Solo Traveler ADR Strategy

CDKG

DIS Veteran
We are getting close to the 180 day mark for marathon weekend and I would like to make a couple ADRs. Currently, I will be traveling solo. However, I do have friends in Orlando and may be able to talk others into joining me in Orlando for at least part of my visit. Also, I have at least one friend who will be running that weekend, but traveling with others. Bottom line, there is no way to know 6 months in advance who may be joining me for my ADRs, if anyone.

How do others typically handle this situation? In the past I have booked an ADR for 4 using names of friends/family in my MDE that are not attached to their accounts. Then, when checking in I have just let them know it will be a party of 3 or 1 or whatever... Any recommendations for a better way to handle this situation?

I am traveling solo for W&D and I made an ADR for California Grill brunch for 4 people in case anyone wanted to join me. I didn't bother putting names, I never do even when I travel with my family. Right now I have one other Dis-er who will be joining me. About a week before, if it's still just the 2 of us, I will probably call in to modify the reservation to 2 people and maybe someone else could pick up the reservation.

I am traveling solo for W&D and I made an ADR for California Grill brunch for 4 people in case anyone wanted to join me. I didn't bother putting names, I never do even when I travel with my family. Right now I have one other Dis-er who will be joining me. About a week before, if it's still just the 2 of us, I will probably call in to modify the reservation to 2 people and maybe someone else could pick up the reservation.
I thought you were required to put in names (half of my challenge). Did that recently change? Or, have I been making things harder on myself all these years? LOL!

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one in this position!

I don't think it's anything new. I've never put in names. I think Disney knows way too much about me already. They don't need to know who I'm having dinner with. LOL

I'm running Marathon Weekend too. Can't believe travel arrangements and ADRs will be booked before registration!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter