’t think they’ll have them, either, though a part of me is hoping as we leave DL about a week before it opens there. So sad!

Years ago, I remember an occasion prior to official opening, that TSM had an unannounced soft opening which we just happened to see as we were walking by. It was a walk on so we road it again and again and again. I still remember the cramp in trigger finger! LOL

Don't think that really is something they do anymore, though. so I wouldn't expect it to happen.

Fingers crossed...would love to see one of those two attractions opening before/during our trip. Thanks for the feedback!

They also had some extra early AM AP holder events last September; we went to one of them (squeezed a long weekend out of it) that was well worth it. But then we looked and looked for the SW:GE email and did not get one at all - which makes me wonder whether they keep track of who's registered in the past, etc. and try to spread the wealth.
They didn't do any preview for Galaxy Edge in Orlando, neither for AP or DVC. To be honest, the Extra Extra Magic Hours open to everyone onsite were absolutely amazing, not only at the Studios but at all three parks that had them. Best vacation ever, it will be sad to have to queue for attractions next time :)

We did the 24 hour day at MK in 2014, Mine Train was not scheduled to open until the next week. The day before people posted that it was running, so we got in line right at opening! Also rode it in the middle of the night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!