Some reviews from 5/1-8-Ohanas, 1900 Park Fare, Sci Fi, HOB, etc

2xcited4wrds

Mouseketeer
Just back from week at POR. Here's where we ate with 3 kids:
Day 1- resort food court--good

Day 2- 1900 Park Fare for breakfast-----characters: Mary Poppins & Bert, Alice in Wonderland, Pooh and Tigger---great interaction----awesome make your own omelet bar--loved that!-----good food choices as well anything breakfast related was there----very crowded but characters came around without much wait at all.
Lunch---food court
Dinner--O'hanas-----LOVED IT!!!--- got seated as close to window as possible with 5 people---had the most awesome view of castle and watched it change colors throughout dinner----absolutely loved the green beans and salad--- our skewers of meat were just right---shrimp was our favorite----the kids activities was a hoot----the pineapple w/caramel sauce was yummy! --we will definitely do this again cousin!

Day 3 --breakfast at FQ--beignets--they were ok---from Louisiana and definitely not as good but still got my fix.
Lunch----Sci Fi ----the best themed resaurant in my opinion---got seated up front in a 3 seater convertible---they were so adorable--great waiter---really hammed it up with kids----kids got own drivers license----had salad and artichoke dip, burgers, shakes all good----the movies were hysterical--would do this again as well!
Dinner-POR food court

Day 4- breakfast Boatwrights---had banana stuffed french toast--very tasty---too much to finish---kids had huge mickey shaped pancakes--
lunch-- POR food court
Dinner---ESPN at Boardwalk---had portobello sandwich, burgers, etc. o.k. food, o.k. service---NFL football player was there doing an interview--great place if your a sports person---they tried to seat all 5 of us at a very tiny table which IMHO would only seat 2 anyway--asked to move to larger table---got seated by window looking out at Boardwalk---kids weren't real thrilled with this place

Day 5-- POR breakfast
Lunch--- Castle----had 12:00 PS--got seated right away--love the atmosphere--been before---had some pasta dish that was tasty--dh had the major domos? pie--loved it---decent service--we like this place
Dinner-- Liberty Tree---had 5:45 PS---got seated within 5 min--like how they announce where your fam is from--food was great!--loved everything except green beans--stuffing was yummy and roast---great character interaction--Pluto, Meeko, Minnie, and Chip & Dale--Pluto really gave ds a hard time for wearing a Buzz hat-- very funny---would do this again

Day 6- POR breakfast & lunch
Dinner - House of Blues before Cirque---huge portions--highly recommend sharing here---had jambalaya and gumbo --pretty good---huge kids pizza--the wall paraphanelia was very interesting--not sure would come back with kids but definitely by ourselves

Day 7 - POR breakfast
Lunch--- Animal Kingdom - Flame Tree BBQ---kids got ribs platter and split--they knawed to the bone so must have been pretty good---I just ate fries--did the voucher special they sell where you get water and ice cream later--good deal---
Dinner---Boatwrights---had yummy crab cakes and crab stuffed salmon over asparagus and dirty rice--really liked this--normal kids meal stuff--got some cheesecake to go--yummy

Overall I would have to say that service at each place was just ok--once we got food we never really saw servers again--refills were given at end of meal when ready to leave--if we asked for certain condiments like honey mustard it would take a long time to come back---not bad or rude just kinda slow---pretty much found this at every restaurant except Sci Fi--but we enjoyed every place we ate! Hope everyone has great dining experiences going soon!

Thank you for the reviews. I think we will have to try Ohana on our next visit. I see so many positive posts about it. :)

Thanks for the great reviews! :D

We'll be trying 'Ohana for the first time next month - I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it so much!

Sci Fi is a must-do for us every trip - we agree it's the best themed restaurant. ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter