Solo Excursions?

suzismini

Earning My Ears
My husband is a scuba diver, but I am not. Any suggestions for excursions in
Roatan, Cozumel, or Belize City that would be comfortable for me to do by myself while he dives? We are trying to decide which ports are best for splitting up

quite honestly, unless you plan on NEVER leaving the immediate pier area, I would NEVER do a solo anything in a foreign country unless you were already very familiar with it. book a ship tour or join a private one from your roll call( on cruise critic).

We just returned from a western itinerary on Freedom of the Seas. Hands down, my favorite excursion was the Royal Caribbean sponsored excursion to Maya Key in Roatan, Honduras. You board a small boat right beside where the ship docks and go to an island within sight of the ship. There is a beach with lounge chairs, a pool, an animal sanctuary and replica ruins. There is also a beautiful area to snorkel at the end of a long pier. They served a good lunch and there was a bar available. I would absolutely not hesitate to go there by myself. It was my idea of paradise.

I sailed on the Anthem and I too went diving at the majority of the ports during my cruise. I would recommend that in Belize and Roatan that you consider snorkeling. Aside from diving in Cozumel the only think I like to do in that city is enjoy the food and drink. In any event, I believe that as long as you book your tour through the ship and go with a group whatever port adventure you choose you should be fine. I hope you find something you enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter