Solo Adventures At the World (March '18 PTR)

EsmeCullen

Mouseketeer
Howdy, my name is Pam and I am a self proclaimed Disney addict. I am in my mid 30s and am a technician with a cellular provider. As a child, I went to WDW many times as I lived the first 12 years of my life an hour away from the parks, so you could stay I had an early start when it comes to being a Disney nerd. I ended up moving to northern California at age 12, never to return to Disney World until 2009, when I visited Epcot for a day. I have visited three times since, with my last visit being in 2014 and it was for one day at the Magic Kingdom. However, I have visited Disneyland countless times since 2000 until now. I have decided that I am long overdue for a trip back to the world. Now, I will be going solo, which I have never done before but have toyed with the idea for awhile. I have decided to take the plunge. First a little more about me....

ye7BT4um.jpg

(me and my younger bro at Epcot, the cake is from WDW's 15th anniversary)

tcefbwcm.jpg

Name: Pam
Favorite Disney movie: Aladdin
Current Favorite Disney characters: Aladdin, Jasmine, Dr. Facilier and Hades
Favorite Disney Parks: Magic Kingdom, Disneyland, California Adventures, Animal Kingdom
Favorite Rides:Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout(DCA), Cali Screamin' (DCA)
Rockin' Roller Coaster
Favorite Disney Snack: dole whip

Favorite Disney Restaurant: Goofy's Kitchen at Disneyland and the Sci-Fi Diner at HS (though I don't think I will be dining there this coming trip)

PLANS

My trip will be from March 4-9th and I will get a 4 day ticket. I have decided to stay at POR Riverside. I booked a royal room and they gave me a discounted rate when I booked online. Originally I had booked ASMu, but I decided to switch to POR in hopes it is quieter. I do plan on using the Disney busses.

So far, I do not plan on getting park hoppers, as I want to take it somewhat slow at each park and stop and smell the roses. I feel like if I get a park hopper, I would be cramming the things I want to do into half days. At Disneyland, hopping is easier because there are only two parks and they are literally about 200 feet from entrance to entrance. Depending on where you are in the park, it could take as little as 5 minutes to hop. WDW is so much more spread out.

I still need to get my plane ticket, which I actually may do this payday. As long as I purchase my ticket by the beginning of January, by the time I am at my 60 days, I should be able to secure the fast passes I want. I probably should have booked the whole package through Disney, but I didn't have the money at the time to book everything together.

So far, this is the order in which I would like to do the parks:
March 4 (arrival day): Hang out at the resort (possible dinner at Boatwrights)
March 5: Animal Kingdom (ADR at Yak & Yeti at 1:30pm)
March 6: Epcot (ADR at Le Cellier at 3:40pm)
March 7: Magic Kingdom (after my 8:55am ADR breakfast at Boma)
March 8: Hollywood Studios (ADR at Prime Time Cafe at 1:05pm)

My goal is to try new restaurants as well, which is why I have an ADR everyday.

Stay tuned for more planning goodness....

Last edited:
Plane ticket booked! I also changed to Port Orleans Riverside as I want to splurge on myself, nothing wrong with that right? I was going to change to Caribbean Beach, but I don't know how I feel about the construction. Port Orleans was only about $50 more a night and it is within my budget and I was able to book a royal room for that $50 more a night. It costs an average of $264 a night. The downside is that I had to cancel Raglan Road because I get into Orlando at 6:40pm and I don't know how long the Magical Express takes. I may just eat at the quick service place and explore the hotel a little.

Our trips will overlap for a day or so. We are going March 8-13, staying at Port Orleans French Quarter. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your plans. You will love Yak & Yeti. It's one of our favorites! Boma is my favorite breakfast on property. You have made very good choices. Just remember to enjoy the Flower & Garden booths at Epcot. They are wonderful!!

Our trips will overlap for a day or so. We are going March 8-13, staying at Port Orleans French Quarter. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your plans. You will love Yak & Yeti. It's one of our favorites! Boma is my favorite breakfast on property. You have made very good choices. Just remember to enjoy the Flower & Garden booths at Epcot. They are wonderful!!

I am looking forward to it! Thanks for the reply

I've been away from Disboards for awhile, with the holidays and all. Also, I just recently visited Disneyland with my nieces and nephews. We had a great time! It is always fun going with kids. It's just horrible that I caught a cold while there and I am still trying to recover from it. It has been the most horrible cold I've ever had and I'm sitting here with the humidifier on and typing this. Anyways, the trip planning must go on, but first, here are a few pics from Disneyland...

31XaBa4m.jpg

myself, my niece and nephew and of course Mickey!

AorQofzm.jpg

The castle at night, during a show. They had snow blowers. It was so beautiful, I cried.

VfkCYmkm.jpg

The Haunted Mansion all made over with Nightmare Before Christmas. I love Haunted Mansion Holiday!

Now onto my updated plans....

A few things have changed as I had to make changes to accommodate my fast passes. Here they are below.

March 4th (Sun)
I land at 2:40 and have arranged Magical Express to Port Orleans Riverside. I did the online pre-check in for the hotel, so hopefully I will be in my room my 4:00pm or 4:30pm. I'll freshen up and then head to downtown Disney at 5pm because I made a reservation at The Edison for 6:00. I may stick around Disney Springs for awhile and shop a bit before taking the bus or boat back to the hotel and call it a night.

March 5th(Mon)
I'll probably wake up at 7ish and grab breakfast at the hotel restaurant before heading to bust stop at around 8 and going to Epcot.

Fastpass- Living With the Land (10:55am)
Nemo- standby
Test Track- single rider line

Fastpass - Frozen (1pm)
World Showcase shopping
Late lunch @ Le Cellier at 3:15
Relaxation time (maybe by the water with a pastry from France)
Gran Fiesta - standby
Figment - standby
Test Track - single rider
Fastpass - Spaceship Earth (7:15pm)
Take bus back to hotel

March 6th (Tues)
Again I'll get up at around 7 and grab something small and quick for breakfast because I have an early lunch reservation. This will be my Magic Kingdom day. Again, I'll go to bus stop at around 8am. OMG I am so used to Disneyland that I was trying to book the Indiana Jones ride when I realized, its only at Disneyland. It has been too long since I've been to WDW LOL.

Fastpass - Seven Dwarf's Mine Train (10:05am)
Early lunch @ Be Our Guest at 11:25am
Fastpass - Space Mountain (12:50pm)
Haunted Mansion- standby
shopping
Fastpass - Splash Mountain (3:15pm)

Big Thunder Mountain
Jungle Cruise
Magic Carpets

Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Party (7:00pm)
Go back to hotel

March 7th(Weds)
Wahoo! Animal Kingdom day! I'll get up early again and again either grab a quick breakfast or wait until I get into the park to eat breakfast.
Navi River Journey-standby

Fastpass - Kilimanjaro Safari (11:15am)
Lunch @ Yak & Yeti @ 12:45pm
Dinosaur (standby)
Everest (single rider, maybe twice)
Wander around, maybe explore Pandora, shop, get ice cream, etc
Fastpass - Flight of Passage (5:35pm)

Fastpass - River of Light (6:35pm)
Go back to hotel

March 8th(Thurs)
My final day (cue tears). This will be my day at Hollywood Studios. You will notice that I have not listed Toy Story. Not a fan of that ride. It spins too much for my taste. (At least the one in Disneyland does)
'Ohana Breakfast - 7:45am (I will Uber there)
Be at HS by 9:30 at the latest.
Fastpass - Star Tours(10:10am)
Rockin' Roller Coaster (single rider line)
Fastpass - Tower of Terror (12:40pm)

Voyage of the Little Mermaid or Indiana Jones Show
Lunch @ 50's Primetime - 2:15pm (or I may just do quick service)
Relax and shop
Rockin' Roller Coaster (single rider line)
Cry outside of the Great Movie Ride building because it is gone
Cry some more...
Muppet Vision 3D

Fastpass - Fantasmic
Go back to hotel, pack and sleep for a few hours.

March 9th(Thurs)
I'll get up at 4:00am so the Magical Express can take me to the airport at 5am for my 8am flight back to reality.

Last edited:
Yay, I got my Magical Express tag the other day. Only 27 days!!! Ahhhh! It's almost time!

Kuzco-dancing.gif

tumblr_n8yx9xJCLy1rn2pfqo1_500.gif

I am quite the indecisive bugger and have made more changes to my itinerary. At this point I am forbidding myself from making any more changes. Most is still intact though.

March 4
I changed my mind about going to the Edison. I have decided that when I get settled in my room, I will probably visit the pool if it is warm enough out, for about an hour or so. Or I may walk around the resort and explore. I do plan on taking the boat to Disney Springs by around 7pm. Shopping is on my agenda. There are a few stores I would liker to visit like he Coca Cola store and Lush. I'll probably grab dinner at the Earl of Sandwich and desert at Aristocrepes as I've been wanting to try one of those bubble waffle things.

March 5

I changed my Spaceship Earth FP to earlier(3:30) and instead of Le Cellier, I am having an early dinner at Via Napoli as their pizza looks divine.

March 6

I purchased EMM. I will only eat a little at the breakfast as I have an early lunch scheduled at BOG. During this time, I will probably ride Peter Pan and 7 Dwarves. I also have a fastness for 7 Dwarves but I know I'll want to ride it more than once.

March 7
I cancelled Yak and Yeti and plan on just having counter service. I know I want to eat at the Satuli Canteen.

March 8

I cancelled my Fantasmic FP and opted for the Fantasmic dining package at the Brown Derby. I then got FP for Rockin' Rollercoaster

I am following....Sounds like you're going to have a good time. I have been Le Cellier, but way back when it was a quick service restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter