**SOLO Central - WDW & DCL**

I've been meaning to post this and keep forgetting. I hope it's allowed. Note to the mods: apologies if this isn't allowed. Just trying to be helpful.

I was widowed last January and in March I joined a Meetup group called "Walking for Fun at Disney" and it was the best thing I did. The group has about 5k members (not all active, many join in only when they're on vacation in Orlando) and there are a variety of events every week. I suggest anybody coming to WDW as a single join the group. You'd be surprised at how many lone travellers join us along the way when we're at American Gardens at Epcot for a concert. The group is friendly, welcoming to newcomers and a lot of fun. Members are all ages, ethnic backgrounds, married and singles, from different walks of life (some are cast members) and they all have one thing in common: they love Disney.

There are several groups on Meetup that focus on WDW. You could join a few just to see what they've got going while you're in town. Walking for Fun at Disney has movies almost every Tuesday night. Another group schedules miniature golf every Sunday morning. You should be able to find something to do, meet new people and not be alone the whole time.

Have fun while you're here. I hope the weather is better by then.
Hi
I’m widowed but do have a partner now who’s not interested in Disney holidays. I’m coming to WDW from the Uk in June and would love to hear more about the walking group if you have time to share your thoughts. I have joined the group as I am an active member of walking groups here in the UK but would love to hear more about it.
I last visited as a solo traveller September 19 and met some lovely people. Doesn’t seem to be as many on here now?

Just booked my solo trip for May. I will check out some walking groups.
Hi,
Any plans/strategies you would care to share? I only stayed 4 days last time as it was part of a longer holiday.
If anyone else also has any tips I would really appreciate them. It’s changed a lot since 2019. No Fastpass for instance.

Hi,
Any plans/strategies you would care to share? I only stayed 4 days last time as it was part of a longer holiday.
If anyone else also has any tips I would really appreciate them. It’s changed a lot since 2019. No Fastpass for instance.

I have been active on the "Disney World Solo Travelers" Facebook page, where they share tips for solo travelers.
I'm planning to eat at bars/lounges only, and I'm putting together a comprehensive list I can send you when it's complete.
As far as Lightning Lane+ is concerned, I'm not planning on exhaustive park days and plan to do a bunch of resort touring, so maximizing LL+ hasn't been on my radar. I would assume the Theme Park Strategies board will be more helpful than me.

I have been active on the "Disney World Solo Travelers" Facebook page, where they share tips for solo travelers.
I'm planning to eat at bars/lounges only, and I'm putting together a comprehensive list I can send you when it's complete.
As far as Lightning Lane+ is concerned, I'm not planning on exhaustive park days and plan to do a bunch of resort touring, so maximizing LL+ hasn't been on my radar. I would assume the Theme Park Strategies board will be more helpful than me.
Thank you very much for your helpful reply

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter