Some on the DDP some not

LMC

<font color=green>aka 3senuf<br><font color=dark
Things are still in the early planning so may change but here's what we have so far. There are 4 staying on site with the free dining plan. Two off site (1 adult, 1 child). Can the 4 on site w/ free dining share their meals with the other two? We know it will be plenty of food just don't know if it is allowed. Is it allowed at CS but not at TS? If it is allowed, we just then purchase the drinks, any extra food we may need and leave tip for the two extra people. Any thing I forgot it this sharing plan is allowed?

As long as it's not a buffet meal you can share with no problem.

We shared our credits with non-DDP people in September and it was not a problem. We even used our DDE discount for the OOP meals. We plan to share again on our next trip. My daughter and family are coming down the last 6 days of our 2 week trip and we will have several leftover credits, so plan to treat them to several nice meals. We are also dining with many of our friends while in WDW and some are on the DDP and some are not. It wasn't a problem in September 2005, so hoping it won't be a problem at the end of this month either. Afterall, they are our credits and we are buying them, so it should be our decision how we use them.

Thanks for the replies. So, when we go eat, we will use 6 credits per meal for 6 people or use 4 or 5 credits per meal and share (still 6 people here).

Just hard to believe that we can go eat dinner for 6 people and only use credits for 4 people.

It's not just the buffet meals that you can't share. It is anything that is served as an "all you can eat" like the family style dinners at LTT and the skillet at Wilderness Lodge restaurant.

Anything that you order off a menu can be shared, whether counter service or table service. You'll end up ordering a beverage for your "extras," and possibly an entree and sharing the appetizers and desserts. Just a hint--some of the restaurants seem to have decreased the serving sizes. At the steak places (that list the weight of the steak) you'll know exactly what you're getting. At other places, it really depends on how much your party likes to eat. You can probably feed 6 off 4 dinners, but you might end up ordering a little extra. 5 off 4 dinners will be NO problem at all.
Just re-read your post...sharing with one adult, one child should be FINE.

You will get 2 checks if you order anything extra. One will show the dining plan credits used and the number remaining. The other will show the cost of the additional items ordered. That can be paid for with cash, credit card, or room charge. Just remember to add the tip for the extra items. It will help your server if you tell him when you order what you are ordering off the plan.

They don't frown on sharing--they are actually very helpful with it, sometimes making suggestions on menu items that are a little larger, etc. Bringing the extra plates is no problem.

In our case it would be a group of 7; 3 adults, 4 kids. My dh would probably eat his own meal but us other two adults can share. The kids can share sometimes too depending on the portion sizes. I know last trip, I ordered the chicken plate at Cosmic Rays and one side item and me and dd shared it. We paid for those though and have never used the dining plan. (Well it's all paid for I guess but we were not on the DDP)

We did this last Aug. on the free dining plan. We had friends join us for the last 2 days and we shared both cs and ts meals with them (they shared and so did we). They were so appreciative of the great, free food and we felt like heros "treating" when it didn't cost us a penny.

By the way, we ALWAYS tipped extra (and well) when we shared and 1 server did mention that was greatly appreciated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter