Solo signature dining

Ordinarily, I don't like to sit at the bar. A table's quieter. However, for some reason I decided to try the bar at Jiko and the chef there was so nice to talk to. However, this was several years ago and she may not be there any more. If I were to go back solo, I think I'd request a table.

I traveled on business for decades so have no problem dining solo. I never gave dining solo at Disney a second thought. I've done it for decades (literally) and it was never an issue.

How is solo dining at Jiko if you want to sit at a table? I don't enjoy sitting at the bar alone. I have an ADR f my solo trip but am beginning to get cold feet.

Nice. I went solo this year and was offered the choice of the chef's counter or a regular table, and opted for the table. Good meal, good service. I've done a bunch of meals solo all over and generally had good experiences.

I will put in a plug for The Wave which has become one of my favorite places. Quiet and relaxing, nice without being too fancy, food and service have always been really good, and it's easy to get into. Totally recommend this for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Wow. I had no idea so many people dined solo at Disney. I went to NYC recently to visit a friend and went to a super fancy prix fixe meal when she had to work one evening. It was such a pleasant experience. I should definitely do it more often. There's no one else to please :). Flying fish and the chefs counter at Jiko are two that I've thought about before and will definitely be on my list. Lots of great ideas here!

I will be going solo and have ADRs at California Grill and Le Cellier for that trip. (Other places as well, but those two signature dining.)

I'd prefer less desirable locations to "extra attention" or "chatting" with the server/nearby tables. That sounds horrible. :lmao:

When I eat alone, I bring a book or iPad and don't want to speak to anyone other than to say hello and order my food. If a restaurant is more likely to give "extra attention," I'll take it right off my list.

None of the ones I listed have chatty servers or provide extra attention. That's one reason I've never gone to 50s Prime Time. I don't like that sort of interaction either. Sci-Fi is dark so it wouldn't be easy to use your iPad, but it's one of my favorite restaurants because of the movie trailers.

My first solo trip is in October. I usually travel a lot for work by myself and even on other trips. I have no problem dining solo no matter the level of restaurant. Casual or fine.. does not matter to me.
I have booked, and I would have to look at my itinerary to be sure, at least 3 signatures for this trip and I am so looking forward to it. When I go with who I usually go with, I have to stick to regular TS. So it will be nice to eat at some places I really want to try. monsieur Paul and stk Orlando are the two I can think of right off hand that I booked...for the life of me, I cannot remember the other...

I did a walk in at the Flying Fish last year. Sat at the bar and the bartender and server were both very nice. It felt very casual and I didn't feel rushed or awkward or anything. I love talking to cast members so that wasn't a problem at all for me. We didn't talk much but again it felt very relaxed. I just wanted to try the pork belly so I was there probably less than a half hour, but it was a very nice experience.

Have done solo at California Grill, regular table, Flying Fish sitting by the chefs counter, Citricos and Artists Point. By the most fun was Flying Fish. Had a great waiter and the chefs were fun to talk to. They have since remodeled so the experience at the counter may not be the same. Have never felt weird dining solo at any of the restaurants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter