Some Cast Members Are Not Magical

Has the Level of Customer Service Declined at WDW?

• Yes

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • No

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters

dakotix

DIS Dad #852 from Central Massachusetts
So I've been (like many of you) to Disney World dozens of times. I've spent thousands and thousands of dollars. While WDW is grossly overpriced in many ways, I suck it up because the customer service is impeccable...or so i thought.

We took our foster son on his first ever trip this week. He's 3 years old so it was a short and sweet 3 day trip. He loved it and we loved watching him.

Let me preface this by saying most of the cast members were amazing as usual. But we did sense an air of negativity among the usually gleeful cast members -- especially the transportation cast members.

Our trip became hamperred a couple days before we got there by the fqct that my elderly mother broke her toe. So I had to scramble to get her a scooter. She was a bit nervous about operating the scooter but she did well on it. The only thing that she couldn't get the hang of was getting it on and off the buses. I assisted her with that as well as a handful of bus drivers.

One thig we noticed right off the bat was how crabby and unhappy the drivers were! At one point we had just arrived at EPCOT and my mom was strapped into her scooter on the bus. My mom looked a little concerned about getting herself off the bus so i offered to driver her scooter off the bus for her. She was buckled in so I motioned to the driver that i was going to unbuckle the seat belt and take my mom's place. He totally flipped out and said "oh no no no!" and then proceeded to give me the run down of what his job entailed. He spoke broken english so it was hard to understand everything he was saying. I heard enough to know I didn't need all that information. He went on and on for 2-3 minutes in a very chastising way outlining his job description. Meanwhile my mom is STILL strapped in and can't get off her stroller. i just through my hands up and told him i didn't care to know what his job entailed and if he could just assist my mom so we could get on with our day. Normally disembarking take s a minute or two but this went on for more than 5 minutes.

And he wasn't the only rude driver. We found that many from the transportation branch of the parks were rude. One gentleman at the Magic Kingdom who worked at the monorail station had the most grumpy attitude and would just huff and shake his head at people as he tried to guide everyone. There were two scooters needing to get into the monorail including my mom's. He was so nasty to us! He crammed the two scooters into the train in such a way that my 3 year old's fingers got pinched. Yup, thanks for giving my 3 year old a fricken meltdown buddy. What a jerk!

There were other instances including a very rude Magical Express driver. I just can't believe how unprofessional and unfriendly the transportation staff were. The cast members in and out of the parks were for the most part ok but you could still sense some just didn't want to be there. It was a bit reminiscent of a Six Flags experience.

The answer is absolutely yes (to the survey question)!!!

I think most are really good or at least adequate enough (I'm not really picky), but I cannot tell you how many times I got yelled out last trip for stepping over some line I shouldn't, not following some unclear security procedure, or for my magic band not scanning properly. Like at least once daily!!

I would be cranky working in the heat too but if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen!

I'm so sorry about your experiences. I think I was lucky enough to have mostly awesome CMs, including transport. Some transportation CMs who stood out to me:
-The DME driver let me sit in the front reserved row of the bus since it was almost empty. Then he saw me messing with my camera as we reached the main entrance sign, so he offered to slow down so I could get a good picture!
-On our very first bus ride of trip-going to Disney Springs for dinner-the driver noticed my sister's Happy Birthday button. So he played a Happy Birthday song/message on the loud speaker and gave her a big grin!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter