Something About Nothing ... #12

Hey all-
Busy few days, did read through but no hope of catching up as it was usually before falling asleep.
Baby chicks are getting their feathers, look a bit ragged. Personalities taking shape too-yellow one loves to be held. Charlie is FAST and is a task catching her when she is out, but will settle right down and sleep with neck all stretched out. Tiana takes it all in, and is very very vocal about stuff. Taking them out of brooder a couple times a day to get their "hops" out: they hop, jump and pretend to fly all over-my living room is covered in old beach towels when they are out. Older hens want nothing to do with the babies.

Older kid got her internship: going to New Mexico, university of New mexico in Albuquerque, with 3 weeks field work in Alaska. Dates are such that we probably wont see her much before her internship starts. And DH's oldest daughter is a finalist in Young investigator of the year for the European society of Cardiology Heart failure association-means she gets an all expense paid trip for her (and spouse) to Greece later this spring, and they decided to spend a few days in Milan as well. Then she is off to Norway and Sweden to present her research as well. Means she won't be in florida in time frame we are there though.

COmmittee met this am to get stuff inventoried for our Cajun cookoff event this saturday, went to lunch after at Mexican place where friend is manager. Anyone watch DAys of our Lives? our waiter used to play Phillip Kiriakis (Jay Kenneth Johnson). He said he may be reprising role...Nice man.

:hourglass

48 HOURS TILL VEGAS!

Hopefully no Benzene Alerts and Shelter-in-place warnings!!! :mic:
OOH have fun at the concert!!

WM/sams complex cause we ran out of

Bacon:eek:
NO BACON?? Hope the odds were ever in your favor!

On 2nd thought, it’s vegas, you’d probably never notice!
Especially Fremont street!!

The frogs were real. Almost fake looking, but definitely not.
Very cool!

Ugh have Charlie and Tiana crawling on me and standing on keyboard.

Hope safe travels for Schumi and HI to all other peeps!

Last edited:
Monykalyn sounds like the kids are doing well! New Mexico and Alaska will be a great experience. And congrats to oldest too!

I haven’t watched Days in years. I do recall the name but can’t put a face to it.

Those chicks sure do grow fast! I guess Hens aren’t very maternal creatures!

Good evening everyone. We got the dress in for alterations. If B were a few inches taller or liked to wear heels it wouldn’t have needed hemming. While we were at the shop I overheard one girl tell her father that she was going to wear Converse with her prom dress.

Another time we were flying out of SeaTac so we go down the day before and do some shopping etc. Get to Florida and realize my Visa is missing in my wallet. Tore hotel room apart, no Visa. Must have left it in Seattle in one of the (many) stores we went to :rolleyes1 Called bank. In 24 hrs had new card! No wonder I have nightmares before travel lol.
That happened to me once. I forgot where were were going, but I had made a purchase in a shop in the Atlanta airport. Later, just before we were to take off I realized that I didn’t have my debit card with me. I called the shop and it was still there. I just had them FedEx it to the hotel I ws going to.

OK...I've created a MONSTER! Dear Bride tells me I need to go get a haircut, trim my beard, AND-GET THIS CRAP- BUY NEW CLOTHES for VEGAS! ...TODAY!!! Ummm...
Sorry Honey Dear, But but if Donny thinks less of you 'cuz you married a Cargo Short Wearing, Theme Park Going Hobo, SO BE IT!!!

(He says as he's headed to the Men's Warehouse...) :love2:
Thanks for the laugh. I read this to my husband and he asked me if I thought he needed to buy new clothes for Vegas. I’m not going with him, so I really don’t care. He’s going for a professional convention, so I assume he will dress appropriately.

Busy few days, did read through but no hope of catching up as it was usually before falling asleep.
Baby chicks are getting their feathers, look a bit ragged. Personalities taking shape too-yellow one loves to be held. Charlie is FAST and is a task catching her when she is out, but will settle right down and sleep with neck all stretched out. Tiana takes it all in, and is very very vocal about stuff. Taking them out of brooder a couple times a day to get their "hops" out: they hop, jump and pretend to fly all over-my living room is covered in old beach towels when they are out. Older hens want nothing to do with the babies.
Sounds like you may have a new cuddle chicken.

Older kid got her internship: going to New Mexico, university of New mexico in Albuquerque, with 3 weeks field work in Alaska. Dates are such that we probably wont see her much before her internship starts. And DH's oldest daughter is a finalist in Young investigator of the year for the European society of Cardiology Heart failure association-means she gets an all expense paid trip for her (and spouse) to Greece later this spring, and they decided to spend a few days in Milan as well. Then she is off to Norway and Sweden to present her research as well. Means she won't be in florida in time frame we are there though.
Congratulations to both of them.

The picture of the artificial looking real frogs reminded me of a shopping center that used to be in Atlanta. It had a “sculpture” of dozens of little gold frogs that were facing this globe like thing. A friend of mine called it Temple of the frog god.

ra47mc.jpg

Quiet morning for me, so nice.

Guess the power company was not done fixing the cable, as when we came home from the Zoo yesterday, had to reset everything, and house felt cold for a few minutes. Hope they don’t need to do any more fixing.

Very cute chicks, MonyK. And great to the daughters successes. So awesome places they both will be.

Charade, that is nice not much to alter on B’s dress. Little one is fond of high heels, so that is what she is wearing, which is why I think very little hemming. Maybe some will wear sneakers, but I think most wear heels, because they like them and like to take pictures wearing them, then the heels go in a pile while they dance.

Not much today, grocery shopping, and got little one to agree to watch Wonder Park with me. I know it is more a kids movie, but I don’t mind. There was not much else I was really interested in seeing in the movie theater.

5C3371E9-ADA7-4C9A-BD2E-FCDFEF6DAF81.jpeg

Later homies, tea for me, and the remote. Starting the day with a smile, hope all the homies do too.

And Buckeev, hope you look dapper and have a great time in Vegas.

Schumi, safe travels, with no issues, and happy you had a nice time. Looking forward to your excellent trip report.

Morning all, 2nd day of sunshine here, we are on a roll:flower1: Snagged two, four # pkg of bacon at SAMS should last for a bit. I always repackage and plop in freezer. Today making chicken wings & fries/gravy for dinner. Have been hankering for them some time. Should give the pooch a bath, odds not good lol

Last night dinner @ red Robbin, was busy and food decidedly off, surprised as usually a good meal at that location. Hope they didn’t get a new cook. Best part of Capt Mar-vel was the kittie:pFamily reported the LEGO movie was not up to par.
OK...I've created a MONSTER! Dear Bride tells me I need to go get a haircut, trim my beard, AND-GET THIS CRAP- BUY NEW CLOTHES for VEGAS! ...TODAY!!! Ummm...
Sorry Honey Dear, But but if Donny thinks less of you 'cuz you married a Cargo Short Wearing, Theme Park Going Hobo, SO BE IT!!!

(He says as he's headed to the Men's Warehouse...) :love2:

My better half hasn’t purchased an item of clothing since I took the helm, let’s just say i’m His stylist and he appreciates it. Some men just are not shoppers.

LolaView attachment 390283she really is looking a bit ragged with quills, fluff being replace with feathers.

L-o, l-a...Lola ::yes::strikes me as a great name for a chicken.

Happy Sunday all!!

Lynne- love the zoo pics!! Cute frogs!:)

Monyk- Precious, precious baby chicks!!:)

Robo- great minion memes!! :thumbsup2

My better half hasn’t purchased an item of clothing since I took the helm, let’s just say i’m His stylist and he appreciates it. Some men just are not shoppers.

Yep- would NEVER send Joe clothes shopping on his own! :eek: I still pack for him, too!!
Luckily, the boys are good at both shopping and packing! :thumbsup2

:wave: Sue, Mac, Charade! and all others just getting started today!!

Still unpacking from our trip! When we come home and go right back to work, it takes us a bit to get unpacked and organized! A little housework and working on company financials at home today!

Hey- it's in the 40's!!:cool1:

Have a great day!!

5a60fcc2e239728f065691323a6381f5--i-love-cats-happy-sunday.jpg

I try to avoid the stores on the weekends but since it was...

Snowing:rolleyes1

Yesterday, just couldn’t wedge myself out of the warm house. Several stops to make, including the dreaded WM/sams complex cause we ran out of

Bacon:eek:

But who is counting? Lol

You lost me on crawfish. Have no problem with shrimp but anytime they leave the head on something, it creeps me out...even lobster, will only order the tail.

Congrats to your DS, his career is taking off!

You ran out of bacon!!!!! Noooooo.........always dread that happening.......

The crawfish were nice......but so much effort for not much reward.......shrimp were amazing but you do get them with heads, tails and everything in between......hence the gloves and bib......it is messy.......but so good!!!

Thank you........he’s doing good!!!!

Happy Saturday! Sun is out and we're taking the topless car out later. It's been forever!

Last night I started thinking about maybe switching to Hard Rock from RPR for our next trip. It's about $35 more per night. I thought I had heard good things about HR Club Level compared to RPR but recent posts sound just the opposite. Any thoughts?

I wouldn’t use the HRH Club Lounge........it is much smaller, and I mean smaller........last visit we spoke to a family who had one night there and transferred to RP Club level and were much happier.......they couldn’t get a seat in HR and it was very cramped. Beer and wine were served outside the lounge as there was no room. They have admitted this is a problem. There have been a few negative reviews around recently........been in both and RP is far superior........

Morning all, 2nd day of sunshine here, we are on a roll:flower1: Snagged two, four # pkg of bacon at SAMS should last for a bit. I always repackage and plop in freezer. Today making chicken wings & fries/gravy for dinner. Have been hankering for them some time. Should give the pooch a bath, odds not good lol

Last night dinner @ red Robbin, was busy and food decidedly off, surprised as usually a good meal at that location.

We came back to sunshine today.....yay, glad you have some nice weather too........food sounds good.......we met a family from your City......and guess what.....they hate the cold too!!

The RR on I Drive is somewhere we looked at trying but friends at the hotel said don’t go.......I trust their judgement so kept away.....funny how some locations are better than others.

Oh my goodness I agree!!! Tom has never shopped for himself since we met........would never occur to him to go on his own.......of course the fact we spend every waking and sleeping moment together makes that unlikely......:rotfl:Your Mister always looks good so you make good choices for him...........

Thanks to you for the safe travel wishes......always appreciated........

Had a wonderful trip........fabulous flight home. Quietest night flight ever!! Even the almost 7 month old baby on the other side of us never made one sound, he was adorable and couldn’t take his eyes off of Tom! So cute........then he slept all flight. Have to admit we slept for around 3 hours which is unusual and happy we did. One of our three pilots was the senior training pilot and actually he was seamless......barely even felt us taking off and apart from the turbulence through the cloud after we took off it was perfect.....and the smoothest landing ever!!!!

Good journey home with car service we had.......Tom and I both managed to snooze (sleep soundly apparently) for almost 90 minutes, made the longer journey much more palatable. Have them booked for our May trip too. More expensive way to do it, but so much easier so it’s worth it.

Seeing Kyle was was lovely :grouphug: had a good old catch up and stayed up this time, didn’t go to bed at all........did laundry (don’t laugh Janet) and most of it all done now. Had takeout food as always and now trying to stay awake till at least 10.30pm....almost two hours....not sure I’ll manage it.

Nice to be home though.......hope everyone’s good........

Good evening everyone. Today was a nice lazy day - Church, lunch, nap. Unfortunately I napped too long and too late in the day.I’ll be up for a while now.
We had a gorgeous spring day today. We still have our windows open.

Lynne - How was Wonder Park?

Keisha - I loved watching Nick Fury’s interaction with the cat.
Dh is actually a better shopper than I am. I hate shopping with him because he is a browser and I am more of a get in, get it, and get out kind of person.

B hates shopping. I practically have to force her to get new clothes when she needs them.

Schumi - Glad to hear you had an enjoyable trip home. Hope you got a good night’s sleep.

We are going to have a very late supper tonight. I’m thinking waffles, eggs, and bacon.

Oh, I have NO PROBLEM SHOPPING...Except for fancy clothes! We've owned a screen printing company for over 30 years, so I "might" have a T-Shirt or two. I told my wife I was gonna buy a dang purple suit in honor of his holy toothiness and she about came unglued. :sad:

Charade, I liked Wonder Park. Was a longer movie than I thought it should have been, but it did keep all the kids in the movie theater quiet the whole movie.

I enjoyed much of the animated characters, as they were very well done. Nice G movie, that for most kids was a gentle way of showing sad feelings and how to get over them.

Quiet night, which is fine for me. Back to routine soon enough. Made steak sandwiches with fried peppers and onions for dinner.

Last night dinner @ red Robbin, was busy and food decidedly off, surprised as usually a good meal at that location. Hope they didn’t get a new cook. Best part of Capt Mar-vel was the kittie:pFamily reported the LEGO movie was not up to par.

L-o, l-a...Lola ::yes::strikes me as a great name for a chicken.
We also picked up several pkg of our thick bacon, sale! Also in freezer now. Too bad about the below standard meal. Guess it can happen anywhere. We have 2 Red Robin near us. At opposite ends of town. Haven’t been in awhile but I like them.

Good evening everyone. Today was a nice lazy day - Church, lunch, nap. Unfortunately I napped too long and too late in the day.I’ll be up for a while now.
We had a gorgeous spring day today. We still have our windows open.

Dh is actually a better shopper than I am. I hate shopping with him because he is a browser and I am more of a get in, get it, and get out kind of person.

B hates shopping. I practically have to force her to get new clothes when she needs them.

We are going to have a very late supper tonight. I’m thinking waffles, eggs, and bacon.
Semi lazy day here! Church, mall, Mac had a 25% sale, home for a rest, dog walk, then had to meet a friend back at the mall.

Happy Sunday all!!

Yep- would NEVER send Joe clothes shopping on his own! :eek: I still pack for him, too!!
Luckily, the boys are good at both shopping and packing! :thumbsup2

:wave: Sue, Mac, Charade! and all others just getting started today!!

Still unpacking from our trip! When we come home and go right back to work, it takes us a bit to get unpacked and organized! A little housework and working on company financials at home today!

Hey- it's in the 40's!!:cool1:

Have a great day!!

Takes me weeks to unpack. I go into denial that vacay is over lol. I’m glad I’m not the only one that doesn’t shop for my husband! Well, I do sometimes if I see something I think will suit while I’m out and about but mainly he gets his own stuff.

You ran out of bacon!!!!! Noooooo.........always dread that happening.......

The crawfish were nice......but so much effort for not much reward.......shrimp were amazing but you do get them with heads, tails and everything in between......hence the gloves and bib......it is messy.......but so good!!!

I wouldn’t use the HRH Club Lounge........it is much smaller, and I mean smaller........last visit we spoke to a family who had one night there and transferred to RP Club level and were much happier.......they couldn’t get a seat in HR and it was very cramped. Beer and wine were served outside the lounge as there was no room. They have admitted this is a problem. There have been a few negative reviews around recently........been in both and RP is far superior........

The RR on I Drive is somewhere we looked at trying but friends at the hotel said don’t go.......I trust their judgement so kept away.....funny how some locations are better than others.

Thanks to you for the safe travel wishes......always appreciated........

Had a wonderful trip........fabulous flight home. Quietest night flight ever!! Even the almost 7 month old baby on the other side of us never made one sound, he was adorable and couldn’t take his eyes off of Tom! So cute........then he slept all flight. Have to admit we slept for around 3 hours which is unusual and happy we did. One of our three pilots was the senior training pilot and actually he was seamless......barely even felt us taking off and apart from the turbulence through the cloud after we took off it was perfect.....and the smoothest landing ever!!!!

Good journey home with car service we had.......Tom and I both managed to snooze (sleep soundly apparently) for almost 90 minutes, made the longer journey much more palatable. Have them booked for our May trip too. More expensive way to do it, but so much easier so it’s worth it.

Seeing Kyle was was lovely :grouphug: had a good old catch up and stayed up this time, didn’t go to bed at all........did laundry (don’t laugh Janet) and most of it all done now. Had takeout food as always and now trying to stay awake till at least 10.30pm....almost two hours....not sure I’ll manage it.

Nice to be home though.......hope everyone’s good........
One should never run out of bacon! Lol.
Sounds like RR is much like Olive Garden, location dependant.
I’m so glad they give you gloves. It’s going to be a learning curve on how to get heads off the the shrimp! So agree that the effort must be worth the gain.
I don’t think I’ll bother with CL at HRH, pics didn’t look great. We may have to cancel anyway for Sept. have to wait until friend knows for sure. We will reschedule for a later date if we have to cancel Sept, want to get 2 trips out of AP!

Multi quotes not working well. Have to go back to see what I missed.

If you are a Walking Dead fan, tonight was a great episode

Playing catch up now for the thread here

Hope all had a fine weekend!
Haven’t watched yet. Had to go out earlier so recorded it. Will watch in a little while! I’m loving this season!

Sue, hope you are recording Talking Dead also as it filled in a few things

It’s gonna be a long night for me as the encore show will be on 12:30 to 2:00 am

Sue, hope you are recording Talking Dead also as it filled in a few things

It’s gonna be a long night for me as the encore show will be on 12:30 to 2:00 am
Thanks, just set the record for the midnight show. I still haven’t watched tonight’s Walking Dead show. I think I may save for the morning now since it’s already 11pm here now. So may turn on a boring show so I can get to sleep, lol

funny-animals-116.jpg
HeHe,
dog-humor-stages-of-getting-out-of-bed-puppies.jpg

Back to routine. Yep, that pre-dawn commute.
large.jpg
or
car-humor-funny-joke-road-street-drive-driver-mondays-cat.jpg
HeHe.

While it's dark out, I usually don't turn on my outside lights, as my car is not far from the house. Well, stepped out the door, and swear I saw something dart under my car. Er, okay. Noisily walked around the car, and as I opened my car door, a rabbit shot out the back from under the car. Sorry bunny. Ah, it's that time of year. And a balmy 53. Nice, but interestingly, that early morning temp, is also the high today. Rain too, to let the late afternoon commute most likely be wet. Yep. April showers. Close enough. LOL

funny-monday-morning-meme-picture-must-be-monday.jpg
, So, it's tea time for me. Later homies.

Hope you have a great day, and glad to hear Mac enjoyed the Walking Dead last night.

Also glad Schumi is home, happy, and ready to fly over the pond in another couple of months.

Finally, sales on bacon. Ah, all is right. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!