• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Someone please tell me the rain will stop

grinningghost

<font color=green>Has a thing for the Swiss Family
Our trip is SO soon and all I hear is rain, mudslides, hail and other assorted weather horror stories. Is Anaheim being affected by this bad weather? Or is the Weather Channel over-generalizing So Cal weather?

sorry but it's going to rain until Tuesday night. You can check our local news station KCAL9.com and enter the zip code for Anaheim 92803.

It is nice and sunny right now. Don't worry about the weather until 3 days before you get here.

I used this site to get a forecast. How accurate is it? It is showing cloudy/light rain for the whole week we will be there (Feb 28-Mar 4)...except for the Friday. ::MickeyMo

I hate to say it - but it's rainy season in CA. And Feb/March are the best get-wet times. But - rain absolutely clears out the parks! If you can handle the parkas and getting a little damp, it's still a lot of fun to be at the parks in the rain. The first trip we took with our kids it rained sooooo much - but we all had a wonderful time and never waitied in a line!

scanmom said:
I used this site to get a forecast. How accurate is it? It is showing cloudy/light rain for the whole week we will be there (Feb 28-Mar 4)...except for the Friday. ::MickeyMo

Hey, I'm gonna be at DL on the 3rd and 4th of March. I use Accuweather all the time and find them highly reliable. I was on today and noticed the same thing..rain, rain, rain, but as someone else posted, people seem to be afraid to get wet and they leave the park. So, we should have the park to ourselves! I'm going for the Indy event and my only worry is, will they be ready for rain...will they have an alternate plan for inside activities. Would hate to think my $150 tix for the event will be worthless.

Just one data point - I put out a rain gauge yesterday about 2pm and took a reading today at noon. In that span we got 3.3" of rain. So there's "get a little damp" and then there's the stuff we've been getting here the last few days.

scanmom said:

I'd expect that's pretty general and would keep checking as it get closer - CA weather can change so quickly!

Actually, I love to go to the parks with a just a light rain. The crowds really do start to thin out with even just a little rain.

We were there in Jan. when there was some serious rain going on! We still had a great time and you should see our pictures - the kids in front of the castle, out in front of Pirates and on main street... without another soul in sight. Good luck with that on a nice, sunny day.

Plus, looks like you'll just miss USA Nationals and the chance of lots of cheerleader groups. I'd think that's probably a good thing.
:cheer2: :teeth: :cheer2:

PamNC said:
it never rained in Southern California. Like the song says.

PamNC

It doesn't rain - it pours!!! ;)

Yes, it's the rainy season. Too bad it's not like Florida - the 3 o'clock rainstorm that lasts half an hour!

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Boston Tea Party said:
WHOA, when is that?

USA Nationals for high school cheer/stunt/pom is scheduled for March 4th-7th in Anahiem.
Most groups will probably do at least a few hours at Disneyland while there. I'd guess they'll be somewhat spread out depending on their competition times - but you may see some groups there that weekend.

Of course it seems there are HS bands and such there often when we go - never have found it to be a problem. You just may not want to line up for an attraction behind the whole cheer squad.

diznygirl said:
It doesn't rain - it pours!!! ;)

Yes, it's the rainy season. Too bad it's not like Florida - the 3 o'clock rainstorm that lasts half an hour!

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

when does the rainy seson end/taper off ?

we will be there April 6-8th

It's usually just Feb (maybe a little march). You should be okay. (but the weather has been crazy, so who knows?!)

Good luck!

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter