Something About Nothing ... #12

Happy Monday all!!

Bright sunshine today and mild temps!!

Lynne- glad it was a bunny! I'm always scared a skunk will be my visitor!!

Mac- commute and clocks for many many years for me! Have to support my vacation habit!:laughing:

:wave2: to all peeps getting going this Monday!!

Look what popped out of my desk!! :rotfl: If only!!

Sue, hope you are recording Talking Dead also as it filled in a few things

It’s gonna be a long night for me as the encore show will be on 12:30 to 2:00 am
I fell asleep during the first run and had to watch the encore too. That's what happens when you have to get up at 6 am to get ready for work....good episode though ...hope Sue was able to watch since they mentioned some had trouble with the first show not recording the full length.

Glad to see Carole and Patty made it home safely.

Time to get going and cut the grass before it rains this afternoon....I think I'm gonna need another cup of coffee :coffee:

Have a wonderful day everyone :flower1:

Yeah, could have been a skunk, cat, or fox as well, Patty. Glad to hear you get sun and mild temps. We have gray skies and 50's. I would not say sunny or mild. Though they are saying this rain maker is a one day dumper, and we will have 2 days of full sun the next 2 days. Saying by the end of the week, 70's. What? So happy about that, if true.

Will walk today, and maybe take my sunglasses, though from the window, most likely won't need. And if I bring my umbrella, then it won't rain. I hope. LOL

images

Hope your second cup of coffee, was just as good Tink. Yep, early riser I am during the week days. So I hear ya.

Back to routine. Yep, that pre-dawn commute. or

While it's dark out, I usually don't turn on my outside lights, as my car is not far from the house. Well, stepped out the door, and swear I saw something dart under my car. Er, okay. Noisily walked around the car, and as I opened my car door, a rabbit shot out the back from under the car. Sorry bunny. Ah, it's that time of year. And a balmy 53. Nice, but interestingly, that early morning temp, is also the high today. Rain too, to let the late afternoon commute most likely be wet. Yep. April showers. Close enough. LOL

So, it's tea time for me. Later homies.

Hope you have a great day, and glad to hear Mac enjoyed the Walking Dead last night.

Also glad Schumi is home, happy, and ready to fly over the pond in another couple of months.

Finally, sales on bacon. Ah, all is right. LOL
Well, at least your temps aren’t in the minus now! Highs to 55F here today, rain tonight. Who washed their car :magnify:
A couple of nights ago there was a cat fight in our garage! We haven’t had a skunk around in awhile. You can sure smell them!

I fell asleep during the first run and had to watch the encore too. That's what happens when you have to get up at 6 am to get ready for work....good episode though ...hope Sue was able to watch since they mentioned some had trouble with the first show not recording the full length.

Glad to see Carole and Patty made it home safely.

Time to get going and cut the grass before it rains this afternoon....I think I'm gonna need another cup of coffee :coffee:

Have a wonderful day everyone :flower1:
No problem with my recording. I’m glad I didn’t watch last night before bed! Lol. Will watch Talking later today. Glad Mac gave me a heads up on recording it. I’m going to need a few explanations!

Yeah, could have been a skunk, cat, or fox as well, Patty. Glad to hear you get sun and mild temps. We have gray skies and 50's. I would not say sunny or mild. Though they are saying this rain maker is a one day dumper, and we will have 2 days of full sun the next 2 days. Saying by the end of the week, 70's. What? So happy about that, if true.

Will walk today, and maybe take my sunglasses, though from the window, most likely won't need. And if I bring my umbrella, then it won't rain. I hope. LOL

Hope your second cup of coffee, was just as good Tink. Yep, early riser I am during the week days. So I hear ya.
At end of week sounds like you’re getting our last weeks temps. Does the weather pattern go from west to east I wonder?

Quiet day today, nothing planned. Except maybe search for DL flights. I hate doing it while Canadian dollar is down but they’re projecting fares will go up from grounding the 737 Max planes. Alaska doesn’t have any, but maybe an overflow from the other airlines? Time to start watching.

Next 2 days busy with dentist appt, dog groomer, tax accountant, friends birthday luncheon, and it’s time to switch out winter clothing from dresser & closet, and put in spring/summer. Then I can start to lay out clothing I want to pack!

Good morning everyone :wave2:...It was a tough week being really sick. When I catch something I seem to get hit harder. I couldn't even look at a computer screen, tv or anything my eyes and head would hurt. Feeling a little better not great though. I have missed everyone and wanted to stop by. I was only able to catch a few things posted.

It's slowly warming up during the day, I can't wait to wake up to warm weather and not need a jacket. Meals were very basic this week, mostly pasta with different things. It is one of the easiest things to make when I am down for the count.

Liv and the group handed in their roller coaster project today and have to present. I feel bad because it was done at my house ( we have all the tools and the basement) and unfortunately the other two couldn't come over as often so a lot fell to Liv. They are upset cause they feel they didn't do as much. Liv told them she is putting they all did equal amount. Liv just cares about the grade not who did what. I hope they will be okay. I guess there are rumors going around that Liv did most of the work. She thinks that is why people don't work with her much. The truth is she would let them but they don't step up and she is not going to get a bad grade for it. Brian did help with some of the construction and the tools. I think it was fine but who knows. She is very nervous about presenting but I told her she will be fine.

Liv and I couldn't get to look at shoes last week with me being sick, so hoping to do that this week. I hope she can find what she wants.

Schumi Glad that you had a great time and a good flight home. It is nice to be home after a trip especially coming home to your son. Congrats to your son for being chosen for his job!

Lynne Loved the pics of the zoo. The aardvark is so cute!! Have you been on the safari at six flags NJ. If you get off at the camp they have Archie the ant eater. I have a picture of him sticking his head in a bright orange cone and walking around. They are so cute to watch. Oh and I have a picture Archie painted with his paws. NJ does this with some of the animals to raise money. I have another from Joyce the elephant. They are amazing to have on my walls.

Monykalyn I love the pic of the chicks. They are so adorable. How nice to see your son with the chick. I hope they continue to bring you guys joy. Congrats to your kids on their expeditions.

Buckeev Enjoy Vegas!!

Mac I didn't get to see the walking dead yet. I am hoping to watch it tonight. I have heard it is good. I wish I had seen your recommendation on the Talking Dead. I will try and find it. I hope you and the kitties are doing well.

Charade I thought B's dress was very pretty, I am glad she is happy with it. Oh good you got it back you guys must feel better now. That is funny you mentioned the converse because the sales associate who sold us the dress recommended Liv to wear converse cause she doesn't wear heels. Liv is going to do silver flats. I am sure you will need lots of snacks for the bus trip make sure you get your favorite!!
I hear you Liv can't stand shopping either unless it is something specific she wants. It's like pulling teeth.

Patty Happy unpacking and organizing. It takes us a while too. Glad your trip was great and what you needed. Glad your temps are rising. Oh and I would love to have that cute orange boy pop out anytime!!

Keisha Glad you had a great night's sleep. It is amazing how you feel when that happens. I don't have that often but boy does it feel good. Yea my family had the same reaction about the kitty in Captain Marvel. We all found ourselves rooting for him!!! Glad you got your bacon and I put mine in the freezer too.

Tink Nice to see you post! Wow good luck on getting your lawn cut, ours still kind of frozen and when it is not it is soaked from all the snow and melting. I can't wait to hear the sound of the lawn mower and not the snow blower!! I hope you got that extra cup of coffee and it helped.

Robo Thanks for the minions as always. Every time I see them I think of Uni and it makes me happy. Despicable Me is one of my favorite rides there. I hope you and your family are doing well.

Sue 30 days countdowns get exciting. I was at 90 days on Saturday till we leave. I like having the clothes that I am taking on vacation out already. It is such a pain to have to dig out the clothes to pack. I hope you can start finding some good flights to DL!!!! Busy days and weeks makes the time go quicker for vacation!!!

:wave: to anyone that I have missed, and I hope everyone has a great Monday:goodvibes

Sending more well wishes to you, Bobbie. Yeah, seems the mom cook always has to be available. Not my little one. She loves shopping, particularly for her, and heels are always wanted, as most of the girls around here, definitely like them high. And yes, we have done the safari a few times. When my kids were younger, we went there, when you used your own car to go through. 8th grade science classes always go to Six Flags for a day. It's not that far, about an hour away. We enjoy going to the Zoo. It's about a 20 or so minute ride, and we see something different every time. Like these 2 black spider monkeys beating the crap out each other, while chasing each other acrobatically all over the cage, including falling straight down from the ceiling to the floor. All viewing were having a good time laughing at them. They were so fast, I could not get a good shot of them with my phone.

Walk done, was with sunglasses, but almost not needed. Definitely feels like rain is coming. Was glad to have a jacket on too, as that just enough blow of wind felt cold.

And yep Sue, most of the weather we get was what the West got days before, though it sometimes stalls over Keisha, as it doesn't pass over the mountain chain just West of me. We also get snow and rain from Nor'easter storms too, that come up from the Southern coast. I am hoping that gulf stream goes higher than us, as that means all the warm rises up North.

Hey all, dreary & rainy day. Made the best of it, attacked my stove stop (sometimes those black ones can get away from you when you don’t have your readers on :sail:rewatched TWD (ahem twice lol). My DVR recording cut off at an hour. So my middle DS texts after it and says something close to a spoiler...oh nooos

Trying to get my nerve up to book an excursion on upcoming trip outside of my comfort zone, almost there.

You ran out of bacon!!!!! Noooooo.........always dread that happening.......

The crawfish were nice......but so much effort for not much reward.......shrimp were amazing but you do get them with heads, tails and everything in between......hence the gloves and bib......it is messy.......but so good!!!

Thank you........he’s doing good!!!!

I wouldn’t use the HRH Club Lounge........it is much smaller, and I mean smaller........last visit we spoke to a family who had one night there and transferred to RP Club level and were much happier.......they couldn’t get a seat in HR and it was very cramped. Beer and wine were served outside the lounge as there was no room. They have admitted this is a problem. There have been a few negative reviews around recently........been in both and RP is far superior........

We came back to sunshine today.....yay, glad you have some nice weather too........food sounds good.......we met a family from your City......and guess what.....they hate the cold too!!

The RR on I Drive is somewhere we looked at trying but friends at the hotel said don’t go.......I trust their judgement so kept away.....funny how some locations are better than others.

Oh my goodness I agree!!! Tom has never shopped for himself since we met........would never occur to him to go on his own.......of course the fact we spend every waking and sleeping moment together makes that unlikely......:rotfl:Your Mister always looks good so you make good choices for him...........

Thanks to you for the safe travel wishes......always appreciated........

Had a wonderful trip........fabulous flight home. Quietest night flight ever!! Even the almost 7 month old baby on the other side of us never made one sound, he was adorable and couldn’t take his eyes off of Tom! So cute........then he slept all flight. Have to admit we slept for around 3 hours which is unusual and happy we did. One of our three pilots was the senior training pilot and actually he was seamless......barely even felt us taking off and apart from the turbulence through the cloud after we took off it was perfect.....and the smoothest landing ever!!!!

Good journey home with car service we had.......Tom and I both managed to snooze (sleep soundly apparently) for almost 90 minutes, made the longer journey much more palatable. Have them booked for our May trip too. More expensive way to do it, but so much easier so it’s worth it.

Seeing Kyle was was lovely :grouphug: had a good old catch up and stayed up this time, didn’t go to bed at all........did laundry (don’t laugh Janet) and most of it all done now. Had takeout food as always and now trying to stay awake till at least 10.30pm....almost two hours....not sure I’ll manage it.

Nice to be home though.......hope everyone’s good........

The eyes have it, eek. Don’t know why that freaks me out.

Funny thing about the mr is after decades of wearing nice stuff, he’s bit of a label snob now

Oh, I have NO PROBLEM SHOPPING...Except for fancy clothes! We've owned a screen printing company for over 30 years, so I "might" have a T-Shirt or two. I told my wife I was gonna buy a dang purple suit in honor of his holy toothiness and she about came unglued. :sad:

Didn’t know that, how cool! One of my DS first jobs out of college was selling school & team tshirts, etc. to colleges, HS & club sport teams. Talk about a cut throat business, who knew?

I’ve been saying for years i’m Going to gather up my old vintage tshirts and make a quilt, have seen some nice finished products.

If you are a Walking Dead fan, tonight was a great episode

Playing catch up now for the thread here

Hope all had a fine weekend!

It was indeed, great special effects and the twist was a goodie

We also picked up several pkg of our thick bacon, sale! Also in freezer now. Too bad about the below standard meal. Guess it can happen anywhere. We have 2 Red Robin near us. At opposite ends of town. Haven’t been in awhile but I like them.

Here, i thought i was alone is stashing bacon in freezer lol. Most I know say it tastes different to them. my palate must not be as well defined

Thanks, just set the record for the midnight show. I still haven’t watched tonight’s Walking Dead show. I think I may save for the morning now since it’s already 11pm here now. So may turn on a boring show so I can get to sleep, lol

I had to re set mine for later show. Seemed so strange to come home this am & catch the end at 5am.

Commute word does not exist in your vocabulary once you retire

Either do clocks

Lol

I learnt it again lol

Good morning everyone :wave2:...It was a tough week being really sick. When I catch something I seem to get hit harder. I couldn't even look at a computer screen, tv or anything my eyes and head would hurt. Feeling a little better not great though. I have missed everyone and wanted to stop by. I was only able to catch a few things posted.

It's slowly warming up during the day, I can't wait to wake up to warm weather and not need a jacket. Meals were very basic this week, mostly pasta with different things. It is one of the easiest things to make when I am down for the count.

Liv and the group handed in their roller coaster project today and have to present. I feel bad because it was done at my house ( we have all the tools and the basement) and unfortunately the other two couldn't come over as often so a lot fell to Liv. They are upset cause they feel they didn't do as much. Liv told them she is putting they all did equal amount. Liv just cares about the grade not who did what. I hope they will be okay. I guess there are rumors going around that Liv did most of the work. She thinks that is why people don't work with her much. The truth is she would let them but they don't step up and she is not going to get a bad grade for it. Brian did help with some of the construction and the tools. I think it was fine but who knows. She is very nervous about presenting but I told her she will be fine.

Liv and I couldn't get to look at shoes last week with me being sick, so hoping to do that this week. I hope she can find what she wants.

Schumi Glad that you had a great time and a good flight home. It is nice to be home after a trip especially coming home to your son. Congrats to your son for being chosen for his job!

Lynne Loved the pics of the zoo. The aardvark is so cute!! Have you been on the safari at six flags NJ. If you get off at the camp they have Archie the ant eater. I have a picture of him sticking his head in a bright orange cone and walking around. They are so cute to watch. Oh and I have a picture Archie painted with his paws. NJ does this with some of the animals to raise money. I have another from Joyce the elephant. They are amazing to have on my walls.

Monykalyn I love the pic of the chicks. They are so adorable. How nice to see your son with the chick. I hope they continue to bring you guys joy. Congrats to your kids on their expeditions.

Buckeev Enjoy Vegas!!

Mac I didn't get to see the walking dead yet. I am hoping to watch it tonight. I have heard it is good. I wish I had seen your recommendation on the Talking Dead. I will try and find it. I hope you and the kitties are doing well.

Charade I thought B's dress was very pretty, I am glad she is happy with it. Oh good you got it back you guys must feel better now. That is funny you mentioned the converse because the sales associate who sold us the dress recommended Liv to wear converse cause she doesn't wear heels. Liv is going to do silver flats. I am sure you will need lots of snacks for the bus trip make sure you get your favorite!!
I hear you Liv can't stand shopping either unless it is something specific she wants. It's like pulling teeth.

Patty Happy unpacking and organizing. It takes us a while too. Glad your trip was great and what you needed. Glad your temps are rising. Oh and I would love to have that cute orange boy pop out anytime!!

Keisha Glad you had a great night's sleep. It is amazing how you feel when that happens. I don't have that often but boy does it feel good. Yea my family had the same reaction about the kitty in Captain Marvel. We all found ourselves rooting for him!!! Glad you got your bacon and I put mine in the freezer too.

Tink Nice to see you post! Wow good luck on getting your lawn cut, ours still kind of frozen and when it is not it is soaked from all the snow and melting. I can't wait to hear the sound of the lawn mower and not the snow blower!! I hope you got that extra cup of coffee and it helped.

Robo Thanks for the minions as always. Every time I see them I think of Uni and it makes me happy. Despicable Me is one of my favorite rides there. I hope you and your family are doing well.

Sue 30 days countdowns get exciting. I was at 90 days on Saturday till we leave. I like having the clothes that I am taking on vacation out already. It is such a pain to have to dig out the clothes to pack. I hope you can start finding some good flights to DL!!!! Busy days and weeks makes the time go quicker for vacation!!!

:wave: to anyone that I have missed, and I hope everyone has a great Monday:goodvibes

Is that ‘the egg’ project? A fun one all the way around.

The fancy, blinged out white converse chuck Taylor’s are still very popular here under gowns, even wedding dress :). Seems smart to me, better than the inevitable, dreaded bare tootsies as the night wanes on

Time to get going and cut the grass before it rains this afternoon

Ahh- cutting grass in March! A dream of mine someday! :) Won't be able to do so here until late April- or even May!

And if I bring my umbrella, then it won't rain. I hope

Yep- if you're prepared, you won't need it! Hope you had a nice walk!:)

Next 2 days busy with dentist appt, dog groomer, tax accountant, friends birthday luncheon, and it’s time to switch out winter clothing from dresser & closet, and put in spring/summer. Then I can start to lay out clothing I want to pack!

Wow!! That is a busy schedule, indeed! Packing? Yay!!:cheer2:

It was a tough week being really sick

So sorry, Bobbie! Sending healing wishes your way!:)

Keisha- just saw your post- live on the edge and book that excursion!:thumbsup2

Needed a little break! and a cookie (or two!) Busy, busy!! Later going out to dinner with some friends! Hope everyone has a great afternoon!

Good Monday afternoon Sans family :wave2:

43D10284-432D-44E3-827B-0EC4A4002A2D.jpeg

685698CE-4603-45EB-AD8F-44FB92B089A4.jpeg

I’am letting RoboVac do the vacuuming today.......I just need to borrow someone’s cat to ride on the top like in the YouTube video :happytv:.

Had a wonderful trip........fabulous flight home. Quietest night flight ever!!

Glad to hear you had a good trip home...... with no feet involved. I bet your son was just as happy to see you both. Congratulations to him on his move up in his job. It’s always nice to hear that companies are recognizing their brightest employees.

Yep.....those minions have a way of putting a smile on your face for sure.......hope all goes well with B’s coaster presentation.

Good morning everyone :wave2:...It was a tough week being really sick.

Hope you have turned the corner and are feeling better :hug:

To all who are ailing get well soon
A2AADD85-EF6C-44BD-9BE4-0D4B66F08B11.gif

Mac hope the foot is healing up well.
2E0965C8-A6C0-4B1E-B9F6-42F2884D0E9B.gif

Need to get scootin.....my neighbor and I are going out for burgers and a movie with an elderly couple down the block. They are fun to be around.

:wave: Tink, Keisha, Lynne, Pattyw, Sue, Charade, Ckmiles and all our Sans family.

Last edited:
I’am letting RoboVac do the vacuuming today.......I just need to borrow someone’s cat to ride on the top like in the YouTube video :happytv:.

I have quite the collection that I could lend you- but I think mine would run the other way! That's why I don't think a Robovac would work for me!:(
Have a great dinner!!:)

Hi everyone twice in one day I am posting :scared1:... I hope everyone had a nice Monday. Mine was a little better trying to get caught up on stuff but no motivation:sad2:.

Thank you Patty for the get well pic that made my night :goodvibes:teeth: and thank you Lynne, Robo , Keishashadow. I appreciate it very much:goodvibes

I am not sure if anyone suffers with sinus problems that lead to infections especially with a cold, but I find great relief and prevention of infection with a nasal rinse. I don't use the saline for it burns my nose just the warm filtered water. I can't believe how much it rinses the sinuses and prevents other issues. Brian wants to look in to the Navage but it is to expensive right now.

Just reheated pepperoni sauce for dinner, the three amigos went to band practice tonight, I am just hanging out getting to catch up on the DIS. :woohoo:

I did watch the walking dead but like others my episode stopped recording right at the good part >:(.. I found it is going to be on Wednesday so will finish watching it so far great episode.

Oh and Thanks Robo Liv did great on her coaster project. She thinks she got an A, but her group got first place for the contest. They got a little trophy and get to have their coaster in the office :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Well I am off to get ready for everyone to come home I hope everyone has a great night:D

I feel like ramming my head into a brick wall. Tonight we were trying to get some college stuff sorted for Bethany. First we had her set up a FERPA pin so that the school will be able to talk to us if we need to assist her with somethig. Next I suggested that she go ahead and set up her university email account since they are probably already sending her stuff. The school makes you use some sort of authentication app, and we couldn’t get it to work. After about 30 really frustrating minutes we finally gave up. I’m going to have her call tech support tomorrow and see if they can walk her through it. WHen I was a student a few years ago all we needed was an ID and password.

B is taking dual enrollment classes this year (and last) so she is technically a student at the local community college even though she takes her classes at the high school. She tried logging into that site to have her transcript sent to the university, but couldn’t remember her password. She tried to reset the password, but it kept telling her she was giving wrong answers to the security questions. (She wasn’t) After several tries she finally got in. She then checked that email account (has never checked it in almost 2 years) and had over 300 unread emails.

I told my wife I was gonna buy a dang purple suit in honor of his holy toothiness and she about came unglued.
Do it!! I just read somewhere that Donny and Marie will be ending their Vegas show this year.

Lynne- glad it was a bunny! I'm always scared a skunk will be my visitor!!
With us its the neighbors cat. She loves hanging out in our yard for some reason, but always runs when she sees us.

It’s almost time for us to call the lawn guy. I think we get new and different weeds each year.

I’m almost afraid to switch out my clothes. It seems that every time I do, the previous season comes back for a while.

Good morning everyone :wave2:...It was a tough week being really sick.
Glad you are feeling better and posting again.

Hey all, dreary & rainy day. Made the best of it, attacked my stove stop (sometimes those black ones can get away from you when you don’t have your readers on
I hate having a black stove top. It never seem to stay clean.

I’ve been saying for years i’m Going to gather up my old vintage tshirts and make a quilt, have seen some nice finished products.
I want to do that with all of B’s dance tees once she is finished with dance.

Oh and Thanks Robo Liv did great on her coaster project. She thinks she got an A, but her group got first place for the contest. They got a little trophy and get to have their coaster in the office
Congrats to Liv.

Time to get some sleep.

Good Morning :D

Hi Mac I am here :wave2: I hope you had a good night!!

Thanks Charade she was very happy about winning!! Sorry to hear about all the technical problems with the college web site. I haven't even gotten that far. We have to call them this week and start moving on stuff.

Today started off cold but will warm a bit. Kind of a slower day today, with some appointments. I am going to try and get motivated to do projects but it is so hard:sad2:.

I am not sure what to do for dinner tonight, have to be out for a bit. Oh I did buy the Instapot and absolutely love it. We made a corn beef in it last week with the pressure cooker option it was amazing. I have to start looking at some other recipes to do in it. I am getting bored of the same stuff.

I have to help take care of my friends cats this morning, well for a few days so I have to run. I am getting some pay for it so that is always welcome.

Have a good morning:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!