Some counter reviews from our October trip.

Cannot_Wait_4Disney

The Colombo of Cippolini.
One word of note on the meal plan. If you want the biggest size drink, it's best to ask for it. And sometimes they even put in the smaller size anyway.

Note 5 is top rated. Highly suggest
4 is excellent. suggest
3 is good. Suggest
2 is mediocre. It will do in a pinch
1 is a disappointment. Truly bad food. Note that things I just happen not to like won't get this rating. There has to be something genuinely bad about it such as a completely fatty steak sandwich or food not to proper temp.
0 means it's a genuine health hazzard ie not only was the food lukewarm, but something happened like chicken didn't get cooked.

1. Pinnochio Village Haus. We went to this place around 11 am for lunch. We have found it best on the meal plan to grab a banana for breakfast, and have an early lunch and eat dinner normal time. Food was delicious. I had the bacon and turkey Panini. Wonderful. They let DS get a pepperoni pizza with a kids credit minus the salad that the adults get. I thought that wonderful. The Wife had the Italian Sub which was good and BIL got the Pizza combo. The Pizza was food service but it wasnt' bad considering. I've certainly had worse food service pizza. For Desert, the wife got Canolli which was delicious. I'll have to look at the pictures to see what the rest of us got. But it was all pretty good. We got to sit in the area overlooking small world. Was a nice pleasant lunch. And when we got up to leave, the lines were out the door. So this place can get quite busy.
Food gets top ratings here. 5 of 5.

2. Everything Pop Food court. We arrived early the first day and we needed some lunch. So the wife and I got a mediterranean chicken flatbread to share with the rocky road cheesecake. Both were delicious as usual. Kiddo got a pepperoni Pizza. I had to buy it because it's not on the kiddo menu. But since the wife and I were sharing, and we didn't go over the number of adult meals in the party, I felt not the least bit guilty about it. It was the food service kind as usual and good. I forget what BIL got but he liked it. I ate the kiddo's carrot cake which he got with his pizza.
Food gets top ratings here 5 of 5.

3. Cosmic Ray's. We ate here before MNSSHP at about 5 pm. We got two ribs and chicken platters between the four of us and the kiddo wanted a hamburger so again we sort of gave him adult food but since we again did not go beyond the adults on the card, I felt not the least bit guilty about it. The Hamburger itself, a double bacon, was excellent and freshly made. One thing though. It comes in a basket with fries so it's hard to put the toppings on it.
One thing to keep in mind. During off peak hours, one or even two of the stations shut down. One was shut down at this time and thus the things normally served there were not able to be ordered. We didn't want them anyway so it didn't matter to us. Just a word of caution though. The ribs were nice and flavorful. Though the combo is mostly chicken. But two of those fed all of us quite nicely and it was a great MNSSHP. The chicken doesn't have all that much spice to it in the rub they put on. I'd like to see more. The ribs were good for quick service but were slightly fatty. Not to the point of being bad though. Flame Tree's were much better.
Food gets next to top ratings here. 4 of 5.
Another word of warning. During busy times, this is one of the most packed places on the entire property. So have an alternative in mind.

4. Columbia Harbor House. I tried it a second time and for the second time was less than impressed. It's usually quiet, so in a pinch when other places are full, it makes a nice alternative. We all had fish and chicken here. The quality of the fish at Long John Silvers was superior. As for the breading, it's all taste. It's a bit heavier and not as tasty as Long Johns. But some people like it that way. I prefer it the other way. The quality of the chicken was better at CHH than at Long Johns by far. For desert, the great apple pie was not on the menu. Instead we had a choice of an apple crisp or a cheesecake or the ubiquitous sugar free brownie.The food here was mediocre. Not bad. But not good. 2 of 5. Other than the Tuna Sandwich, I find it difficult to recommend anything here.

5. Toy Story Pizza Planet. The menu was limited here. Pretty much Pizza and a salad. Everyone gets pretty much the same thing. Pizza Combo and Salad. Now the Pepperoni was the same food service Pizza. But I really liked the Veggie pizza Mine had a bit extra of Garlic and Basil in it which I love on a veggie. Great. The rest was the food service. Deserts were standard. The Kiddo was allowed a full Pizza Combo here. For deserts we all either got cookies or a mickey rice crispy bar. Food was good. Eating is mostly upstairs or outside with the main floor taken up by video games.
3 of 5. We finally found something at MGM acceptable.

6. The Leaning Palms at Typhoon Lagoon.
BIL got the daily special which was a BBQ sandwich and Fries, which was good. Wife got the chicken Wrap which was excellent. My Hamburger looked like it had died 4 or 5 deaths. Blech. Kiddo wanted a burger but couldn't get one. They only had Hot Dogs, some funky grilled cheese pretzel that looked like garbage, and PB and J. But it came in a nifty sand bucket. The Hotdog was well a hot dog. Not a lot of toppings to choose from here either. Just bags of mustard, catsup, mayo, and relish.
Food was either 4 or 5, or 1 of 5, or 1 of 5 depending. There was no in between here in the party. Overall, I'd say Mediocre at 2 of 5 but that certainly wouldn't paint the whole picture. One nice thing though is they give you tokens to come back and get your desert. Kiddo had a rainbow pop, Wife had a nestlie crunch. BIL and I got mickey bars.

7. Lottawatta Lodge at Blizzard Beach.
I avoided the burger here considering what happened at Typhoon Lagoon. Mistake. I saw others with burgers coming out and they smelled fresh and delicious. We all ended up with chicken wraps here and the kiddo got a Hot Dog. The food here was good. Again we got drink tokens and this time we got the delicious Icecream between two chocolate chip cookies thing for desert. Yummy. Still not as good as the parks, but this was much better than the place at Typhoon Lagoon.
3 of 5.

8. Electric Umbrella.
At Epcot, we've decided that when lunch time comes, just hit somewhere close rather than tromp across the park. It's just too big and you can waste a ton of time walking to eat. I had wanted to try the place in the land. But we found ourselves on the MS/TT side of future world. Our FP's for Soarin didn't come good for awhile and we still had some stuff to do on that side of the park. So we hit the umbrella.
They have a nice toppings bar for the burgers. I got a double bacon cheese. The wife got the Roast Beef which was excellent in flavor and had a lot of beef in it. It could have been a bit bigger in size but was enough for her. Kiddo got the chicken nuggets but helped me with my burger. For desert we all got cheesecake. It was the premade stuff in the round containers but was good considering.
Food Excellent 4 of 5.

9. Tangierine Cafe.
This has been one of the best if not the best counters in WDW. With taking a newbie around, I was worried about many of my picks. Not this one. This time, however, it was the worst of our trip. With our policy of eating early we arrived at about 11. They weren't ready to open. So we had to kill 15 minutes in Morocco. No Problem. We just got the kid's mask and got it stamped and went next door to France to get a passport. Trouble is, even though they opened at 11:15, they were far from ready. The Shawarma was lukewarm at best. The other stuff seemed like it was last night's leftovers, and the kid's Pizza made Disney's food service Pizza look like the best pizza ever. If you can't serve the food at temperature, you get 1 of 5. The Baklava, was good though. You don't get a choice of any other desert on the meal plan and they refused us the large sized drinks too.
Food 1 of 5. Poor. I'll still go here because we've had such good meals there previously. The one place I was most confident in is the only place of them all that was truly a complete disappointment.

10. Flame Tree BBQ. This is one of our favorites and it did not disappoint. The ribs come with a rub on them, more like a Memphis style even though they say St. Louis. There is sauce you can put on at the counter. All seating is outside so be advised on a rainy day, you may want to head elsewhere. some of the seating is covered, but it fills up quickly during the wet and meanwhile, you've got to carry your food from the counter to the seating which can be a lengthy propostiion. The Ribs were excellent, the best on property. The Chicken was good too.
Food 5 of 5.

11. Everything Pop for Breakfast. We had some counter credits left over so we used em the last day. We got a pancake platter and the standard platter. Between the two of those, we did pretty good. We also got snacks for the trip home. Everything was to temperature and fresh. Nothing was all that spectacular but a good solid counter type breakfast.
4 of 5.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Thanks for the reviews, I'm looking forward to trying the flatbreads at Pop Century next month. Glad it was good! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter