Something About Nothing ... #12

Life is going to become a little more interesting for me... I am 52 years old, kinda set in my ways, and have been single all my life. I had roommates in college and a roommate for about 6 months 12 years ago.

Tomorrow, I will be getting 2 new roommates and their 2 cats. One of my co-workers at my second job, whom I've known for 2+ years now, is going to wind up without a place to live. He and his wife were going to be living out of their Jeep and trying to put the cats in a 'kitty day care'. I can't let that happen to someone I know. I have offered them my spare room, which has turned out to be bigger than their original apartment. They're moving in tomorrow. I'm kinda worried about how my two cats are going to react to their two cats... They plan on moving to Virginia (basically because the cost of living is SO much cheaper than here in Mass. They both work retail full time and there's no way they can afford a place up here on their own. So, this will be temporary.. I'm thinking 6 months for them to get back on their feet. Maybe less because they're not going to be paying utilities or rent. (I may ask them for some rent money after the first month, but even if I do, it will be much less than they were paying for their other place.)

I'm glad to do this, just a little nervous about changing my living situation.

Life is going to become a little more interesting for me... I am 52 years old, kinda set in my ways, and have been single all my life. I had roommates in college and a roommate for about 6 months 12 years ago.

Tomorrow, I will be getting 2 new roommates and their 2 cats. One of my co-workers at my second job, whom I've known for 2+ years now, is going to wind up without a place to live. He and his wife were going to be living out of their Jeep and trying to put the cats in a 'kitty day care'. I can't let that happen to someone I know. I have offered them my spare room, which has turned out to be bigger than their original apartment. They're moving in tomorrow. I'm kinda worried about how my two cats are going to react to their two cats... They plan on moving to Virginia (basically because the cost of living is SO much cheaper than here in Mass. They both work retail full time and there's no way they can afford a place up here on their own. So, this will be temporary.. I'm thinking 6 months for them to get back on their feet. Maybe less because they're not going to be paying utilities or rent. (I may ask them for some rent money after the first month, but even if I do, it will be much less than they were paying for their other place.)

i'll pm you on what you should do.
i'm a cat person and don't want to write my usually essays in this thread of heads' up stuff you need to do

but want to say you are a good man to help out the couple
for the increase of water and electricity, ask for them to cover a portion of those bills.
when i lived in the North, electricity was at a high rate.

Chuckers- Good luck with your new roommate situation! I agree I'd ask them to chip in for electric/water if they are able to and later rent. They would likely want to if they are there for more than a couple weeks. MA is expensive! I remember when housing wasn't crazy there. On the plus side, my parents made a bunch of money when they sold my childhood home thanks to the increase cost.

Schumi - Sounds like a very smart guy - knowing to hand you wine when the grumpies hit!

Happy Monday y'all! Not much going on night now. We woke up late and got a lot less productive stuff done than usual. I have a case of the Mondays right now, as do all my kids. It's hard for them to get motivated when I am not motivated enough to motivate them. I went to see Hairspray at the Doctor Phillips Center last night. A couple of the actors had amazing voices. It was the encore troope. It's a beautiful building. The name was misleading though - it's not actually in Doctor Phillips. It wasn't too bad of a drive, just further than we expected. (It was 30 minutes away).

Chuckers- Good luck with your new roommate situation! I agree I'd ask them to chip in for electric/water if they are able to and later rent. They would likely want to if they are there for more than a couple weeks. MA is expensive! I remember when housing wasn't crazy there. On the plus side, my parents made a bunch of money when they sold my childhood home thanks to the increase cost.

Schumi - Sounds like a very smart guy - knowing to hand you wine when the grumpies hit!

Happy Monday y'all! Not much going on night now. We woke up late and got a lot less productive stuff done than usual. I have a case of the Mondays right now, as do all my kids. It's hard for them to get motivated when I am not motivated enough to motivate them. I went to see Hairspray at the Doctor Phillips Center last night. A couple of the actors had amazing voices. It was the encore troope. It's a beautiful building. The name was misleading though - it's not actually in Doctor Phillips. It wasn't too bad of a drive, just further than we expected. (It was 30 minutes away).

Lol......yes he's a very wise man.......can read my moods instinctively! Well, suppose he should after 27 years together.......lol........wine always mellows me.........

Isn't that Dr Phillips Centre in Downtown Orlando? We went a few years ago to see a local show........dh thinks it's called something else, but I'm sure it's the same place.

Our schools all broke up on a Friday for 6 weeks summer holiday, so today was first official day and it was so awful.........have friends who are looking after grandbabies during school holidays and they look for decent weather.......

Going to watch Silence of the Lambs in a bit............glad I have the wine!

I will ask for some payment later on. Just need to get them back on their feet first. They are very grateful and I know they want to chip in.

I'm already up 10 grand and I've only had the house a year!

Last edited:

Lol......yes he's a very wise man.......can read my moods instinctively! Well, suppose he should after 27 years together.......lol........wine always mellows me.........

Isn't that Dr Phillips Centre in Downtown Orlando? We went a few years ago to see a local show........dh thinks it's called something else, but I'm sure it's the same place.

Our schools all broke up on a Friday for 6 weeks summer holiday, so today was first official day and it was so awful.........have friends who are looking after grandbabies during school holidays and they look for decent weather.......

Going to watch Silence of the Lambs in a bit............glad I have the wine!
Yes, it's downtown. Which I didn't know until after we bought tickets. It's called the Doctor Phillips Center of Performing Arts. It includes two theaters, but the main one is called the Walt Disney Theater so maybe that's what he's thinking.

[USER=592376]@wagman67
I hope you had a great birthday! Welcome to the 50 club! :)'[/USER]

Thanks....had a great time.

Way to go...props to you for helping others. I hope they understand the sacrifice you are making, because that is a huge life change, temporary or not.

th
th

Good Morning homies. Tuesday it is. Chicken Parm night for us. No tacos. At least that's what I'm thinking. Little one is on a pasta kick.

A very gray and cool start to this rainy day. Thunderstorms came through last night. Towards the end, a very close strike of lightning. A minute later, the local fire siren went off. Guess it hit something. Older one said he smelled smoke. I didn't, but had to have a look around the house just because. Nothing on the late night news, so whatever got hit, wasn't caught on video. More rain today.

That was very kind of you Chuckers. I hope they do get on their feet, and much appreciate your help.

Now Wags is in the 50's club. Glad to hear your birthday was a great time.

MonyK, did you get your get up and go yet? It's the weather. Sticky and icky. Makes ya want to do nothing.

Kohlby, that's interesting about the different theaters. Haven't seen Hairspray in years. It's more enjoyable when most of the singers can really sing. HeHe, little one liked Pitched Perfect when it first came out. One of the movie trailers was for PP3. I got stink eye when I asked if she was interested in seeing it. That will not be one of the fall movies we will be seeing. She does like some pop music, but is a rocker at heart. :rockband:

Yeah, where is PC? Half the summer over, so the offspring are probably keeping him busy. Hope all is well your way PC.

And TinyD - hope all is well from you, no hear from ya.

Schumi - heater on in July? Eeek. Even though it's not that hot out, heard the AC on this morning. While not that hot, with the rain last night, it's oh so muggy once again.

Mac, hope you are feeling less or no pain now. Sending well wishing mummy dust, always.

Up having my coffee. We have been properly minionized this morning.....LOL.......

Have family coming in from out of town this afternoon. Put a dry rub on some ribs last night and will put them in crockpot in a little while. Twice backed potatoes in the icebox and a couple strawberry pies made. Dining room table will be full this evening. That's how this Nana likes it. Always nice to see family.

Monykalyn love the picture of your Lil Roo. He is a beauty.

Wagman67 glad to hear you had a great time at your birthday dinner.

Lynne where's our countdown? You are at keeping the flame burning for HHN.

Speaking of HHN. I wish they would release some more house information.
IMG_2166.GIF

IMG_2167.GIF

Robo's had too much coffee. LOL Good Morning Robo. That meal for the family sounds lush. Always nice to connect with family.

Good Morning Tink. Hope your coffee is hot and plenty.

oh, our count down for the Fab 4 - Mac, Robo, Keisha (a maybe) and me: 69 days, 2 months and 7 days, 9 weeks and 6 days, 1,656 hours, 99,360 minutes, and 5,961,600 seconds. Nine more days until the fastpass try. Guess I'd better get over to the ITT office and buy my ticket. And eek, have to renew the darkside AP that expires in August too. Well, I'll wait until later next month for that.

Need more tea.

Way to go...props to you for helping others. I hope they understand the sacrifice you are making, because that is a huge life change, temporary or not.

They do. They're very grateful. It's going to be tough because I am old and crotchety :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter