Some random questions about upcoming trip..

WickedWench

Ruthless Pirate turned Polynesian Princess
I have a few questions that are not at all related to each other, except that they're about my upcoming trip. :>

I want to make a PS for Blue Bayou 60 days out, but my 60th day falls on a Sunday. Is Disney Dining available to take reservations on weekends?

How do you get from the Grand Californian to Disneyland? Is there a walkway, or do I need to go through Downtown Disney? I did see a picture of Downtown Disney that looked like there was an entrance to the hotel from the DD area. Was I seeing this right?

I booked with Expedia for the first time.. I usually make my reservations directly with Disney. Can I call Disney with the confirmation numbers I got from Expedia to verify my reservation? Will I still get materials from Disney (luggage tags, pamplets, etc) even though I booked with Expedia? When do they send them out?

hmm.. I think that's it.. for now. :> Thanks in advance.

WickedWench said:
I have a few questions that are not at all related to each other, except that they're about my upcoming trip. :>

I want to make a PS for Blue Bayou 60 days out, but my 60th day falls on a Sunday. Is Disney Dining available to take reservations on weekends?

How do you get from the Grand Californian to Disneyland? Is there a walkway, or do I need to go through Downtown Disney? I did see a picture of Downtown Disney that looked like there was an entrance to the hotel from the DD area. Was I seeing this right?

I booked with Expedia for the first time.. I usually make my reservations directly with Disney. Can I call Disney with the confirmation numbers I got from Expedia to verify my reservation? Will I still get materials from Disney (luggage tags, pamplets, etc) even though I booked with Expedia? When do they send them out?

hmm.. I think that's it.. for now. :> Thanks in advance.

Yes, Disney dining is open on the weekends.

You get to Disneyland from the Grand Californian via Downtown Disney. There is an entrance into Downtown Disney so that makes it easy. It is about a 5 minute walk. There is a private entrance into California Adventure.

You can call the hotel directly to verify your reservation. If you give them your name and dates that should do it. I think I had to give them my Expedia number once when I was calling to verify. I always call any hotel I book thru Expedia just to be safe. Also, make sure you take your Expedia info, especially if you booked a package with tickets. Those Expedia vouchers are a necessity for the hotel to give you your park tickets. I have booked through Expedia several times and have never gotten any luggage tags or info. There is info on the hotel on Expedia's site and also a lot of info on www.disneyland.com

Just one more thing to add! You can also take a stroll over to the monorail in Downtown Disney and board that to take a swing through DCA and get off in Tomorrowland in Disneyland. Have fun! :)

JDarling said:
Just one more thing to add! You can also take a stroll over to the monorail in Downtown Disney and board that to take a swing through DCA and get off in Tomorrowland in Disneyland. Have fun! :)

Just to clarify the monorail route ....

When you go from Downtown Disney to Tomorrowland, the monorail goes through the esplanade (the area between the two parks), along Harbor Blvd, then winds its way around Tomorrowland before arriving at the Tomorrowland station. When you go from Tomorrowland to DCA, the monorail goes through DCA over the Golden Gate Bridge, through the Grand Californian Hotel, and then to the Downtown Disney station.

Nice, I'll make sure to ride it in both directions. Is it possible to stay on and ride the entire loop, as in WDW, or do you have to get off when you reach the station?

epcotfan said:
You have to get off at each station.

This is true during peak times & when the fireworks are about to go off. Otherwise, if the line isn't outrageous in Downtown Disney, you can ride roundtrip from Tomorrowland.

If you begin at Downtown Disney you have to get off at Tomorrowland station always.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter